Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Hugo
S T J
Trippier Dier Dembele Davies
Eriksen Dele
Kane

It's a dangerous fixture as they always step up against us, but I would still go with Trippier for those mean crosses in. Dembele if fit to fuck Ramsey to the ground and winks in the second half. I trust Davies with this more than Rose.

I anticipate the early KO and the international break will make the match more static so the tempo might be a bit frustrating for us.

Last couple of times we won there we got 3, 3-1 Kane (2) and Davies

Hugo
S T J
Trippier Dier Dembele Davies
Eriksen Dele
Kane

It's a dangerous fixture as they always step up against us, but I would still go with Trippier for those mean crosses in. Dembele if fit to fuck Ramsey to the ground and winks in the second half. I trust Davies with this more than Rose.

I anticipate the early KO and the international break will make the match more static so the tempo might be a bit frustrating for us.

Last couple of times we won there we got 3, 3-1 Kane (2) and Davies

Very harsh on Winks, and yet I would go with that team too.

I still feel very nervous when we play this fixture because form tends to go out of the window and all it needs is a dodgy refereeing decision, an unfortunate injury or a complacent performance for things not to go our way. On paper we are superior in every department but as we all know, that means squat when it comes to actually playing the game. Please, please Spurs - stuff the nomads good and proper.

I still feel very nervous when we play this fixture because form tends to go out of the window and all it needs is a dodgy refereeing decision, an unfortunate injury or a complacent performance for things not to go our way. On paper we are superior in every department but as we all know, that means squat when it comes to actually playing the game. Please, please Spurs - stuff the nomads good and proper.

I agree, these days they are just a mid table team, with the best they can hope for is another shot at the EL next season, but as you said with these kind of games form goes out the window and for once I don't feel we are the under dog, however I'm hoping the international break has given us the chance to recharge our batteries, and I have no doubt our players will be up for this, like yourself I'm always nervous playing these, like west ham they are defiantly one of the other mid table teams who seem to raise there game when playing one of the title contenders, and will see this as a cup final!
However I think Poch will have us set up right for this, and hopefully we can get the early goal and have this wrapped up in the first half! :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom