Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With all due respect, stop being tosser. I think from the head and am rarely wrong. I predicted the Chelsea result, and Man Utd result when you were living on cloud nine. One of the reasons we won't finish top four this year is because of our results against the top sides, and Saturday won't be any different.
By all means, let's do a retrospective on your previous bold calls...

Sept 2016, You're critical of people happy with the state of our squad:
If everyone is happy having the 6th best squad in the prem, then by all means be happy. Personally I would rather have the best
Of course, we then went on to finish second in the league...

Nov 2016, You're calling us to lose at the Emirates:
This is a nailed on loss if I have ever seen one. Arse 3-1 Spurs
Result was 1-1 draw.

Same day, you're calling for Poch to be sacked:
Will we ever score a goal from open play again ?

Poch out, I have had enough !!
Every game is painful to watch. I honestly believe that Potch is AVB reincarnated. Six games now without a goal from open play. I was once told that football is meant to be entertaining, but the person who told me may have been mistaken. I have had enough, Poch out !!
No trolling mate. For some strange reason there is an element of supporters who see poch as a God, I see him as a slightly improved version of AVB, and no better. The football is absolute agony to watch, and the manager doesn't have a plan B. Can you honestly tell me that out players aren't better than the crap they are dishing up ?

I said at the beginning of the season he won't make it until the end, now I am thinking Christmas.

Couple of weeks later:
Back to the Poch thread. Third in a two horse race last year when the top sides didn't perform. A 6 game run without a goal from open play. Out of League cup, and the CL. No chance of top four, and no doubt he will have us exiting the FA cup at the first available chance. The team plays ugly football, and there is never a plan B. I gave him till the end of the season, but Christmas would be better. Eddie Howe would be nice
LOL. Don't forget the new stadium needs paying for. Also, the additional revenue from the stadium will not generate nearly enough cash to sign top class players. The fact is that Poch's signings have been dreadful, the football has been dreadful, he doesn't appear to take any competitions seriously, and he has no plan B. To be honest, he is like Martin Jol, he had a bit of luck and is now being found out. Ultimately it doesn't matter what you and I think, I can't see levy standing for this crap for much longer. POCH OUT
I am not sure what young players you refer to. Off the top of my head the only decent one we have is Alli, and he came from MK Dons. There are various others he has tried, but in general they have all been disappointing.
The fact is that he hasn't won anything in his entire career, and if what I have witnessed so far is an example of his coaching skills, I don't think we will either. I hope I am wrong, but I very much doubt it. Of course, he could prove me wrong by actually taking a competition seriously. What offends me worse of all, is the horrible boring football he has the team playing, and his lack of a plan B. Example, we were getting torn apart down the flanks when we played Monaco, and any idiot could see we needed 4 at the back, but did he change things, did he fook. If Poch wasn't young and foreign, and was called Sam Allardyce, you and all the other Spurs supporters would be shouting for his head.
My expectation and hope is that Poch gets sacked, and we get a manager who has some sort of idea what he is doing. Other than that, to stay up

1 Dec 2016, Pochettino is worse than Sherwood:
Have we improved. Yes, we are a better team than we were under Santini, Jol and AVB. However, we are worse than we were under Harry, Sherwood, and Sir Bill. If we are comparing with last season, I would say worse, as last year we were pressing a lot more, and the players appeared to be far more interested. The simple fact is that our only chance of winning anything this year is the FA cup, and as the manager shows a total disregard and lack of respect for it, we won't win that either

8 Dec, we're going to finish fifth.
An outside chance of a top four finish, but a title challenge is overdoing it my friend. Put your money on 5th
Again, we finished second that season...

18 Dec, you wildly neg Harry Winks:
Really, he won't. He will end up at Hull, West Brom, Palace etc. Some people on here have used his name in the same sentence as Modric, which is completely laughable. I remember people on forums talking about Bentaleb as if he was going to set the world on fire, and how bloody awful is he. I have been watching Spurs for 47 years and believe me I can spot a player. Off the top of my head the only time I can remember getting it wrong was Danny Rose, who has turned out to be brilliant, otherwise I am always spot on. Winks isn't a bad player, but he will never be good enough for a team like Spurs.
He's absolute pants mate. Does nothing for the team at all. Can't wait till we sell him to Hull in the summer

And then you slate the team, again:
Your, right. We need 6 points from the Watford and Southampton games, but I would be surprised if that's what we get. I am not holding my breath as far as Chelsea are concerned though.

As far as the buzz goes, I don't think there has been one for a while. This is for several reasons. The football we play now is pretty dull, and if we are honest with ourselves there is little chance of winning anything. Levy will want a top four place in order he can get in some dosh and please the shareholders, so Poch will blow the two remaining competitions we are in to try and please him. That said, we will struggle for 5th place, let alone 4th. Finally, the football supporter demographic has changed and political correctness dictates what we can sing.
In fact, we picked up all 9 points from Watford, Southampton, and Chelsea, and instead of struggling for fifth, I'll mention again that we finished second.

26 Dec 2016, you call a loss to Southampton:
I honestly can't see us getting anything from the game. I believe there is little discipline and commitment amongst the players, and as a result most of them are now going to be hung over and a stone over weight. Saints 2-0 Spurs
Actual result: Win 4-1

In the aftermath, you out yourself as a troll and change the record:
I actually said 5-1, but didn't take into account Kane would miss the penalty. A win was always the obvious result, but unfortunately I predict we won't get anything from the Watford game

29 Dec 2016: Watford are going to beat us:
That's heart ruling head. With our suspensions and injuries I can't see us getting anything from this one. Watford 2-1 Spurs
Actual result: Another win 4-1

Tell you what, I'll stop right here. I've got other work to do. Your record of calling anything is fucking horrible.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Don Giovanni Don Giovanni 's meltdown after getting one disagree in this thread. :dembelelol:

2pr69u8.jpg

2db5r0k.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha. Don Giovanni Don Giovanni 's meltdown after getting one disagree in this thread. :dembelelol:

2pr69u8.jpg

He did the same to me a while back.

Its pretty simple, dont post ill informed, controversial, and unnecessarily negative shit literally all the time and you wont get people sending for you.

Fucking victim mentality.

I'm pretty protective of this place, I don't live in London, there are no other Spurs fans local to me that i know. So It's somewhere i can go to vent, rant and crow about my beloved Tottenham Hotspur with people who get it and appreciate Spurs and football in general the way that i do. Not that everyone has to support football in the same way, but if you have an axe to grind then do it productively imo.

It's disappointing that certain fellow fans see it a as a place to discharge personal agendas or use it to peddle negativity in order to satisfy some internal disappointment or inadequacy. And it is clearly in contradiction to the attitude of the people that actually formed and run this place in the first place.

Im perplexed as to how people can still maintain that attitude when there is so much positivity around the club nowadays. Imagine if this place had existed when we signed Andy Booth on emergency loan!!

Last edited:
I still feel very nervous when we play this fixture because form tends to go out of the window and all it needs is a dodgy refereeing decision, an unfortunate injury or a complacent performance for things not to go our way. On paper we are superior in every department but as we all know, that means squat when it comes to actually playing the game. Please, please Spurs - stuff the nomads good and proper.

Personally I think having Mike Dean as ref is the worse thing that could happen to us..

He is aware of all this Spurs fan Bollocks and will go out his way (AGAIN)to prove it’s not the case.

I can guarantee that he will hand them either a pen or we will get a red card.. or even have a perfectly good goal disallowed..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom