Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mildly excited about this one. Also looking forward to not spending ages travelling, my nearest game this season.

Interesting to see what the tactics will be. Let them have the ball and counter attack? Press? Attack ourselves?

Fuck that, I want to beat Dortmund, finish top of group, and STILL face one of the big boys.

Every draw, I want the toughest possible opponent that the draw allows for.

Interesting point of view and makes me wonder: would we as fans prefer:
a) a fairly straightforward and easier route to the final and a trophy
or
b) a blaze of glory exit against PSG (or similar) in a 5-4 loss over two legs both of which are better games than the RM @ Wembley win?

Tough choice? Or no? Love to hear your thoughts

Interesting point of view and makes me wonder: would we as fans prefer:
a) a fairly straightforward and easier route to the final and a trophy
or
b) a blaze of glory exit against PSG (or similar) in a 5-4 loss over two legs both of which are better games than the RM @ Wembley win?

Tough choice? Or no? Love to hear your thoughts
Obviously win it. There are no easy games in the CL anyway. We would have to beat some (more) exceptional sides to win it. But there is also an argument we do better when we're the underdog.

- Lloris -
- Dier Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Trippier Winks Dembele Rose -
- Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -
We need a cool head at right back her, Aurier could cost us with the amount of times he gives possession away.

I’m excited but nervous for this. They will be up for it just as much as we are. The fact I’m on an all-dayer with 3 Woolwich fans doesn’t help either.

Turn up like like we have against Liverpool, Madrid and Dortmund then they won’t be able to handle us. Turn up like we did against United and Palace then we could cause ourselves issues.

Aldeweireld, Vorm and Lamela still ruled out and Dier is probably knackered.

-------------------Lloris

Aurier----Sanchez----Verts----Rose

------------Winks----Dembele
Sissoko---------------------------Eriksen
-----------------Dele

------------------Kane

Sub: Gazza, Trippier, Davies, Foyth, Dier, Son, Llorente.

Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Vertonghen
Trippier - Dembele - Winks - Dele - Davies
Eriksen
Kane
Should be the team. Davies hasn't really deserved to lose his place and I don't think Rose has done anything in particular for him to have won his place back. Trippier back in after Auriers disappointing showing against Palace. Dembele back in if fit. Dele, Winks and Kane will all be fit and fine I'm sure.

- Lloris -
- Dier Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Trippier Winks Dembele Rose -
- Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -
We need a cool head at right back her, Aurier could cost us with the amount of times he gives possession away.

I’m excited but nervous for this. They will be up for it just as much as we are. The fact I’m on an all-dayer with 3 Woolwich fans doesn’t help either.

Turn up like like we have against Liverpool, Madrid and Dortmund then they won’t be able to handle us. Turn up like we did against United and Palace then we could cause ourselves issues.
I agree with this except Davies in for Rose as Ben has been one of our best players this season and Rose still doesn't look 100% fit

Back
Top Bottom