TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I came on here thinking I could exchange views in a friendly manner. Is there something wrong with that ?

And you can. The trick is to avoid (ignore) the cunt-off posts. As a Liverpool fan you will see a lot of them.

Liverpool is just so fucking annoying to us, and I would guess most other fans, because they are extremely overrated by the media, both in terms of status and quality.

Ahead of the recent Lpool vs MU fixture there was a week of massive attention from the media in Norway, with talks of the biggest game of the year! Bloody United vs Liverpool. Last season's fifth vs fourth. Last 8 seasons for Liverpool: Two times top four, avg. position 6th. Last four seasons for United: avg position 5.5th. That's the biggest game of the year? We've already, prior to that game, had a London derby featuring last season's winners vs runners up! Fuck off, media!

And one of the reasons we detest Liverpool fans, is that many of the most vocal ones are like the media: Insisting on their greatness, insisting that any tournament needs Liverpool, insisting that they deserve the attention, believing that they can buy any player they want.

However, there are some decent fans as well. Humble, realistic fans, knowledgeable, who can admit that they aren't what they used to be. If you are that fan, you can probably find a good discussion here.

Must admit, worried about this one. We need another mammoth performance, coming days after a tough game away in Madrid and being at Wembley too.

Klopps Liverpool seem to be the Kryptonite to Pochettinos Supermen. I think we have a team capable of beating them of course and Mane and Lallana missing out is a big bonus, I think Salah is containable. Firminos press is something we need to get through but I think our attack will create chances and cause them just as many problems.

Should be one hell of a game though.

The problem with all scousers is they have a double chip on each shoulder, all of 'em have no concept of responsibility, just blame everyone else .... remember it was Liverpool fans who killed 39 people at Heysel and got us banned from Europe.... yet we don't see that getting the same endless focus feckin' H'boroug does .... we can't stand anymore due to these feckwits ...

Been to Anfield many times .... massively overrated and now looks like a ridiculous meccano set .... the ground, the team, and the fans are all out off the last century ... feckin' detest 'em all .... never met one who doesn't believe that a team that's achieved bugger all in the last 25 years is not the biggest club in the World ... stupid arrogant tossers .... hope we smash 'em

I think I've mentioned this before on here, but I used to work with a bloke (a very old school, intelligent man by all accounts) who had to live in Liverpool for 3 years due to work back in the 80's. He told me it was the worst time of his life, the place was a god awful shit-hole and the people were borderline insane. Personally I can comment, I've never visited the area other than Southport.

I came on here thinking I could exchange views in a friendly manner. Is there something wrong with that ?
Trouble is it doesn't stay friendly, especially online. I'm quite capable of having a face-to-face conversation with other supporters but come on here to discuss everything Spurs with like minded people, ie totally biased towards us! So I see other supporters as unwanted gate crashers ...... and I'm the voice of reason of this forum.

And you can. The trick is to avoid (ignore) the cunt-off posts. As a Liverpool fan you will see a lot of them.

Liverpool is just so fucking annoying to us, and I would guess most other fans, because they are extremely overrated by the media, both in terms of status and quality.

Ahead of the recent Lpool vs MU fixture there was a week of massive attention from the media in Norway, with talks of the biggest game of the year! Bloody United vs Liverpool. Last season's fifth vs fourth. Last 8 seasons for Liverpool: Two times top four, avg. position 6th. Last four seasons for United: avg position 5.5th. That's the biggest game of the year? We've already, prior to that game, had a London derby featuring last season's winners vs runners up! Fuck off, media!

And one of the reasons we detest Liverpool fans, is that many of the most vocal ones are like the media: Insisting on their greatness, insisting that any tournament needs Liverpool, insisting that they deserve the attention, believing that they can buy any player they want.

However, there are some decent fans as well. Humble, realistic fans, knowledgeable, who can admit that they aren't what they used to be. If you are that fan, you can probably find a good discussion here.

We as fans can't help it if the media overhypes us every year. I think most would agree that we don't need the hype as it puts pressure on us. No Liverpool fan says next year will be our year.
I respect Tottenham and think it will be a hard game. Won't be an easy game for either of us. Should be a cracking game though! :)

Hoping Dembele will be back and Danny can handle 90 mins think against the like of Coutinho and Salah we need pace. I don't think this is the game for trips or Davies. Wembley might actually help us. The bigger pitch will make it harder for them to strangle press us which they managed quite successfully in both games last season

It's funny, I keep finding myself saying

"this is the big one, this will kick-start our season and show our intent"

But in truth, when you're pushing for the title every game is a big one, we can't afford to slip-up as someone else will be waiting in the wings to leapfrog us. What I do know, watching the RM game, gave me a feeling i've not experienced in several years. I was on edge, concerned, hopeful we could just contain them, all of a sudden I realised I no longer feel this on a weekly basis, I go into every game confident until the final whistle, rarely panicking, more enjoying the spectacle... How times have changed, I didn't notice the shift, it's been a gradual thing over the last three seasons but we've come a very long way.

[formation=4411, Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Jan, Rose, Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Eriksen, Ali, Kane][/formation]

Sub:
- Vorm
- Trippier
- Sanchez
- Davies
- Dembele
- Son
- Llorente

We (Liverpool) seem to have the newbie jeebies over Spurs so Sundays game should be interesting. On thing I can't understand is why the hatred for people you have never met. Nobody loves the game more than me but I don't hate anybody because they are Spurs Woolwich Chelsea etc supporters.

If you dont understand tribalism, then you don't understand the fundamental basis of football support.

I know that it's a free country, but I just never understand why people go on other fans' forums, unless it's to wind up the membership. Personally I couldn't give a rat's bottom what other supporters think of our team.

I would say for 95% of them it is thinly veiled trolling.

The ones that do come and are genuinely interested in engaging you can tell their sincerity a mile off and i think they get a better reception from most.

Was never gonna go well for a dipper.

Any word on Dembele, he travelled to Madrid but didn't make the bench. OS just says 'monitoring daily' strange one. Also, presumably Ben Davies has recovered? Big Vic and Lamela back in a couple of weeks and we're in great shape!!

Any word on Dembele, he travelled to Madrid but didn't make the bench. OS just says 'monitoring daily' strange one. Also, presumably Ben Davies has recovered? Big Vic and Lamela back in a couple of weeks and we're in great shape!!
He apparently re-injured himself in training in Madrid.

It's a frustrating situation. Genius when healthy but it seems like his own words are coming true that he will never 100% again.

Listen mate, during the Tottenham riots not one hubcap went missing
Stole a bag of Tescos value Basmati rice though
BcmsQokIEAAlAdl.png

Carragher & Skrtl retired and our goals dried up. : P

I'd prefer to rewind a little further

28 Nov 2010 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 2-1 Premier League
15 May 2011 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Premier League
18 Sep 2011 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 4-0 Premier League
06 Feb 2012 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur D 0-0 Premier League
28 Nov 2012 Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 2-1 Premier League

(We just haven't actually played well against them since... Best 'performance' I remember was when we were winning 2-1 at theirs a few years back and KW & Bentaleb gifted them 2 late howlers and we left with nothing.)

Yikes!!! ....We haven't beaten them since!
Yeah, pretty much. Since then the results have been 3-2, 5-0, 4-0, 3-0, 3-2, 0-0, 1-1, 1-1 and 2-0. And in every game, Liverpool was the better team by far.

Back
Top Bottom