TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A mid sized team punching above our weight !!!!.
Fuck right off.. We have a global fan base, supporters clubs all over the country, attract crowds of 70,000 and more at a neutral venue, one of the richest clubs in Europe, about to move into the best stadium in Europe (allegedly). ...We ain't no mid size team punching above our weight. We are fucking massive and have finally got back to the level we truly belong mate. In short, We are Spurs.
I meant punching above our weight in a good way...in that despite not having as much money etc we are doing extremely well, whereas I feel Woolwich, Liverpool etc should be doing better than us, if you look at the wages, merchandise sales, revenue streams, global fanbase etc. IMO it doesn't get recognised enough how well we are doing in proportion to the odds against us.

We are Spurs...agreed. I guess for me being a massive club isn't something I feel is important as to what I think of as Spurs. Growing up in the 90s I think of us having a hardcore, loyal fanbase, a great history, tradition, style but not as a big club. I don't mean it as an insult to ourselves!...I think you'll be hard pressed to find many people on this forum as loyal a supporter as me.

At any rate, I think we all have different definitions of a big club. Sure if you define it by ground/global fanbase/chance of success in near future I can see how you can argue we are a big club and possibly top three in the country.

A lot of people think, because of our success in the 60s/70s/80s, that we "should" be where we are whereas I think times have changed and we are doing very well to be where we are...that appears to be where we actually disagree.

I love everyone's optimism, but I am going to let my head rule my heart, sorry geezers it's going to be 2-1 to the Poool

Dont see the logic here....they score goals and get lauded for it, yet we have scored 2 more than them this season.
Also, we have the best defence in the PL....where as their defence is garbage. They conceded 12 to our 5.

We have struggled against Liverpool, but they are the same Liverpool since Klopp took over. We are have not stagnated under Poch. He has shown on numerous occasions that he can do his homework on specific teams and relay that to his players.

Klopp is just a big cheerleader who gets his players all riled up for the big boys. Not this time, I feel.

Fucking lol. Thats gotta be a Septic site surely?

L I V... E R P... DOUBLE O L.... Liverpool FC

hqdefault.jpg
is that Dwight from the british office?
Gareth1.jpg

Dont see the logic here....they score goals and get lauded for it, yet we have scored 2 more than them this season.
Also, we have the best defence in the PL....where as their defence is garbage. They conceded 12 to our 5.

We have struggled against Liverpool, but they are the same Liverpool since Klopp took over. We are have not stagnated under Poch. He has shown on numerous occasions that he can do his homework on specific teams and relay that to his players.

Klopp is just a big cheerleader who gets his players all riled up for the big boys. Not this time, I feel.

I really hope your right, and for the record I hate Liverpool more than Woolwich or Chelsea. Unfortunately our record against them is terrible, and our record at Wembley is also terrible. The combination of the two tells me we are going to lose. You may call me what you want, but 2+2=4

A mid sized team punching above our weight !!!!.
Fuck right off.. We have a global fan base, supporters clubs all over the country, attract crowds of 70,000 and more at a neutral venue, one of the richest clubs in Europe, about to move into the best stadium in Europe (allegedly). ...We ain't no mid size team punching above our weight. We are fucking massive and have finally got back to the level we truly belong mate. In short, We are Spurs.

:tobyarm:

I really hope your right, and for the record I hate Liverpool more than Woolwich or Chelsea. Unfortunately our record against them is terrible, and our record at Wembley is also terrible. The combination of the two tells me we are going to lose. You may call me what you want, but 2+2=4
Our record at Wembley this season reads.

W3
D2
L1

So yeah terrible, can we discuss the curse is just nonsense and we’re starting to find our feet playing in the new environment. We need to let the Dippers have possession and hit them on the break. Prior to them beating the farmers of Maribor they’ve been muck. They are there for the taking.

have a season ticket so this isn't for me but a mate is in town from Canada and wants to come to the game. tickets are available on ticket exchange. Can I buy additional tickets on my membership even though I already have a seat for the game? Assuming that i'd just have to go and get the separate ticket printed on the day at the ticket office?

Last edited:

Its not a matter of how many goals they've scored this season or their defensive record to be fair. We struggle against any team willing to press our team from the front.

Luckily, I think Pochettino has evolved this season. Especially after the way we've played against Dortmund and Madrid who are the two best teams we've played all season.

If we go into the Liverpool game with the same manner we go into every game against them, I'd be lost for words. Pochettino isn't a fucking idiot but he'd be pretty close to being one if he done that.

Luckily, their best presser is injured and their biggest goal threat is also injured.

Back
Top Bottom