Tottenham fans are the most satisfied with their current squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly this is going to be a bit biased but I think we are just happier and fairer people than other fans in the league, only team that are actually a good side that (the majority) have patience and trust in the team. I actually think Everton are the only team who comes anywhere near us in that regard.

Honestly this is going to be a bit biased but I think we are just happier and fairer people than other fans in the league, only team that are actually a good side that (the majority) have patience and trust in the team. I actually think Everton are the only team who comes anywhere near us in that regard.
You don't come here after we lose games right?

The players who stood out
The highest approval rating for any position at any club was the 98.5% who expressed satisfaction with the goalkeeping strength at Manchester United.

A number of positions at other clubs came close, for instance 96% of Manchester City fans were happy with the left midfield position. At Watford, 97.3% of fans were happy with the left-hand side of the three centre-backs in their 3-5-2 formation. No other outfield position was rated so highly.

Like to know the % who aren't happy with our goalkeeping strength.

Never thought I would see us top of that list! In all seriousness though, there isn't much to moan about. Definitely the most complete starting 11 we have had in all my years supporting Spurs. It would be very tough to get an upgrade at any position, especially considering we aren't in a position to drop 50m + on a player

If everyone is happy having the 6th best squad in the prem, then by all means be happy. Personally I would rather have the best

6th best? I don't see that at all. Personally feel our starting 11 is as good as anyones. We may not have the depth of Citeh and Chelski but then again we don't have monopoly money to throw around at squad players.

If everyone is happy having the 6th best squad in the prem, then by all means be happy. Personally I would rather have the best
Jesus, you're a bundle of laughs this afternoon ain't ya?

Or do you mean you're unhappy at your team still relying on Koscielny to score your goals 'cos Giroud forgot how to?

Only teasing... I know you're not a Gooner... a Chelsea/Man Utd/City fan, perhaps....???

We aren't a demanding bunch. Who here expects & demands a trophy? Very few.
We don't attract glory supporters for obvious reasons. So that probably has a lot to do with it.

I'd agree city, utd, chelsea & arsenals are better.
But I'd say its close between us & liverpool.
They have a better attack & we have a better defence.

Just breaking down starting 11's against Citeh. Who I think has the best squad, I still think I would prefer our starting 11

Lloris v Bravo Spurs
Walker v Sagna Spurs
Rose v Kolarov Spurs
Alderweireld v Stones Spurs
Kompany v Vertonghen Citeh
Fernandihno v Dier Spurs
Silva v Eriksen Citeh
De Bruyne v Dembele Citeh
Sterling v Lamela Spurs
Nolito v Alli Citeh
Kane v Aguero Push

Impossible to take out bias but even in instances I gave Citeh the edge it's negligible

Just breaking down starting 11's against Citeh. Who I think has the best squad, I still think I would prefer our starting 11

Lloris v Bravo Spurs
Walker v Sagna Spurs
Rose v Kolarov Spurs
Alderweireld v Stones Spurs
Kompany v Vertonghen Citeh
Fernandihno v Dier Spurs
Silva v Eriksen Citeh
De Bruyne v Dembele Citeh
Sterling v Lamela Spurs
Nolito v Alli Citeh
Kane v Aguero Push

Impossible to take out bias but even in instances I gave Citeh the edge it's negligible

Would City play that XI against teams like ourselves though? Seems far too open.

Problem of this survey is that it's not as simple as they put it. For example, I think all positions have very good starters and more or less quality backups, but sometimes you have to look at the player types as well. What I personally miss at our squad is a creative backup for Lamela and Eriksen. Currently, we can just replace them with Son, Nkoudou or Sissoko who aren't exactly creative. They all have quality (currently at least Son and Sissoko, as for Nkoudou we have to see) but they aren't 1to1 backups in terms of player type. That's why I would have liked to see sbd like Bernardo Silva or so in the team to give creative cover for Lamela/Eriksen.
So generally spoken, I'm very happy with the squad and I don't think there's an empty spot left but at least one of the empty spots of before the window weren't filled as I'd have liked it.

Back
Top Bottom