TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People who come on here supporting other clubs should just be banned. All it does it piss people off and cause arguments.

The last 5 pages have hardly mentioned the match on Sunday.

Well people shouldn't get pissed off so easily. All we LFC fans did was try to talk about the game in a reasonable manner yet get attacked with comments which are pretty much outdated.
I think its nice and refreshing to hear other teams views and comments from time to time.

DMlqaw8XcAA8RmV.jpg:large

Bring on the bin-dippers! COYS

So wait, Dembele is training?

That's him through the golf cart glass no?

Oh and we've got a long way to go before we are a bigger team than Liverpool.

We have clearly been the better team overall in recent memory but in terms of pedigree, trophies and legacy they are one of the biggest teams in the country if not Europe.
Totally agree and what's the shame in admitting it?

I don't get the wanting to be a big team and have all these gloryhunters worldwide following you. Rather be a mid-sized team punching above our weight, which is what I see us as.

The big teams in this country are in order:
1. Man Utd
2. Liverpool
3. Woolwich.

I'd put us in the next bracket on a similar level to Everton and Villa. Difficult to know where City and Chelsea fit in as they have lots of recent success and lots of wankers supporting them in other countries but a smaller core fanbase than us, Villa and Everton, plus their success is purely based on money.

I don't get the wanting to be a big team and have all these gloryhunters worldwide following you. Rather be a mid-sized team punching above our weight, which is what I see us as.

1. Man Utd
2. Liverpool
3. Woolwich.

I'd put us in the next bracket on a similar level to Everton and Villa. Difficult to know where City and Chelsea fit in as they have lots of recent success and lots of wankers supporting them in other countries but a smaller core fanbase than us, Villa and Everton, plus their success is purely based on money.
i'd put chelsea up above the scum. kids have popped up everywhere 'supporting' them over the last 10-12 years

To an extent you are correct but I have never understood why the out of town followers are disliked by some of the fans ( not many) but there are some. For me I see them as kindred spirits. I mean people who travel from Norway and Sweden to watch a game every week (and there are quite a lot of them) have my utmost respect
Maybe because they are happy to pay silly money for tickets which prices out the kid who lives next door to the stadium and can't afford to go in?

1. Man Utd
2. Liverpool
3. Woolwich.

In terms of fanbase and financial resources we’re much bigger than Everton or Villa, but what really constitutes how ‘big’ a club is hard to define.

1. Man Utd
2. Liverpool
3. Woolwich.

We are on a similar level to Villa? What the fuck is going on with this place
:deledoubt:

i'd put chelsea up above the scum. kids have popped up everywhere 'supporting' them over the last 10-12 years
Same thing with Citeh they've still got a while to go but I see about 10x the number of kits than I did in the early to mid 2000s. Hmmm I wonder why?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oh and we've got a long way to go before we are a bigger team than Liverpool.

We have clearly been the better team overall in recent memory but in terms of pedigree, trophies and legacy they are one of the biggest teams in the country if not Europe.
Liverpool is a city of less than half a million, and they are the second team in it.
Get your head out of the arsehole of history, have a look around and smell the roses

Well people shouldn't get pissed off so easily. All we LFC fans did was try to talk about the game in a reasonable manner yet get attacked with comments which are pretty much outdated.
I think its nice and refreshing to hear other teams views and comments from time to time.
Maybe so, but this is a Spurs forum for Spurs fans. If I logged into a Liverpool forum I wouldn't expect to be welcomed with open arms to have a civilised chat about the football.

We are on a similar level to Villa? What the fuck is going on with this place
:deledoubt:
As Joe Clash Joe Clash says, it depends how you define it. I tend to define it by core support and trophies won over the years.

If done by spending power, recent success etc then obviously you'd have to put Man City and Chelsea above us. But if you look at Wembley, when Chelsea play there they won't get as many fans as us. Loads more people around the world "support" them but they have less fans that go to games than we do, despite their success.

Villa I'd say have a similar sized core support to us. If we were in their position we'd probably be getting a similar attendance (slightly less than 30,000 on average). And similar success historically speaking.

As Joe Clash Joe Clash says, it depends how you define it. I tend to define it by core support and trophies won over the years.

If done by spending power, recent success etc then obviously you'd have to put Man City and Chelsea above us. But if you look at Wembley, when Chelsea play there they won't get as many fans as us. Loads more people around the world "support" them but they have less fans that go to games than we do, despite their success.

Villa I'd say have a similar sized core support to us. If we were in their position we'd probably be getting a similar attendance (slightly less than 30,000 on average). And similar success historically speaking.
I'd definitely put Chelsea and Man City above us, and Man U. None of these other joke outfits you're mentioning. We are about on a level with Woolwich and Liverpool right now, but our trajectory is up, their's is down.
Villa! Have a word with yourself

Back
Top Bottom