Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's coming

Ummm. Is Daws going to lose out. Or is jan going to LB
Neither for the Palace game I predict, after that there'll doubtless be rotation etc IF we get a new CB in, which I hope we do.

I think Jan and Vlad would be too 'ball playing' and not aerially good enough for the Prem. We'll see how it goes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Details on Chiriches&#39; missed transfer to Spurs. Football agent Victor Becali: &quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=#THFC&amp;src=hash">#THFC</a> wanted to pay the money til 2015, Steaua didn&#39;t agree&quot;</p>&mdash; Emanuel Roşu (@Emishor) <a href="">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Details on Chiriches&#39; missed transfer to Spurs. Football agent Victor Becali: &quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=#THFC&amp;src=hash">#THFC</a> wanted to pay the money til 2015, Steaua didn&#39;t agree&quot;</p>&mdash; Emanuel Roşu (@Emishor) <a href="">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That doesn't sound like a club who's about to sell a player for £85m.

Looks like it's off, lads

Chiriches Told To Get Over Failed Spurs Move

Tottenham target Vlad Chiriches has been told by his Steaua Bucharest manager to get over the fact he will not be moving to the Premier League.

A £7million deal seemed to be on the cards earlier this week as Tottenham looked to replace Steven Caulker and bolster their depleted defence ahead of the start of the season.

That was until Bucharest owner Gigi Becali was reportedly angered by Tottenham’s hastiness to complete the transfer and called off the deal, Sky Sports report.

Now Bucharest manager Laurențiu Reghecampf has told Chiriches to overcome the blow of not moving to the Premier League and concentrate on getting the club into the Champions League group stages.

"It's a difficult situation for Vlad," Reghecampf is quoted by Romanian broadcaster Digisport.

"We all decided that if an offer came on, he would leave after the Champions League play-off and I agreed that he should leave, but Gigi [Becali] has decided that he should stay and help us qualify for the Champions League.”

Reghecampf does believe Chiriches will get a big move abroad sometime in the future, however.

"He will have to get over this and he is a boy with an incredible character, but he was affected. I'm still sure in the future he will go to a strong team from abroad."

According to Sky Sports, both AC Milan and Inter Milan have previously targeted the 23-year-old defender and he is more than likely to have several offers come in during the January transfer window.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/chiriches-told-to-get-over-failed-spurs-move-26913/?

He looked really good going forward... had a couple of good looking shots on goal from long range. Also got beat for the header on a corner for the goal but we won't talk about that now.

Tottenham 'sign Vlad Chiriches' from Steaua Bucharest
Tottenham have agreed to sign Steaua Bucharest defender Vlad Chiriches, according to the Romanian club's manager.

Splashing the cash: Tottenham have added a defender to their ranks Photo: AFP

By Telegraph Sport, and agencies

12:21PM BST 25 Aug 2013

Spurs have been searching for a new centre-back following the departures of Steven Caulker and William Gallas.

The north London club failed in their bid to sign 23-year-old Chiriches last month, but a fee of around £8.5 million appears to have now been agreed.

Steaua hope the defender, who has won 19 caps for Romania, will play in the second leg of their Champions League play-off against Legia Warsaw on Tuesday before completing his move to White Hart Lane.

"The two clubs have agreed to transfer him. I'm very happy for him," Steaua manager Laurentiu Reghecampf told a press conference on Saturday.

"I can not say the amount for which (he was) transferred, but it is very high.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ign-Vlad-Chiriches-from-Steaua-Bucharest.html

BTW, in case anyone's been wondering, his last name is pronounced Kirikesh.
we'll leave that to Pleaty..
david_pleat_140byline_Wcup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom