Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really doubt any of us, except maybe Dan, has seen Chiriches enough to assess if he's really better than Daws. That'll be down to AVB and as much as I like Daws, he may have to make way if it's for the good of the team.
Chiriches play not just defensive role (good tackling,good marking,good positioning),also make OFFENSIVE tactic always comes out from defense,running with ball at his feet, in dribbling,THAT WAS the reason of AVB when he said:"i like this type of central defender,that assume also offensive role like defender,not just making only defense,and Chiriches at his age (23) looking very mature,i watched him 1 year under scouting ,he had many good matches for Steaua,i think he will help Tottenham now ,like he did for Steaua"... (in 2013 won domestic title,16 points ahead from the second place in the rank of romanian first league in the end)

On short is that type of player making offensive role, not just defensive assignments,and for a defender that mean a lot of skills to make that...
in my opinion,he was tranfered to make couple with Vertonghen in centre of defense

Chiriches was so close to sign with AC Milan in the winter pause of december 2012 -january 2013 ,italians came in Bucharest to talk about his transfer in Milano,to play for AC MILAN.
They ask about his price,Steaua said his price is 10 millions euro ,Milan then offer 7 millions euro,Steaua reject the offer considering that was too low and left the negotiations table,in the next day of negotiations,Milan propose another offer that mean 2 millions euro (in winter pause) + another 8 millions euro in the summer 2013,and some clauses (money in two tranches),Steaua reject again considering that he want 10 millions euro in a single offer...italians left the city....alone without Chiriches,and this summer ,was AS Roma offer ,but too low (5 millions euro),then came Tottenham with 8 millions euro first offer,again rejected,then the last and decisive offer ,2 weeks later,9,5 millions ,near 10 what want Steaua...from the first time...:D

I think we should chuck in Chiriches from the off against Norwich and see how he does. AVB tells Daw's he's being rested and there's no harm done. Unless Chiriches is in fact Anthony Gardner, in which case we're fucked.

about private life,His parents split their marriage when he was young,Chiriches have now a fiance,a romanian girl (24 years old ,7 months older than him),she's student in a university from London,her family is established in London from some years,in the next summer the young couple will organize their wedding...
he's not that type of player spending time in the nightclubs,all nights long,drinking and fighting with paparazzi in the morning,he's quiet person,a nice guy,for sure,being in his free time,he just spend time with his fiance,together,maybe visiting the downtown of London,shopping time for his future wife,a restaurant dinner in two,then in the evening they going home (at her home ,where she and her parents lived in London)... paparazzi just will fail believing that he will be the "new Mutu" ( romanian star Chelsea problem player in 2003-2004)...
sorry ,paparazzi,but he's family person type,not a savage party bachelor...

Last edited:
I'm Steaua fan,and i writte here what media press say here ,in Romania, i translate for Spurs fans,to knowing him well,even him don't playing yet for Tottenham ,he represent the present and the future of romanian football ( captain of the national team,having 23 years old,probably will help maybe 10 years our national team),and he's spectacular type of player,not boring one,for sure,i seen him my eyes playing,i know what i'm talking about... :)
YOU don't know yet ,but Tottenham have now 7 millions new admirers in Romania (Steaua fans),because you buyed him... and Tottenham matches in PL will be here every week when the Spurs play their games...soon

I'm Steaua fan,and i writte here what media press say here ,in Romania, i translate for Spurs fans,to knowing him well,even him don't playing yet for Tottenham ,he represent the present and the future of romanian football ( captain of the national team,having 23 years old,probably will help maybe 10 years our national team),and he's spectacular type of player,not boring one,for sure,i seen him my eyes playing,i know what i'm talking about... :)
YOU don't know yet ,but Tottenham have now 7 millions new admirers in Romania (Steaua fans),because you buyed him... and Tottenham matches in PL will be here every week when the Spurs play their games...soon

much appreciate Dan, you are dogs bollocks lol

much appreciate Dan, you are dogs bollocks lol

I hope to god he understands that saying is a good thing.

Regarding the Dawson v Vlad debate - I'm hoping that Vlad is a bit more dynamic. For all Dawson's hardcore, leadership and even his playing ability, he seems unable to adapt to post 4-4-2 football which could be the biggest factor in his eventual departure from the club. I think AVB saw this coming from the off, hence his nearly- deal with QPR.

I desperately want to see Vlad get on the pitch so we can see how he is!

Also realised today that in my mind, his full name is Vladley (like Bradley) - almost certainly not the case since nobody ever has been cruel enough to name their child Vladley.

He has played in Europe for Steaua already this season, so not gonna happen

don't think so. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe playing in the pre-group stage playoffs (as he did with Steaua) doesn't count as "competition proper", therefore he could still play for us in Europe.

He has played in Europe for Steaua already this season, so not gonna happen
Maybe not... it seems he can play in the Europa League, but only as long as Steaua don't drop into the competition from the Champions League.
18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA
club competition group stage match for another club in the current seasonmay exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
a) in the same competition for another club; or
b) for another club that is currently in the same competition.

18.20 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to be registered.

Maybe not... it seems he can play in the Europa League, but only as long as Steaua don't drop into the competition from the Champions League.
I read that (last week) as amnesty for all cup-ties at the group draw, regardless. Surely, he's eligible now to play for us in Europe, despite the risk that his old club might fall into the EL. Otherwise the tying would have to last until the knockouts (when no more demotion happens) and not in the group stages.

i would now to present for you a game (highlights), from autumn 2012,with Vlad Chiriches in action,starting an action and then Steaua opening the score in away game vs. FC Vaslui (romanian league) (lost 1-3 in the end ,because Steaua Goalkeeper at the time Stanca,a GK,was considered guilty at first 2 goals of Vaslui,and then NEVER catch again the gate of Steaua after this match ,was put on transfer list to sell him,that was one of 2 defeats received by Steaua in all season ,Steaua won the title in 2013 ,with 16 points more than the second team in the final rank.
This video must be seeing by Spurs fans to make an idea about him, and how he conduct the ball,running in the pitch,in dribbling,despite like i said being central defender,his role (LCB,or RCB)
1) SO ,SKIP TO MINUTE 0:35 of the video to see,where Chiriches played all the season for Steaua,and the pronunciation of his name made by romanian commentator.
2) then 1:12 start his action ,Vlad Chiriches,you will see Vlad running with the ball in the half of the pitch of Vaslui team,home team in that game.

i would now to present for you a game (highlights), from autumn 2012,with Vlad Chiriches in action,starting an action and then Steaua opening the score in away game vs. FC Vaslui (romanian league) (lost 1-3 in the end ,because Steaua Goalkeeper at the time Stanca,a GK,was considered guilty at first 2 goals of Vaslui,and then NEVER catch again the gate of Steaua after this match ,was put on transfer list to sell him,that was one of 2 defeats received by Steaua in all season ,Steaua won the title in 2013 ,with 16 points more than the second team in the final rank.
This video must be seeing by Spurs fans to make an idea about him, and how he conduct the ball,running in the pitch,in dribbling,despite like i said being central defender,his role (LCB,or RCB)
1) SO ,SKIP TO MINUTE 0:35 of the video to see,where Chiriches played all the season for Steaua,and the pronunciation of his name made by romanian commentator.
2) then 1:12 start his action ,Vlad Chiriches,you will see Vlad running with the ball in the half of the pitch of Vaslui team,home team in that game.

to be fair, the guy does fucking boss it at 1:12. Looking forward to some of that.

Chiriches goal ,first from this video, (romanian league,Concordia-Steaua 0-6)starting from the minute 00 to 00:40 ,Vlad scoring after a personal action ,smashing the ball with power from a long distance almost 30 metres,surprising the oponent GK,having part of his mistake on this goal for a bad positioning in the gate,but that's attractive in football,GK making mistakes sometime,Chiriches was like "what the hell,i will try a shoot from here (30 metres) what ever will be ,will be..."

Last edited:
I love Dawsons attitude but I've never rated him as highly as some. There's plenty of CBs out there who are better hence he rarely gets a look in for a second rate England team. Positionally he gets caught out alot and is prone to diving in. The bloke does put his body on the line though but his passing is usually cringe worthy along with any attempted dribbling. Ledley was twice the player atleast.
On one leg Ledley was still twice the player of all those who got a look in in front of Dawson for a second rate england team.

Back
Top Bottom