Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bulgarians and Romanians gained the right to visa-free travel to the UK in 2007, when their countries joined the EU. But there were temporary restrictions on the kind of jobs they could take. Employers had to apply for work permits and migrants for an "accession worker card". Low-skilled workers were restricted to existing quota schemes in the agricultural and food processing sectors. These restrictions will be dropped on 1 January. Bulgarians and Romanians will also be entitled to claim the same benefits and NHS care as other EU citizens.

Saw this on facebook, i take no credit
1236940_10201805223117371_88784965_n.jpg

Hello ,spurs fans ,i'm Steaua fan ,also of Vlad Chiriches...i'm from Romania.
his name sound like KI-RI-KESH OR on short "KI-RI-$"(cash money)
Today ,Piturca,Romania national team manager,said: that Chiriches is the new captain of the national team ,Romania will play on 6th september ,home, vs.Hungary ...so, Vlad his first game like captain.
1) David Luiz type of player...same position in the field (central defender-left) ,not left-back
2) If AVB will not be pleased during the game about his strikers,is just need a sign coming from AVB ,and Chiriches advance in the middle zone of the field,scarying his enemies,in dribbling and speed,or more , will advance close to penalty area of the oponent team trying to score!!!

Free to ask me about more infos about the Vlad Chiriches
Dan,Romania
COYS!

Hello ,spurs fans ,i'm Steaua fan ,also of Vlad Chiriches...i'm from Romania.
his name sound like KI-RI-KESH OR on short "KI-RI-$"(cash money)
Today ,Piturca,Romania national team manager,said: that Chiriches is the new captain of the national team ,Romania will play on 6th september ,home, vs.Hungary ...so, Vlad his first game like captain.
1) David Luiz type of player...same position in the field (central defender-left) ,not left-back
2) If AVB will not be pleased during the game about his strikers,is just need a sign coming from AVB ,and Chiriches advance in the middle zone of the field,scarying his enemies,in dribbling and speed,or more , will advance close to penalty area of the oponent team trying to score!!!

Free to ask me about more infos about the Vlad Chiriches
Dan,Romania
COYS!

Hi Dan, thanks for the info! Could you please tell us a little about Vlad's:
  • Tackling
  • Heading
  • Disciplinary record (yellow/red cards)
Cheers!

Hey guys! I'm from Romania.
Not a big Steaua fan, but I follow Romanian&EU football closely
I have to say that I'm very happy Vlad joined your team, it would have been very sad to see him join Liverpool or some other crappy team.
He really is a David Luiz type of player, but imho Vlad is better.
He has great pace, anticipation, positioning and tehnique. The only real problem with him is his heading ability, but he usually compensates by having awesome positioning. Tackling is world-class, he is Nesta good in that department. That enables him to rarely be booked, and knowing PL is much more phisical than the romanian league, I can't see him being booked more than 4-5 times in a season.

Everything I have heard or seen about him seems very positive, but the aerial issue concerns me. Set pieces have been one of our weaker attributes the past few years, so I hope this is something he can overcome.

I just saw Vlad's interview on the OS...
Haha,
He's such a likable guy. Always smiling and seems to have that passion similar to that of Holtby's.
Vlad will surely be a fan favorite!

Based on the info from our Romanian new-commers I highly doubt he'll play with JV unless Dawson AND Kaboul are out at the same time... They have similar strengths, play the exact same position (RCB and LCB are very different even though it might not seem like it, they are.)

Bulgarians and Romanians gained the right to visa-free travel to the UK in 2007, when their countries joined the EU. But there were temporary restrictions on the kind of jobs they could take. Employers had to apply for work permits and migrants for an "accession worker card". Low-skilled workers were restricted to existing quota schemes in the agricultural and food processing sectors. These restrictions will be dropped on 1 January. Bulgarians and Romanians will also be entitled to claim the same benefits and NHS care as other EU citizens.
No wonder the country is going down the toilet

Now, people in England are only really going to go one way in terms of nicknames when you sign a guy from Romania called Vlad.
And now this...

The only real problem with him is his heading ability.

So he also has a weakness for crosses.

Thanks for the info though, @ eXe eXe . Sounds like a good buy overall.

Hi Dan, thanks for the info! Could you please tell us a little about Vlad's:
  • Tackling
  • Heading
  • Disciplinary record (yellow/red cards)
Cheers!
Vlad have a very good tackling,positioning,bravery,strenghts,stamina,pace,technical skills ,he knew that mean a proper dribbling,sometime during the game,when "he's on fire" going in oponent team area in speed dribbling (like Maradona,in the past) it's need that defensive midfielder of Tottenham ,to take care of his position (central defender ,covering his action well,for ex. at Steaua ,captain of the team Alex Bourceanu take care of his position temporarely,in that moment of the game when Chiriches going berserk ,in dribbling threatening midfielders,or defenders of oponent team... his weak skills ,partial,is aerial ability,heading,and that's a little concern if we speak here about the "homefield league" full in every match with corners or free-kicks...he is no that type of defender to be aggresive and taking red cards or yellow cards with many...just 5-6 yellow cards during the season,for Steaua he don't receive red card in a 1,5 years ,time which him played here...
I hope that Spurs fans to help him to take settling there ,and in 2-3 weeks period of time, he will be a great asset for Spurs...good luck,Vlad!

sorry Spurs fans,for my rusty english,not a native speaker,
Dan,Romania (Steaua fan)
SUCCESS for the Spurs,for tomorrow match Woolwich-Tottenham !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom