Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi Dan, thanks for the info! Could you please tell us a little about Vlad's:
  • Tackling
  • Heading
  • Disciplinary record (yellow/red cards)
Cheers!
Vlad have a very good tackling,positioning,bravery,strenghts,stamina,pace,technical skills ,he knew that mean a proper dribbling,sometime during the game,when "he's on fire" going in oponent team area in speed dribbling (like Maradona,in the past) it's need that defensive midfielder of Tottenham ,to take care of his position (central defender ,covering his action well,for ex. at Steaua ,captain of the team Alex Bourceanu take care of his position temporarely,in that moment of the game when Chiriches going berserk ,in dribbling threatening midfielders,or defenders of oponent team... his weak skills ,partial,is aerial ability,heading,and that's a little concern if we speak here about the "homefield league" full in every match with corners or free-kicks...he is no that type of defender to be aggresive and taking red cards or yellow cards with many...just 5-6 yellow cards during the season,for Steaua he don't receive red card in a 1,5 years ,time which him played here...
I hope that Spurs fans to help him to take settling there ,and in 2-3 weeks period of time, he will be a great asset for Spurs...good luck,Vlad!

sorry Spurs fans,for my rusty english,not a native speaker,
Dan,Romania (Steaua fan)
SUCCESS for the Spurs,for tomorrow match Woolwich-Tottenham !

Last edited:
Hello ,spurs fans ,i'm Steaua fan ,also of Vlad Chiriches...i'm from Romania.
his name sound like KI-RI-KESH OR on short "KI-RI-$"(cash money)
Today ,Piturca,Romania national team manager,said: that Chiriches is the new captain of the national team ,Romania will play on 6th september ,home, vs.Hungary ...so, Vlad his first game like captain.
1) David Luiz type of player...same position in the field (central defender-left) ,not left-back
2) If AVB will not be pleased during the game about his strikers,is just need a sign coming from AVB ,and Chiriches advance in the middle zone of the field,scarying his enemies,in dribbling and speed,or more , will advance close to penalty area of the oponent team trying to score!!!

Free to ask me about more infos about the Vlad Chiriches
Dan,Romania
COYS!

we'll leave that to Pleaty..
david_pleat_140byline_Wcup.jpg

"Great defending from the young roman Cheese Quiche"

Goodbye sweet prince, you will be missed Dan D Dan D
no! goodbye,Chiriches ,good luck for your future endeavours! not me! since 1994 Spurs fan...a lot of new stories to be told further Spurs shirt never changed ,i'm not here for a player ,man, i'm here for Spurs ...21 years supporting Spurs...i hope i catch 50 at least ,if God allow me to live more on this Earth...:adesalute:

Hey guys! I'm from Romania.
Not a big Steaua fan, but I follow Romanian&EU football closely
I have to say that I'm very happy Vlad joined your team, it would have been very sad to see him join Liverpool or some other crappy team.
He really is a David Luiz type of player, but imho Vlad is better.
He has great pace, anticipation, positioning and tehnique. The only real problem with him is his heading ability, but he usually compensates by having awesome positioning. Tackling is world-class, he is Nesta good in that department. That enables him to rarely be booked, and knowing PL is much more phisical than the romanian league, I can't see him being booked more than 4-5 times in a season.

I'm Steaua fan,and i writte here what media press say here ,in Romania, i translate for Spurs fans,to knowing him well,even him don't playing yet for Tottenham ,he represent the present and the future of romanian football ( captain of the national team,having 23 years old,probably will help maybe 10 years our national team),and he's spectacular type of player,not boring one,for sure,i seen him my eyes playing,i know what i'm talking about... :)
YOU don't know yet ,but Tottenham have now 7 millions new admirers in Romania (Steaua fans),because you buyed him... and Tottenham matches in PL will be here every week when the Spurs play their games...soon

Hello everyone,

A small introduction..
I've been following this forum for while (since Vlad joined Tottenham, to be more precise), but I only decided to register now. I am a fan of Steaua and Vlad was one of my favorite players at the club. I was very curios about how quickly he would integrate into the Spurs team, so I started watching your games. After a few weeks or so I realized that I was checking the match schedules very often to see when I could see the Spurs in action again. :) I grew somewhat fond of the Spurs players and even though I wasn't a Spurs fan before, I've started supporting your team.

Now, to get to the point..
I think that delaying the operation so that he may catch 45-90 minutes against Greece is not a good solution. Even with a mask, if he will receive a hit in the face his injury may become even more serious.. That may mean a longer rest period and less games played for Spurs. Also, he may need some adjustment time with the mask and will definitely not play at full capacity if the coach decides to use him.
I'd rather rest him for the double with Greece and have confidence that Florin Gardos (Steaua) and Dorin Goian (ex Rangers) will do a good job.

Off topic:
I hope our coach will start Pantilimon (Man City) as a keeper and not Lobont (Roma) in the games against Greece.

Cheers!

FINAL result today ,Romania-Hungary 3-0 (2-0)
1-0: Ciprian Marica min.2 (free player,striker,still without team)
2-0: Mihai Pintilii min.30 (Steaua defensive midfielder player)
3-0: Cristian Tanase min 87 (Steaua playmaker,or AML)

Vlad Chiriches (no.6 on t-shirt) same number for Tottenham,played all the game like RCB (very well,good tacklings,no mistakes) first time like captain (20 caps until now),some good interventions,was one chance for hungarians, dangerous in the second half,he manage well,eliminate the threat with style,the rest of the game ,Romania to much superior than hungarians ,they just made troubles today in the downtown of Bucharest.
Next game ,tuesday,10t september, Romania - Turkey ,a hard game ,just thinking that turks having a star -Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid,very good playmaker...

let me allow to open some beers.
Cheers,spurs!
:dwi::dwi::dwi::avblol: --- this is the face of AVB after he watched Chiriches playing tonight...

Last edited:
Fulham - Tottenham 1-2 (0-0)
1-0: Dejagah (56)
1-1: Vlad Iulian Chiriches (73)
1-2: Lewis Holtby (82)

Vlad face : Get some !!! :D
fwuo.jpg

After a good first half 0-0,when Lamela was close to score,he had some chances to made that,the finishing of our players was the problem, i stayed confident too for the second half...
The second half started not good for our side,Fulham make pressure and our defense concede a goal,after a wrong pass of Dawson to Paulinho, Fulham won the ball ,then a quick pass to Dejagah,this player scoring,i say,with a bad positioning of Chiriches who was a little guilty at this goal conceded,letting some space for Dejagah,anyway ,was a mistake in a row (Dawson-Paulinho-Chiriches).,1-0 for the hosts and some black clouds come and start to rain upon my head...thinking at the reactions after this goal conceded by the Spurs...
Then come the providence,that corner kick(min.73) when Chiriches fixing his part of mistake,scoring suddenly, "impaling" Fulham defence with that huge "missile" shot (left foot),Defoe had the inspiration,to jump over the ball,who hit the post then get in the net...watching the match in the livingroom on my PC (on ukrainian stream ,even their commentator was excited at the goal,he pronounce very well his name-"Kee-ree-kesh",not like others :) )...going in the bedroom to awake my father to come to watch the goal on a replay ...:) he jumped 2 meters high from his bed...(he was almost asleep ,being late in the night,here +2 hours more than London Time...)
"Santa Holtby" scoring the second goal after another wonderful shot after a personal action, ,making 2-1,quite unexpectedly,thinking that Fulham played more better than Man.Utd on W.H.L. 3 days ago...
We won,3 POINTS EARNED, but we have now problems ,Jan Vertonghen,getting injury ,and we don't known yet how much he will stay out...i hope just some days...
my ratings:
-------------------------------Lloris (8)
Walker (7)---Dawson (7)-----Chiriches (7,5)-----Vertonghen (7)
-----------------Capoue (7)-----Sandro (7)
--Lennon (7)-----------Paulinho (7)-----------Lamela (7)
------------------------------Defoe (7)
subs: Holtby (7,5) min.46 for Capoue
Chadli (7) min 69 for Sandro
Townsend min.79 for Lamela

i choosed Lloris being the "Spurs player of the match ,with Chiriches and Holtby near him,they contribute with 2 wonderful goals,same "quality" goals like Sandro's goal vs Man Utd ...3 days ago..

Vlad Chiriches's goal min 73

Last edited:
I like Tottenham because in every week ,in every game,make me wonder "how we will play today ?" spursy? or the same spursy again? today we will dance in a wedding party?, with booze ,hot girls and being "high"? or we will cry like being to a funeral,where someone dear for us left us too early (soon)...
Swansea-Tottenham 1-3 ,yeaaah !!! let's partyyyyyy !!! put your hands in the air! and scream like you just don't care!!!
next game,Tottenham - Man.City 1-5 fuck that shit! kill the referee quick, at once!!! or squeeze and put his tits under electric shock!.... MotherF...r!"
I like Tottenham because always it's a challenge in every week ,far away about Barca Fans (for ex) where in every week they won 3-0 ,4-1 ,5-0 etc ,just imagine their fans saying: "we won again this week! MESSI scored again TWICE,no surprise with that shit!, big deal ,what the fuck,i'm bothered..."

Last edited:
Dan D, please don't leave if Vlad is sold (like many burger-munchers did when Dempsey was booted) - you're a good poster
I don't leave anywhere!
MAN,I SAID MANY TIMES that Spurs are my favorite team from Premier League,I’m 37 years old man,watching Spurs matches (many,not all of course ,depend on my free time ) since 1994 !!! (yes “the connection” was made by Ilie Dumitrescu and Gheorghe Popescu,big names in romanian football at the time) …just remembered in 1994 wasn’t internet here or PC ,stream net wasn’t invented in 1994 ,when the english first league results I find them in the next day,buying the sport tabloid from here to stay at a table and a coffee time,reading anxious(Gazeta Sporturilor) to find what the Ilie and Popescu does a day before in the english league with Spurs,that was “my connection” with Spurs ,from the distance ,many matches wasn’t on TV at the time here from England ,just read on sport tabloids, the highlights of the Spurs match (Klinsmann,Teddy Sheringham,Dumitrescu,Popescu stars at that time ,manager Osvaldo Ardilles),unfortunately they stayed on WHL just 1 year,same think like many players ,english football is hard and many leave the league even after 1 year ,unsettled…time passing since then, and in “internet” era everything is more easy now…

It is known that romanian players are grown in another style to play ,continental football ,keeping the ball many time at the feet ,dribbling, THE BALL DOWN AT THE FEET,one-twos,aerial duels are absent many time of the game here,sometime in slow tempo ,possession,and english style ,”kick and run” and all the match in speed ,is hard to adapt if you are not power in fitness and stamina…

I thought,1 year ago, Vlad Chiriches will have a chance to do more than previous romanian players,but I feel that he is now on the dead road,and that because Spurs changed 3 managers in just 1 year, AVB transferred him and he play many matches under AVB command with Dawson as CB (15 matches in a row in Premier League,most of the matches he played well and very well) but after Tim Sherwood “mini reign” everything is changed,now looks like he’s not a favorite player of Pochettino,he have another strategy,and Vlad is considered a second option ,a reserve, he lost the morale and was unhappy at that match with Besiktas,made a bad match,I think for his own good to leave the team and find another team to play more…at his age 24 ,plenty of time to grow like player…even for me was a surprise when he move in Premier League,a competition where romanian players don’t adapt well ,many play more well in Italy and Spain –happy destinations in the past with more success, achievements.

Dan Petrescu,the exception from this rule= (Chelsea ,1995-2000, was the only romanian player who was a success playing in England ,he stayed 5 years in a row ,being even now a great name to be remembered by Chelsea fans)

Cristian Chivu – Inter Milano (2007-2012) champion of Europe in 2010 ,and in Italy 5 years in a row as starter in the first 11 of Inter.
Gheorghe Hagi (Real Madrid) and Popescu (Barcelona)
Raducioiu – AC Milan all in the 90’s etc
Adrian Mutu was a failure in England (Chelsea 2003),he moved then after a scandal (cocaine) in Italy (for Fiorentina and here was a true name in italian league,becoming a star for Fiorentina,playing there 5 seasons in a row with success and many many goals ,like striker in Serie A.

for me a happy destination for a romanian player,one who is talented ,not anyone, is Italy
Looks like AS Roma is interested in Chiriches in the present ,i hope he will find his "karma" there and to be like Chivu,at least...

Last edited:
He looks like just what we needed.

A big ugly nasty Eastern European we never had fuck all growing up shit in your uncles skoda I don't smile for no vone that ball is mine I don't do post match chit chat my mother is cooking goulash and boiled onions

Back
Top Bottom