TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------------------Lloris---------------------
--Alderweirld--Sanchez--Vertonghen--
Aurier--------Dier----Sissoko-------Davies
----------------------Eriksen-----------------------
-------------------Kane---Llorente-------------

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Dembele, Winks, Alli, Son

I definitely think Llorente should start this and a physical approach is needed against this lot. We have tried a various approaches against these cunts which have not worked but a physical approach is something we have not tried and we know their weak link is their defence and set pieces as well. Llorente would imo cause mayhem to their back line and tbh Alli might need a little rest(i know he didnt play tonight but still). Also would start Aurier who i think would fair better against Salah...although Trippiers crossing would be a great weapon.

I fucking hate this fixture. They always turn up against us, and we never seem to know how to match them. We’re better all over the park, but just can’t seem to do it.

Both coming off the back of big results, my heart says we’ll nick it but my head says 1-1.

- Lloris -
- Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Aurier Dembele Dier Rose -
- Eriksen Dele -
- Kane -​

Honestly this is even more worrying than the RM game. We need to be careful not to be complacent against these lot, they are just salivating at the idea of running at us and catching us off guard. We have to defend hard and take our chances, no CL hangover.

I think I dislike the dips more than other team , actually it’s not the team , it’s the fans , incredible passion of being victims .

Yes, we get it , you live in Liverpool but we can only do so much

87 : 2 to the yids

I think I dislike the dips more than other team , actually it’s not the team , it’s the fans , incredible passion of being victims .

Yes, we get it , you live in Liverpool but we can only do so much

87 : 2 to the yids
Like were going to chip in TWO goals pfft.

When you can play like we have so far in the CL against some of the best, all of a sudden these types of games don't seem so daunting.

City found them out, and this season so will we, I just have a feeling that Pochettino will have a better plan this time.

I think the result depends on us. If we can be focused, switched on and motivated, then we should win. We’re the better team. We need the crowd on our side too in a noisy, positive way. COYS.

Worried about this, but I feel like this one has draw written all over it. I will go 1-1 and to be honest that wouldn't be the worst result in the world.

As for the team, I think I would go for this

[formation="3421, Lloris, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Trippier, Winks, Dier, Alli, Son, Kane"][/formation]
Bench: Vorm, Aurier, Rose, Sissoko, Lamela/Dembele, Eriksen, Llorente

I think with Son and Alli not playing during the today it would be interesting to see them start together. Eriksen gets through a lot of yards and didn't have his best game against Liverpool so I would give him a rest. Davies hopefully is fit. I have a sneaking suspicion that Lamela will be on the bench for this one but honestly its hard to see where he fits in right now we just have so much depth coming together (never thought I would say that). Toss up between Winks and Sissoko as they were both immense tonight, but Winks just edges it for me seeing how Liverpool like to press and how tidy he is in possession.

I am so beyond over losing to these rat eating fucks. I hope that they come into this fixture brimming with confidence after beating the Slovenian sheep herders and just get absolutely slaughtered.

---------------------------Lloris---------------------
--Alderweirld--Sanchez--Vertonghen--
Aurier--------Dier----Sissoko-------Davies
----------------------Eriksen-----------------------
-------------------Kane---Llorente-------------

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Dembele, Winks, Alli, Son

I definitely think Llorente should start this and a physical approach is needed against this lot. We have tried a various approaches against these cunts which have not worked but a physical approach is something we have not tried and we know their weak link is their defence and set pieces as well. Llorente would imo cause mayhem to their back line and tbh Alli might need a little rest(i know he didnt play tonight but still). Also would start Aurier who i think would fair better against Salah...although Trippiers crossing would be a great weapon.

I think last nights set up would work very well against Liverpool. Who are like a shit Real.

We (Liverpool) seem to have the newbie jeebies over Spurs so Sundays game should be interesting. On thing I can't understand is why the hatred for people you have never met. Nobody loves the game more than me but I don't hate anybody because they are Spurs Woolwich Chelsea etc supporters.

[formation=3421, Lloris, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Trippier, Eriksen, Dier, Son, Alli, Kane][/formation]

Hopefully Davies has recovered in time? If not then Rose at LWB. Tripps, Son, and Alli in to freshen things up. Eriksen playing a deeper role to make things happen. The pace Heung Min Son brings will be vital on the counter attack. Bench is looking a lot stronger already with the likes of Winks, Sissoko, Rose and Llorente. Our squad depth is going to be pretty decent when Wanyama, Dembele and Lamela return. Up the spurs!

Back
Top Bottom