Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whether people want Poch backed or sacked is irrelevant anyway. One thing he's proved is he's a genius at developing and improving young and home grown players. Adding to the financial value of the squad. Producing saleable assets with little or no outlay. He's Levy's perfect manager. Barring a relegation free fall and mass fan demonstrations, he's safe in his job

Think I'm right in saying your a big fan of both Levy and Poch. So, out of interest, which one do you think is responsible for this "shit house panic buy" you talk of ?

I think it's like when you give the other half your credit card and they go shopping, They might not want a new bag or shoes, but they buy it any way because they can......

Anyone wanting Poch out is a fucking mentalist. Something isn't right at the moment with our play, it needs sorting, and it's frustrating that it seems to take Poch a while to do that, but he always sorts it in the end.

There was nothing wrong with our summer transfers except signing Sissoko which was alarmingly stupid. But it is what it is, we also make good deals.

I hope we are surprised on the weekend and do well against Chelsea. We should be up for a derby game against a bunch of total cunts and after fucking up in the CL.

No chance of a top 4 finish?
Never a plan B?
Why the fuck do some of our fans think that we are entitled to all this glory all of a sudden? Look at every club above us in the league, the main difference between them and us is money....they can afford to pay the £200k a week wages.... but then let's look at the last results with them .....

Gooners 1-1
Mac shitty 2-0 win
Manc united 3-0 win
Chavs 2-2

Please enlighten me who on the budget that we have at the club and with our wage structure, who do you think would do a better job then Poch?
:dembelefingers::avbfu:
Claudio Ranieri?

Whether people want Poch backed or sacked is irrelevant anyway. One thing he's proved is he's a genius at developing and improving young and home grown players. Adding to the financial value of the squad. Producing saleable assets with little or no outlay. He's Levy's perfect manager. Barring a relegation free fall and mass fan demonstrations, he's safe in his job
v0065_s-200x150.gif

Definitely. For all the praise Levy has gotten for his business sense, he is utter shit at getting commercial deals, which is the only real way to make Spurs capable of signing these top players. Compare it what the Boston guys did with Liverpool. Yes, some of it is cringy, but they're now richer than Juve and that allows them to pay the wages of players like Firmino and Mane (and will probably let them keep Coutinho for a while). Most of the money from the new stadium will probably go towards paying for the new stadium for a long time.

The back three against Woolwich and the 4-1-4-1 against Man City say otherwise. The past month or so has been disappointing, but I think that's down to injuries more than anything else.

He's managing the 6th-richest team in England. He's finished 5th and 3rd. I don't think it's just a "bit of luck", he's taken Spurs above the level that people thought they were capable of two years ago.

Just read this. What do you base this on? I think its way off the mark.

I cite the genius of being the first team to have separate cup and league sponsors as a good example of Levy's commercial shrewdness.

In fact our annual commercial revenue has increased from 28.7million in 2010 to 59.9million in 2015. That doesn't include match receipts or broadcasting money.

levy2.gif

I sort of agree...but would also say...

Rarely does a foreign player do well in their first season in the Prem.

Rarely does a cheap foreign player do well in their first season....... i feel it is often because our board are gambling on player at a certain price with one eye on sell on profit rather than immediate impact on the pitch.

Where money has honestly been spent ( on wages as well as publicized fees ) the foreign imports have tended to do well / very well.

For example,:vdvshh: or :klinsmann: where as :gio:or :paulinhobored: ..........:avbshock:

Rarely does a cheap foreign player do well in their first season....... i feel it is often because our board are gambling on player at a certain price with one eye on sell on profit rather than immediate impact on the pitch.

Where money has honestly been spent ( on wages as well as publicized fees ) the foreign imports have tended to do well / very well.

For example,:vdvshh: or :klinsmann: where as :gio:or :paulinhobored: ..........:avbshock:
So yedlin wasn't bought for his footballing ability & for the impact he would have for us on the pitch??!!!

I am not sure what young players you refer to. Off the top of my head the only decent one we have is Alli, and he came from MK Dons. There are various others he has tried, but in general they have all been disappointing.
The fact is that he hasn't won anything in his entire career, and if what I have witnessed so far is an example of his coaching skills, I don't think we will either. I hope I am wrong, but I very much doubt it. Of course, he could prove me wrong by actually taking a competition seriously. What offends me worse of all, is the horrible boring football he has the team playing, and his lack of a plan B. Example, we were getting torn apart down the flanks when we played Monaco, and any idiot could see we needed 4 at the back, but did he change things, did he fook. If Poch wasn't young and foreign, and was called Sam Allardyce, you and all the other Spurs supporters would be shouting for his head.

Just read this. What do you base this on? I think its way off the mark.

I cite the genius of being the first team to have separate cup and league sponsors as a good example of Levy's commercial shrewdness.

In fact our annual commercial revenue has increased from 28.7million in 2010 to 59.9million in 2015. That doesn't include match receipts or broadcasting money.

levy2.gif

So why don't we buy some some decent players then ?

I am not sure what young players you refer to. Off the top of my head the only decent one we have is Alli, and he came from MK Dons. There are various others he has tried, but in general they have all been disappointing.
The fact is that he hasn't won anything in his entire career, and if what I have witnessed so far is an example of his coaching skills, I don't think we will either. I hope I am wrong, but I very much doubt it. Of course, he could prove me wrong by actually taking a competition seriously. What offends me worse of all, is the horrible boring football he has the team playing, and his lack of a plan B. Example, we were getting torn apart down the flanks when we played Monaco, and any idiot could see we needed 4 at the back, but did he change things, did he fook. If Poch wasn't young and foreign, and was called Sam Allardyce, you and all the other Spurs supporters would be shouting for his head.
tumblr_ltt11zlKsG1qkwc1u.gif

Back
Top Bottom