Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FINAL result today ,Romania-Hungary 3-0 (2-0)
1-0: Ciprian Marica min.2 (free player,striker,still without team)
2-0: Mihai Pintilii min.30 (Steaua defensive midfielder player)
3-0: Cristian Tanase min 87 (Steaua playmaker,or AML)

Vlad Chiriches (no.6 on t-shirt) same number for Tottenham,played all the game like RCB (very well,good tacklings,no mistakes) first time like captain (20 caps until now),some good interventions,was one chance for hungarians, dangerous in the second half,he manage well,eliminate the threat with style,the rest of the game ,Romania to much superior than hungarians ,they just made troubles today in the downtown of Bucharest.
Next game ,tuesday,10t september, Romania - Turkey ,a hard game ,just thinking that turks having a star -Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid,very good playmaker...

let me allow to open some beers.
Cheers,spurs!
:dwi::dwi::dwi::avblol: --- this is the face of AVB after he watched Chiriches playing tonight...

Last edited:
now the group stage "D" ,after tonight results
Romania-Hungary 3-0;Estonia-Netherlands 2-2;Turkey-Andorra 5-0
1. Netherlands 7 6 1 0 22 - 4 19p
2. Romania 7 4 1 2 13 - 10 13p
3. Hungary 7 3 2 2 13 - 11 11p
4. Turkey 7 3 1 3 12 - 7 10p
5. Estonia 7 2 1 4 5 - 11 7 p
6. Andorra 7 0 0 7 0 - 22 0p

i find the video ,one fresh on YT,about Romania-Hungary 3-0
(Steaua scoring "twice"; tonight ,the goal no.2 ,and no.3,ex-team mates of Chiriches.
1-0: Ciprian Marica min.2 (free player,striker,still without team)
2-0: Mihai Pintilii min.30 (Steaua defensive midfielder player)
3-0: Cristian Tanase min 87 (Steaua playmaker,or AML)

and a pic of Chiriches (left) as captain,happy,for a MAXIM result tonight,3-0.
7vdd.jpg

first game as new captain! Lucky??? i hope so (Vlad Chiriches face was like "you,buddy,smile now,you will cry later,we impaling you all, tonight!")
3hw3.jpg

Last edited:
Vlad Chiriches ,interview after the match,Romania-Hungary 3-0.
“…It’s a very important victory,one special for us. I’m glad that we made all the country happy. We surprised them with our motivation,we knew that if we defeat them,going over them in the ranking and that was the key of the game. We not expected to this score but now we need to make a good match with Turkey (tuesday),they will come in Bucharest mounted to make something…”
About his first time in the role of captain for Romania ,he said “…It’s great feeling to wear the armband. I felt no extra pressure,JUST PRIDE!...”

Almost a week until Tottenham-Norwich,so ,to much free time at our disposal to kill it...if you don't have anything to do until then,being PL on pause,let see a video (15 minutes highlights),with 2 Spurs players in action (the newcomers-Eriksen and Chiriches) in this winter (21.02.2013) the second leg,Europa League.Last 16 round, Steaua-Ajax,a thriller intense match.
In the first leg,in Amsterdam,Ajax won with 2-0,so ,they expect,that the trip in Bucharest,for the second leg, would be like a hollyday.
...Meanwhile,romanian team,"cooked" something in those days,in the kitchen...
in this game ,you will see ,Chiriches -(no.21 on Steaua t-shirt) and Eriksen - (no.8 on Ajax t-shirt)

(Some key moments during the game,first goal for Steaua was a long cross,almost 40 metres,from Chiriches to Latovlevici (left-back),he opening the score 1-0,in the first half,then in the second half,Chiriches score himself a beautiful goal making 2-0,later Eriksen missed a chance from a corner,so,being perfect score 2-2 overall,the game enter in the extratime,then on penalties shoot-out drama...watch all penalties ,and atmosphere made by romanians,inside the stadium (50.000 fans)
Eriksen scored one from their 2 goals from penalties shoot-out drama...
P.S. I wonder myself if Eriksen are still angry about Chiriches,or they are already friends now? :Dbecause during this game they almost "killing" each other,of course,making everything for their teams to win...who believed 7 months ago that Vlad and Eriksen would be team mates for Tottenham ??? so,the world looking so small...nowadays

Last edited:
When I saw that penalty shootout on the highlight show the night we were knocked out by Basel it made me depressed. Time enough has passed that I was excited by it the 2nd time. Vlad's goal earlier in the game was obviously world class. Wouldn't mind seeing him in either game this coming week, Norwich or Tromso.

When I saw that penalty shootout on the highlight show the night we were knocked out by Basel it made me depressed. Time enough has passed that I was excited by it the 2nd time. Vlad's goal earlier in the game was obviously world class. Wouldn't mind seeing him in either game this coming week, Norwich or Tromso.

it would be wiser coming from AVB to send Vlad in his first game in the pitch with Tromso (Europa League) why? Vlad have now 2 very intense matches for his national team,one was a great success 3-0 vs.Hungary,one game finished,this tuesday,another thriller game, vs. Turkey,his second game in 4 days,and a key match for Romania in this group stage,then on 11th septemeber he will return in London,3 days later Tottenham will play vs Norwich (14th september),but i think 3 days is not enough to be recovered in full fit after these national team hard games,decisives for us,turks said already just their victory tuesday against us,maintain their chances to qualify,while a victory for Chiriches and Co. or even a DRAW,maintain chances for Romania...
So i vote for Chiriches playing for Tromso game (debut),instead vs. Norwich game (just in case of central defenders to not have injuries -Dawson,Vertonghen)
My opinion,
Dan,
Steaua fan (Spurs admirer) i'm one of the 7 millions Steaua fans in Romania who watching you all now,Spurs team

Last edited:
September,9th, LAST UPDATE from inside of Romania national team:
Alex Bourceanu,a key player for us, (defensive midfielder) received an yellow card during the game vs. Hungary,he don't have the right to play vs.Turkey (for tomorrow game),so,an empty place is in the middle now, last rumours said that ,manager of Romania is forced by circumstances to play with CHIRICHES ,like DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER,in the game vs.Turkey,that mean the team will be like this (probably):
(4-2-3-1): ***Tatarusanu-Rat,Gaman,Goian,Matel-Chiriches,Pintilii-Torje,Maxim,Tanase-Marica.
***The info is based on what romanian press said,not confirmed yet by romanian manager.
Thanks,
Dan.

Last edited:
Vlad vs Hungary. looks very composed on the ball and pumped very few long balls which is good to see although some of the dribbling in his own box was hard on the nerves

in the game vs.Turkey,that mean the team will be like this (probably):
(4-2-3-1): ***Tatarusanu-Rat,Gaman,Goian,Matel-Chiriches,Pintilii-Torje,Maxim,Tanase-Marica.
***The info is based on what romanian press said,not confirmed yet by romanian manager.
Thanks,
Dan.
What happened to the days where the whole lineup would have a name ending in u??

except hagi.

:gallashmm:

What happened to the days where the whole lineup would have a name ending in u??

except hagi.

:gallashmm:
splendid observation,i say,in the past ,was Popescu,Petrescu,Lupescu,Raducioiu,Dumitrescu,Munteanu,now today just the gk-Tatarusanu keeping the legacy alive in the ending of name,or Stancu,striker,,in the first team (or in the bench) for tomorrow game...depend on what manager decide tomorrow his first 11

Vlad vs Hungary. looks very composed on the ball and pumped very few long balls which is good to see although some of the dribbling in his own box was hard on the nerves

He played just defender role this match,Right centre back(RCB),no rallies into opponent area like he did many times for Steaua,without mistakes,played simple passes,and i know that his manager (Romania) gave to him to make just defense assignments in this games vs.Hungary,and that because his team mates did a very god work in attack area,scoring 3 goals,so,Chiriches stay chilling out in defense.

Last edited:
OFF-TOPIC
Just for Fun!

Italian football in the 80's
subtitle is not important!
AC Milan-Napoli,italian derby!:avblol::smesh:

Last edited:
He reminds me a little of Vertonghen from that video, and thats one of the biggest compliments you can give to a CB!

I think they'll go on to form a deadly partnership. Get him in some Europa league games first to gel in the team, theres no need to rush him in as we've got Kaboul who is awesome.

Does anyone else feel really happy to see players for the club captain their own country? That extra pressure and responsibility at international level can only be a good thing for the development of a footballer, IMO. I think that will help Chiriches when it comes to playing in the Premier League on a mental level, as he would be used to the scrutiny of leading his country. In my opinion, the skill margins in the top leagues is small, but the mental capacity and the ability to keep calm under pressure is usually a key factor in deciding a winner in the big games.

Back
Top Bottom