TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see the likely midfield to start this weekend for Spurs is Winks and Dier. There is no way that midfield will be competitive against Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can unless you sit back and let us have the ball. Those two is lightyears behind Matic and Herrera, and we completely dominated those two last weekend.
I also highly doubt Winks and Dier can man mark Couthino as effectively as the United pair did last weekend. I personally think Wanyama and Dembele will be a massive loss for you guys. Funny that none of you sees this as a concern?

I see the likely midfield to start this weekend for Spurs is Winks and Dier. There is no way that midfield will be competitive against Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can unless you sit back and let us have the ball. Those two is lightyears behind Matic and Herrera, and we completely dominated those two last weekend.
I also highly doubt Winks and Dier can man mark Couthino as effectively as the United pair did last weekend. I personally think Wanyama and Dembele will be a massive loss for you guys. Funny that none of you sees this as a concern?
The same Winks and Dier that just dealt comfortably with Real Madrid?

The same Dembele and Wanyama that has been out all season pretty much?
Do some research......and while your at it, do some on your own squad....Henderson is fucking shit

Don't worry about Winks and Coutinho....should be thinking about Sanchez, Toby and Jan at the back....

Minimal spending and decent management and they could challenge for the league. They just need two decent defenders and to replace Jordan Henderson and the job is 90% complete. But season after season they do the same thing and pretend that last season's horrible defence will be excellent this year, and flush money down the drain on injury played attackers that are never fit.
They need a decent forward. Can't hit a barn door at the moment (Tues it all came together )dispite that -crap in front of goal. Loosing games because missing chances, they create loads?

Henderson?

tenor.gif

My first thoughts was a draw?....not now

Liverpool will bring it on. We need to control this, play our game and take it to them. Liverpool are very good at the counter and do create chances. We mustn't get caught with the sucker punch. Whatever team/ formation Poch plays, we should cope with them because we are simply the better side. IF we get it tactically right, take our chances and dare I say it, no errors, we will win this. It will be tight 1 nil Spurs.
COYS...

If there was a limit for the amount of comedy in one post, you would be well over it.

If there was a limit for the amount of comedy in one post, you would be well over it.

Minimal spending and decent management and they could challenge for the league. They just need two decent defenders and to replace Jordan Henderson and the job is 90% complete. But season after season they do the same thing and pretend that last season's horrible defence will be excellent this year, and flush money down the drain on injury played attackers that are never fit.
I disagree.

Their problems go WAY beyond the wrong players. It's the lack of a system. I don't see that getting Van Djyk and another defender will make the defence good enough. It's how they don't defend as a Midfield in front of them where the problem starts. Klopp just doesn't know how to get a team to play a system to defend when needs be.

The lack of a system is their weakness. And the use of a system is our strength. It meant we went to Real Madrid with a makeshift MF, makeshift defence, and a brand new attack. Players from the Academy like Winks can slot in because they have the right attitude and know the system. KWP played a blinder at FB first match of the season. It's odds on that Ollie Skipp will get his chance in MF next season in a LC game. Bennetts may well get the chance at LWB next year or 2. They love CCV at Sheff Utd. Ditto Josh at Villa.

I'm not bothered about them getting bigger and better players in. Some of the defenders theyve got were good elsewhere, but playing for Klopp they've turned into Turkeys. VVD would too. I'm glad that he thinks he doesnt have a problem at GK though, that would be easy (but expensive) to fix. He'd save more than SM or the other clown, but it wouldnt reduce the amount of shots he'd have to face.

We had a klopp type manager who couldnt set up a defence, and it ended very badly with a terrible loss at Notts County, and Ossie being given the order of the boot. Klopp has already had results every bit as bad - Wolves and Plymouth at home anyone?

This season in the PL, I reckon theyve had just one match where they've put together a good performance AND got the win - Goons at home. Whinger's spineless Goons who got tanked by mighty Watford the other day.

Sure, they can pull a good performance out of the hat. They'll possibly turn up against us tomorrow. But even if they put in a worldie and beat us, it doesnt prove anything we dont know. On their day, they can be great. But they dont have those days very often.

Of course missing Dembele and Wanyama is a loss for us but unlike your lot we don’t play the victim and just get the fuck on with it. Back to RAWK you go...:dembelefingers:

The same Winks and Dier that just dealt comfortably with Real Madrid?

The same Dembele and Wanyama that has been out all season pretty much?
Do some research......and while your at it, do some on your own squad....Henderson is fucking shit

Don't worry about Winks and Coutinho....should be thinking about Sanchez, Toby and Jan at the back....
Philippe Coutinho is key for them, we need to contain him (has been scoring). Henderson was rested midweeek so will be up for this. We mustn't under estimate them. They were better than Utd and should have beaten em. We are a decent side and should cope with this mis firing, not sure of a game plan Liverpool team. Alli may be our hero tomorrow, just feeling it .

Those two is lightyears behind Matic and Herrera, and we completely dominated those two last weekend.

It’s ‘those two are’ and yet for all that midfield domination you scored precisely zero goals. Teams know that if they let those jokers have the ball you’ll do nothing with it. And Horrenderson? Don’t make me laugh,

Last edited:
That cunt has just provided the perfect example of my point about their delusions knowing no bounds.

They actually think Jordan Horrendouson is a good player.

Just waiting for one of the thick cunts (plenty of choice) to correct you on the spelling of Henderson

:pochrolleyes:

When they lose these impertinent visitors cluttering our boards would melt away as if they never existed, just like others before them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom