TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's all the sweeter for me because I hate Liverpool more than any other side. Yes, West Ham, Chelsea, and even Woolwich. I hate that stupid song they sing, I hate the fact that football pundits refer to their special atmosphere, when in actual fact it is one of the quatist grounds I have been to, I hate the fact that most of the supporters have southern accents, I hate the fact they live in the eighties, and I hate the fact they all think the only disaster to hit the planet is Hillsborough, and their supporters had nothing to answer for at all. Well Scousers you got your arses well and truly whipped by a side that cost a fraction of the price !!
My Dad played semi-pro and my Uncle played pro. They both supported the same team growing up (Blackpool) but decided to switch teams because it was boring having yourself and your brother supporting the same team. My Dad picked Man City and my Uncle, Liverpool. As a Spurs fan, it has been hilarious watching them go at each other.

What a fucking night! Poch proving he has learnt from past mistakes, I think last season we would have lost this, so such an important result, I honelsty think today our season has started, fucking hell even the atmosphere at Wembley was decent!
I just love being a yid! 30 years of hurt is all worth it this! If I'm dreaming please don't wake me just yet!:pochhail:

Maybe reading too much into this, but look at Rose, looks like nobody cares about him, he seems gone already.

Thought the same. On his phone out of shot at the beginning, then on the end of the huddle. Like you said though, could just be reading into it.

Fuck your hoodoo, shove your hoodoo up Henderson like Sissoko did. We are on track again, with an even better away record than we have ever had. Up the Spurs.

Jzf82Rw.jpg

Just a quick one because i'm bolloxed.

Thought Poch got it spot on again today. Pace in behind fucked tham. Alli playing from deep put in the best shift i've seen from him for a while.

I hope today shows Poch that he would be fine when playing Dier/Winks/Bic Vic as a DM he would be perfectly fine playing Dele or Eriksen back there with them so we can have an extra attacker on the field.

So our Wembley record currently reads:

W4
D2
L1

Hardly anything to cry about the hoodoo/curse was/is a load of bollox and we needed to adjust our game to suit the teams who set up defensively. I said earlier in the thread the Dippers wouldn’t play deep and it would allow us the counter attack them at will.

WHAT. A. PERFORMANCE!

I'm going to start with Tripp's, those that have been in here long enough know that I don't rate him, but today this was his best ever performance for us. He actually made some tackles without fouling the oppo, he ran his legs off, on the ball played with confidence allowing him to pass out of a press, even tried to take on a player that nearly came off for him, best of all he wasn't lumping cross after cross after cross after cross, he was looking for a very early ball down the channels for Son/Dele/Eriksen/Kane to run onto, but he was also then supporting that ball. Well done young man.

Dele was another to run his nuts off, he covered every blade of grass in the final third on both flanks and through the middle, great goal too.

Winks = Baller, another that covered the ground today and all without a DM next to him, one of our own held his own, AGIAN!

All the back 5 were great YET AGAIN, Jan and Davison impressing too. Toby has been off recently (still brilliant, just 5% off) not today 100%.

Son is perfection when running flat-out at the oppo, they literally shat them selves today, if that effort that hit the bar what a gaol that would have been too.

Llrois - That save in the 2nd half was the greatest save I think I have ever seen and I'm not blowing smoke up anyone arse, it's very rare to see 80 thousand people jump to their feet following a save. Trust me, when Hugo is invited back to The Lane in 60yrs time that will be on the big screens.

Eriksen - tough guy today, really put it about, making tackles and getting his body in front of all the dippers, winning headers too.

Kane - That man ran, ran and ran some more today. How the hell days he score is first? right foot, left foot goal, all fighting to stay on balance and get the ball out from his feet - Genius.

We did this today without Rose, Davies, Wanyama, Lamela, Dembele and Dier!! Will we have to sit through another tedious transfer window listening to absolute wankers crying about this squad not being deep enough, what a bunch of fucking no nothing micro dicks.

Last word saved for the genius Poch. There simply isn't a better manger in the league. The variation to our play is incredible. Imagine if you are the cheque book manager Pep Guano, he knows that on our day we can play just like citeh, he knows because we've done it to him before, spanked him. He know knows we can play with a back 5 and score 4 against a side they had to wait until they went down to 10 men before they had their 2nd shot. He knows his side only has ONE way of playing, anyone who thinks they can 2nd guess Poch is a lier. LOVE THIS MAN.

Up the Spurs!

What the fuck was Poch thinking with that line up? It’s almost like the bloke knows exactly what he’s doing.
Absolutely took those bin dipping twats to the cleaners today.

Back in your boxes Scousers.
Maybe next year is your year...

Think I'm going to grill a steak tonight, and enjoy a nice fat glass of cab... actually make that Argentinian Malbec, in honor of our brilliant coach. HE'S MAGIC YOU KNOWWWW!!!....

Don't know if any of you heard the start of the commentary of radio 5 with Dean Saunders commenting on the formations and how Spurs had a back 3 marking only Firmino and that would allow Liverpool to boss the midfield

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Anyway, by the time I had driven home we were 2-0 up and he wasn't commenting on formations anymore!!

Lads let’s not get too excited we only stuffed another of those mid-table nothing sides.

Guessing a 7-0 record CL win against the part timers of Maribor isn’t a confidence builder then.:pochlol:

I cannot wait until we play Utd next weekend, Mourinho will play a containing game at Old Trafford no less, imagine the up roar that is going to cause.

Back
Top Bottom