TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DMwdkJAWAAA-_3-.jpg:large

I hate Liverpool.....

I hate them more than ANY other cub.

Being Irish an living in Dublin you grow around Liverpool fans. and they're the most arrogant, entitled cunts imaginable. they genuinely think they've a right to win the league every single year despite having not won it it in TWENTY SEVEN years!! This arrogance is epitomized in the media -Soccer Saturday 4 days ago Phil Thompson said he EXPECTS Liverpool to win the league every year.... LIVERPOOL... EXPECTS...WIN THE LEAGUE! not top 5, not a title fight, Win the league..

Seriously! The arrogance and these cunts is unparalleled! They thing they have a God given right to success, they think supporting their club is a totally different experience to supporting any other. Their fans ring into Sky/BT to complain when there are ads or voice-overs over 'you'll never walk alone' Seriously!!!

They think Football is less without them, it was epitomized by Brenden Rodgers who got them back into the CL for the first times in years, he said "it's good for the Champions League and it's good for for football that "Liverpool FC" (Liverpool Football Club) are back where they BELONG"

Fuck off you cunts, Mark Lawrenson hasn't predicted Liverpool to lose a game in over 3 years! When Sterling wanted to better his career and go to City he was vilified by all the Pool pundits -John Barnes on Talksport "Why would he leave such a great club? where better to be?" OH I don't know John, somewhere it's not the 1980's and he can win a fucking trophy!! Fuck off

it's Micky Quinn, it's Gerrard, it's "Thommo" it's "Lawro" it's ,Michael Owen, it's David James, It's John Barnes, It's Steve McManaman! It's John Aldridge - I hate them to a man! I hate that at the start of every season we finish above them year after year after year EVERY pool pundit predicts they'll finish above us!

I fucking hate them, fuck them, hope we smash them.

Sorry for the rant

Last edited:
The FA will commence in an investigation following a complaint of a pitch invasion by Liverpool. Sky Sources confirmed Andrew Mariner’s report stated that there were 11 spectators from Liverpool on the pitch throughout the match.

WHAT. A. PERFORMANCE!

I'm going to start with Tripp's, those that have been in here long enough know that I don't rate him, but today this was his best ever performance for us. He actually made some tackles without fouling the oppo, he ran his legs off, on the ball played with confidence allowing him to pass out of a press, even tried to take on a player that nearly came off for him, best of all he wasn't lumping cross after cross after cross after cross, he was looking for a very early ball down the channels for Son/Dele/Eriksen/Kane to run onto, but he was also then supporting that ball. Well done young man.

Dele was another to run his nuts off, he covered every blade of grass in the final third on both flanks and through the middle, great goal too.

Winks = Baller, another that covered the ground today and all without a DM next to him, one of our own held his own, AGIAN!

All the back 5 were great YET AGAIN, Jan and Davison impressing too. Toby has been off recently (still brilliant, just 5% off) not today 100%.

Son is perfection when running flat-out at the oppo, they literally shat them selves today, if that effort that hit the bar what a gaol that would have been too.

Llrois - That save in the 2nd half was the greatest save I think I have ever seen and I'm not blowing smoke up anyone arse, it's very rare to see 80 thousand people jump to their feet following a save. Trust me, when Hugo is invited back to The Lane in 60yrs time that will be on the big screens.

Eriksen - tough guy today, really put it about, making tackles and getting his body in front of all the dippers, winning headers too.

Kane - That man ran, ran and ran some more today. How the hell days he score is first? right foot, left foot goal, all fighting to stay on balance and get the ball out from his feet - Genius.

We did this today without Rose, Davies, Wanyama, Lamela, Dembele and Dier!! Will we have to sit through another tedious transfer window listening to absolute wankers crying about this squad not being deep enough, what a bunch of fucking no nothing micro dicks.

Last word saved for the genius Poch. There simply isn't a better manger in the league. The variation to our play is incredible. Imagine if you are the cheque book manager Pep Guano, he knows that on our day we can play just like citeh, he knows because we've done it to him before, spanked him. He know knows we can play with a back 5 and score 4 against a side they had to wait until they went down to 10 men before they had their 2nd shot. He knows his side only has ONE way of playing, anyone who thinks they can 2nd guess Poch is a lier. LOVE THIS MAN.

Up the Spurs!

From RAWK:

"The fact is four of the most ridiculous ever individual/collective defensive aberrations it's been my misfortune to witness in the last 60 years of top flight football encounters 100% decided the outcome of this game. Nothing more. Penetration following crucial mistakes apart, nothing produced footballing-wise from Spurs in open play - which amounted to very little as it happens - actually penetrated us. In contrast, even faced with a blanket defensive set up for the entire game and without playing particularly well, we did at least cause Spurs problems in open play and penetrated their rearguard on more than a few occasions."

gT83EWF.gif

Oh dear, RAWK. It’s like a form of collective madness. :dembelelol:

“They have a brilliant defence but the rest of the field doesnt have more quality than us. There is no way we are having Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Winks and Dier over Firmino, Coutinho, Salah, Can, Henderson/Wijanldum.”

So why do we score more, concede fewer and finish above them every season? They’re mental.

Last edited:
Rather be a mid-sized team punching above our weight, which is what I see us as.
A mid sized team punching above our weight !!!!.
Fuck right off.. We have a global fan base, supporters clubs all over the country, attract crowds of 70,000 and more at a neutral venue, one of the richest clubs in Europe, about to move into the best stadium in Europe (allegedly). ...We ain't no mid size team punching above our weight. We are fucking massive and have finally got back to the level we truly belong mate. In short, We are Spurs.

RAWK is so funny. The Spurs thread is currently locked.

xx.gif

Re: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')
« Reply #1730 on: Today at 02:17:05 PM »

If we swapped keepers and had one of their center halves instead of lovren then they'd have lost yesterday I reckon. Give us a striker for good measure and we might have twatted them.
That's despite our very ordinary midfield.
I know its all a bit "if my aunty had balls" stuff but it just shows the small margins between being title contenders and a team that don't look good enough for fourth. Which is what we are.
Klopp had too much faith in certain players but I'm sure he realises that now. He is the right man to fix it.
For now lovren and mignolet must be dropped. It remains to be seen if the players replacing them are any better but its better to find out now so we know what our priority signings are in the next windows.

Basically if we swapped teams yesterday, Liverpool would have won. Can't really argue that...

Why on earth will we treat it like a cup final? Klopp clearly doesn't rate Spurs as a club. Since day one it was obvious. Or have you forgotten that quote from him, where he said Liverpool needs to win against teams like Spurs, which clearly pissed a lot of you Spuds off?

Klopp doesn’t rate Spurs? The Spurs who keep finishing miles ahead of his team? Then clearly the man is an idiot.

Credit where its due we were terrible as much as Spurs were brilliant. It just goes to show that stats mean fuck all Look at them for this game. Good luck for the rest of the season and I am not sure if you can catch City but I wouldn't be upset if you won the league

Back
Top Bottom