Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0gdc.jpg
what a great fucking stadium, it looks like a big cake. I like cake.

Levy...sort it. I want a cake stadium

kybr.png

i hope to be a lucky number for him...this season
and his last pic ,taken today,4th september,in the morning (Chiriches,under white arrow)
8jcl.jpg

Last edited:
Let's hope he's got a bit of the Phil Jones about him in terms of skill as well as facially.

phil-jones_1982968c.jpg
21595.jpg
This face of him was taken just some seconds after he scored that goal for Steaua (bycicle kick) in Europa League group stage,season 2012-2013,when Steaua won home vs.Molde 2-0 (champion of Norway i n2012) ,Vlad opening the score 1-0...

Guys, i don't say that i know the all the truth,but this i want to present for you all,what i saw in a year and a half (winter 2012-summer 2013) in the stadium Live,or from TV (i don't missed any Steaua game last season,or present preliminaries Ch.League 2013) about Vlad Chiriches.
These are my qualificatives (unofficial) ,trying so much possible to be objective about Vlad Chiriches,what he played for Steaua this time,I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL BE with him in England from now on (i hope to play like he did for Steaua the same thing),this data base of mine judging him like scouter... (if ,but i don't have diploma on this,just playing like i was scouter)
Football manager PC game style of judging him , possible error: + or - 1 point,in giving him qualificatives with him in full fit on the pitch.
So,that's being said ,this is my list about him (Steaua his games 2012-2013),Not what he will do for Tottenham (attention!),Steaua played always 1-4-2-3-1 system in this period of time.

Preferred Moves:
Gets Forward whenever Possible
Gets into opposition area (he’s crazy with that!)
Likes to play with the ball down,at his feet,not much aerial style (he’s style of playing,for sure,not aerial style of playing)

Feet:
Left foot-Strong
Right foot-Very Strong

Positions:
Central defender-left (Natural)
Central defender-right (Competent)
Right-Back (Accomplished) –just in case of emergency
Defensive Midfielder (Accomplished)- just in case of emergency
Left-Back –Unknown(I don’t see playing here in any Steaua game,maybe AVB find something…)

Born 14.11.1989 (23 years old and 10 months)
Height:1,84 metres
Weight:75 Kg
Earn: 1.200.000 euro on year (Tottenham)
5 years contract with the Spurs (expiring summer 2018)

on a scale from 1 to 20 (maximum):

Technical Attributes:
Corners-(Unknown,never had corners kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Crossing-12
Dribbling-16
Finishing-13
First touch-15
Free Kicks-12
Heading-10
Long Shots-15
Long Throws-12
Marking-15
Passing-15
Penalty Taking-(Unknown,never had penalty kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Tackling-16
Technique-16

Mental Attributes:
Aggresion-13
Anticipation-16
Bravery-18 (without fear!)
Composure-15
Concentration-16
Creativity-16
Decisions-17
Determination-18 (good on that,wants to give maximum what he could during the match)
Flair-15 (remember that his goal bycicle kick vs.Molde (Europa League)?,need"balls" to do that like defender in the penalty opposition area!)
Influence-18 (Steaua team mates said that Vlad influence was big inside the team)
Off the Ball-15
Positioning-16
Teamwork-18 (good on that ,help his team mates in defense or in attack!)
Work Rate-17

Physical Attributes:
Acceleration-16
Agility-14
Balance-15
Jumping-12
Natural Fitness-14
Pace-17
Stamina-15
Strenghts-14

Like i said before: error + or - 1 point...
it's about Vlad matches in Steaua t-shirt vs.other romanian teams in our first league,NOT PREMIER LEAGUE,he played just 2 games in his life vs a brittish team,Chelsea in Europa League ,Last 8 round in march 2013,1-0 victory home ,and 1-3 on Stamford Bridge (he scoring the only goal of Steaua in Chelsea stadium!) just thinking about his morale when he play on Stamford Bridge again,probably Cech will fear with Chiriches presence on the pitch...)
Thanks! for your attention

So he's pretty weak in the air then?....

about private life,His parents split their marriage when he was young,Chiriches have now a fiance,a romanian girl (24 years old ,7 months older than him),she's student in a university from London,her family is established in London from some years,in the next summer the young couple will organize their wedding...
he's not that type of player spending time in the nightclubs,all nights long,drinking and fighting with paparazzi in the morning,he's quiet person,a nice guy,for sure,being in his free time,he just spend time with his fiance,together,maybe visiting the downtown of London,shopping time for his future wife,a restaurant dinner in two,then in the evening they going home (at her home ,where she and her parents lived in London)... paparazzi just will fail believing that he will be the "new Mutu" ( romanian star Chelsea problem player in 2003-2004)...
sorry ,paparazzi,but he's family person type,not a savage party bachelor...

Is she 24years and 7 months older than him? or is she 24 years old, and 7 months older than him?

article-2404768-1B8166FD000005DC-18_634x798.jpg

(Vlad Chiriches) Things to now about his career until now:
2006-2008: Benfica Lisabon (Portugal) player (youth sector) (16 years-18 years)
2008-2010: Inter Curtea de Arges (romanian second league) (18 years-20 years)
2010-2012: Pandurii Targu Jiu (romanian first league) (20 years-22years)
2012 (winter)-2013 (summer): Steaua Bucuresti (romanian first league,no.1 in Romania) 22 years-23 years
2013- ??? TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR:thumbup::coys::coys::coys:

Romania (Under 21) - 3 caps (2010-2011)
National team of ROMANIA (2011-???):19 caps
Romania - Hungary (6th september) - 20 caps (and first game as our captain!):bow::bow:

Pandurii transfer the player from Inter Curtea de Arges in 2010. = 300.000 euro
Steaua transfer the player in 2012 from Pandurii = 1,3 millions euro.
After 1year and 6 months,Tottenham transfer the player in 2013 from Steaua = 9,5 millions euro.

(my joke now): FC Barcelona transfer the player in 2015 from Tottenham = 35 millions euro...;)

Last edited:
(my joke now): FC Barcelona transfer the player in 2015 from Tottenham = 35 millions euro...;)

Seriously speaking, from what I've seen he does have a lot of attributes that Barca would find appealing - it's why I'm glad we've signed him!

Having seen him play frequently for you Steaua, do you think he can progress to be one of the world's best centre backs and therefore warrant a transfer to a bigger club than Spurs?

(Vlad Chiriches) Things to now about his career until now:
2006-2008: Benfica Lisabon (Portugal) player (youth sector) (16 years-18 years)
2008-2010: Inter Curtea de Arges (romanian second league) (18 years-20 years)
2010-2012: Pandurii Targu Jiu (romanian first league) (20 years-22years)
2012 (winter)-2013 (summer): Steaua Bucuresti (romanian first league,no.1 in Romania) 22 years-23 years
2013- ??? TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR:thumbup::coys::coys::coys:

Romania (Under 21) - 3 caps (2010-2011)
National team of ROMANIA (2011-???):19 caps
Romania - Hungary (6th september) - 20 caps (and first game as our captain!):bow::bow:

Pandurii transfer the player from Inter Curtea de Arges in 2010. = 300.000 euro
Steaua transfer the player in 2012 from Pandurii = 1,3 millions euro.
After 1year and 6 months,Tottenham transfer the player in 2013 from Steaua = 9,5 millions euro.

maybe we can sign nicolae stanciu next :ledleylick:

Seriously speaking, from what I've seen he does have a lot of attributes that Barca would find appealing - it's why I'm glad we've signed him!

Having seen him play frequently for you Steaua, do you think he can progress to be one of the world's best centre backs and therefore warrant a transfer to a bigger club than Spurs?

yes,my opinion,Spanish liga fits him well,(where even defenders attacking) i hope also in England,for Tottenham, i hope to give his best could do for the Spurs,maybe to progress much more , he have these skills to make him to progress much more, (BOTH FEET PLAYER,bravery,determination,teamwork player,good dribbling,technical skills,polivalent (LCB,RCB, RB,DM,or for a defender is very good,always (looking like a south american type of player-argentinian or brazilian),always POSITIVE and have the winner mentality,Steaua teach him "winner" mentality ("doesn't matter who is your opponent ,you must to do everything to win") (no.1 club in Romania like trophees ,24 domestic titles,20 domestic cups,even the club was champion of Europe,in 1986 (2-0 on penalties vs FC Barcelona at the time,the final held in Spain! on FC Sevilla stadium!),and conquered also European Super Cup in 1987),finalists again in 1989! (but was 0-4 vs AC Milan at the time in the final,2 goals from Van Basten and 2 from Gullit,so,to understand what Milan players was in the final...)
Depending on him from now on ,yes,possible to be a next target for spanish giants,don't forget will have soon 24 years old in just 2 months,and a lot of time to proggres much more than in the present,and financial speaking,Tottenham will be the winner if they decide to sell him later (over2-3 years) on a big transfer in Spain for ex. or not! maybe he remain and extend his deal for the Spurs...who knows! the time will resolve all...

Last edited:
maybe we can sign nicolae stanciu next :ledleylick:
Steaua young playmaker ,Stanciu (22 years old) must to grow much more (good technical skills,but not so well physical,must to improve much more on his fitness...but the best player of Steaua is Alexandru Bourceanu (defensive midfielder,28 years old),national first team key player,and now have that status for the team (Steaua) what Steven Gerrard represent for Liverpool...Fiorentina,Feyenoord,Stuttgart wants him now i heard,possible transfer in the winter pause... (rumours status)

(game minds) if Steaua in the present (with Chiriches) will be registered in PL now,ipothetic speaking,will finish in the end between places 6-10...Steaua(without Chiriches) possible in the end 7-12... Steaua losing Chiriches ,he represented just himself15%-20% from the power of the team
Steaua transfered in the last day of transfermarket, Varela from FC Vaslui (romanian first league), (Ivory Coast,25 years,LCB) to replace Chiriches in the same position ... transfer deal 1,4 millions euro...."small spendings for new investments,better sales later" (Steaua device now) also, Varela was registered on Champions League list,25 players,like i said Steaua is in group stage "E" his opponents are Chelsea:avbshock:,Schalke (Germany):nawty:,Basel (Switzerland):adegrin2:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom