Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chiriches is shit, I wish we never bought him.

:troll:
why ? you saw him playing ? patience,please,he's new there ,2-3 weeks space for him, like i said...will be one of your central defenders soon,left or right (LCB or RCB),for our team in a game play right-back,that's because was an emergency,both right-backs get injury,and he play well there that game,despite his not his natural place there...much more could play like defensive midfielder,but just in case of emergency...in that position on the pitch...
Let him playing 2-3 games for Spurs ,then judge him...
Thanks (patience my friends,patience...)

@ Dan D Dan D - It's OK, @ Mad Yid Mad Yid was just making a joke. He doesn't think he is shit at all, probably the opposite. The smiley face is a troll, which we use as humor when we say something we don't mean, among other things.

Thanks for posting here about Chiriches, it's really interesting to get that insight from Romanias as we havent seen that much of him before. I hope you stick around and continue to comment as he plays and becomes (hopefully) a legend at Tottenham. He sounds great, and we love his attitude already. If he is as good as Vertongen then AVB will find ways to play them both sometimes.

why ? you saw him playing ? patience,please,he's new there ,2-3 weeks space for him, like i said...will be one of your central defenders soon,left or right (LCB or RCB),for our team in a game play right-back,that's because was an emergency,both right-backs get injury,and he play well there that game,despite his not his natural place there...much more could play like defensive midfielder,but just in case of emergency...in that position on the pitch...
Let him playing 2-3 games for Spurs ,then judge him...
Thanks (patience my friends,patience...)

rather we bought Anton Ferdinand :harrysmile:

Last News: Vlad Chiriches comeback today in Romania some hours ago,he still wait for work permit in England (hard beauracracy there in England more than european continent,i think is too much rainy days there :)),despite he sign all of thing of papers,he don't make debut today because of that.
Being free of that ,AVB send him to Romania to join national team ,next game home ,in Bucharest, 6th september (5 days remaining) vs. Hungary ,a decisive game for us,Romania MUST win this match to keep the chances up for a qualification to WC 2014 (Brazil),a failure (losing) send OUT Romania for WC 2014,CRUCIAL GAME for Romania ,much more on 10 th september (Home again) vs. Turkey... so until 11th september ,Vlad Chiriches play for the national team,like captain,his new role, receiving credit by manager of Romania,Victor Piturca.
Anyway ,Vlad Chiriches will return in London just on 11th september (and until that date ,i hope will receive the work permit to play in Premier League... here click to see pics with him today on Bucharest Airport...
http://www.sport.ro/nationala/chiri...pe-becali-daca-l-vedea-gigi-nu-mai-pleca.html
and he make declaration to the press,i translate for you what he said:
"i had big emotions before because i wanted to much to realyse this transfer (for Tottenham), it's normal to think at my ex-team mates (Steaua players) but this is life ,even in football,every player should follow his way...AVB said to me when i signed for the Spurs ,that he's very glad because this transfer was perfected and to be in his squad..."
"... Will be hard for me to impose in the team in the beginning,very good players there, must to work hard to impose myself in my new team,i hope soon" (Tottenham)

Something like that he said ,in an interview for the romanian press ,today 1th september ,18.00 hour (16.00 hour in UK) on the airport of Bucharest...now he's in the romanian headquarter of the national team.
i will translate for you everything he will say in this time when he will stay for the national team 1th september-11th september) ,just sorry for my bad english...i hope you understand what i writte here,and hollywood movies teach me (for a little) when i download them free on net :p if you don't understand anything,blame them (hollywood actors) not me! :)

Last edited:
These are my pics when i was inside the stadium to watch a game there,on "National Arena" Bucharest,Romania (56.000 places capacity)
a stadium ready in 2011,and he organized already Europe League Final 2012 (Atletico Madrid-Athletic Bilbao 3-0)
This is the stadium where Vlad Chiriches played from 2012-2013 for Steaua Bucuresti team and for the our national team ,also he will play this friday here in a warm atmosphere ,a decisive match like our captain, vs Hungary (6th september ,21.00 hour (here) ,19.00 hour in UK... rolling the scroll for a better view...
qnsy.jpg

or from another angle:
rzis.jpg

this is not mine ,but caption well all inside (day pic) from upper circle:
41l0.jpg

and other pic (not mine) but i liked his panoramic view (lower circle angle)
i forgot to mention that this stadium cost us 200 millions euro...what does crazy people when it's economic crisis over the world :cool:
dicq.jpg

Last edited:
This is my pic when i was inside the stadium to watch a game there,on "National Arena" Bucharest,Romania (56.000 places capacity)
a stadium ready in 2011,and he organized already Europe League Final 2012 (Atletico Madrid-Athletic Bilbao 3-0)
This is the stadium where Vlad Chiriches play from 2012-2013 for Steaua Bucuresti team and for the our national team ,also he will play this friday here in a warm atmosphere ,a decisive match like our captain, vs Hungary (6th september ,21.00 hour (here) ,19.00 hour in UK... rolling the scroll for a better view...
qnsy.jpg

Makes me twitchy for Spurs to hurry up and get the new Lane built:avbshock: It's a very unique design from the outside but a beautiful stadium that's for sure

Not trying to get into an argument again... BUT, everyone is slating Dawson, and imo, it's because of one performance.

well your opinion of me atleast is wrong

I've been watching Dawson since 2005 when we bought him with Andy 'I ate all the pies' Reid from Forest and he's had far more than one dodgy game

well your opinion of me atleast is wrong

I've been watching Dawson since 2005 when we bought him with Andy 'I ate all the pies' Reid from Forest and he's had far more than one dodgy game

Of course he has had more than one dodgy game, but I think he is still very good and useful for the club. Before this game most people had Dawson in this game and not a single person was slighting him. After this game you along with many others are saying that he could he sold in January or next summer.

Of course he has had more than one dodgy game, but I think he is still very good and useful for the club. Before this game most people had Dawson in this game and not a single person was slighting him. After this game you along with many others are saying that he could he sold in January or next summer.

I've never been a huge fan of Daws maybe I got spoiled watching Ledley over the years but I far more prefer a cultured cool head like Ledley than a dive in and fling your body everywhere like Daws. To me defenders generally only have to dive in when they get caught out or are behind the play. The best defenders usually snuff out a threat before they have to fling their body about. Anyway I don't like slagging off our players but I'm not a big fan of Lennon or Defoe either. Like Dawson they're both limited and don't suit the direction we are moving tactically. They'll do for now but don't be surprised when they get moved on if all goes to plan for AVB.

a little concern for us , when Manager of Romania,Victor Piturca,said in a press conference held today morning that "...Vlad Chiriches have a muscle contracture (dunno in english properly) and are some chances that the player NOT to play vs.Hungary,or have more chances to play vs.Turkey,4 days later ..." so,he's uncertain about him about playing in the game ,friday,OR ,is a "war mind" to put hungarian side on wrong way....will see in the incoming days more better...
Dan,Romania,
2 september 2013

I've never been a huge fan of Daws maybe I got spoiled watching Ledley over the years but I far more prefer a cultured cool head like Ledley than a dive in and fling your body everywhere like Daws. To me defenders generally only have to dive in when they get caught out or are behind the play. The best defenders usually snuff out a threat before they have to fling their body about. Anyway I don't like slagging off our players but I'm not a big fan of Lennon or Defoe either. Like Dawson they're both limited and don't suit the direction we are moving tactically. They'll do for now but don't be surprised when they get moved on if all goes to plan for AVB.

We Cleary disagree on Dawson. Lets agree to disagree. I agree with you about Defoe and To a point Lennon. I think Lennon could have a part of this team but I doubt he'd be happy being 2nd or third choice. I have never been a fan of Defoe and would much rather replace him than Ade.

We Cleary disagree on Dawson. Lets agree to disagree. I agree with you about Defoe and To a point Lennon. I think Lennon could have a part of this team but I doubt he'd be happy being 2nd or third choice. I have never been a fan of Defoe and would much rather replace him than Ade.

I love Dawsons attitude but I've never rated him as highly as some. There's plenty of CBs out there who are better hence he rarely gets a look in for a second rate England team. Positionally he gets caught out alot and is prone to diving in. The bloke does put his body on the line though but his passing is usually cringe worthy along with any attempted dribbling. Ledley was twice the player atleast.

I really doubt any of us, except maybe Dan, has seen Chiriches enough to assess if he's really better than Daws. That'll be down to AVB and as much as I like Daws, he may have to make way if it's for the good of the team.

Back
Top Bottom