Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On one leg Ledley was still twice the player of all those who got a look in in front of Dawson for a second rate england team.
Twice the player as Rio Ferdinand? Mate Ledley King was a very good footballer, but that is a silly statement. John Terry in his prime was an outstanding footballer and leader (massive cuntbag though)

Twice the player as Rio Ferdinand? Mate Ledley King was a very good footballer, but that is a silly statement. John Terry in his prime was an outstanding footballer and leader (massive cuntbag though)
Dude, you know it's a turn of phrase..but I'll stand by the principle behind it. Ledley King was the best centre half of his generation (and that in his time as an England player, Judas and Ferdinand were the only ones that I would put up with him). a far superior footballer to Terry, and, IMO, if it hadn't been for the chronic nature of his injuries, would probably have left Spurs a few years back and ended up with 100 odd caps. It wasn't for nothing, before the injuries took hold, that Henry called him the best centre half in Europe.

I suspect we are going to have to agree to disagree on that though

After this day training for the Romania national team, Bogdan Stancu (Bursaspor-Turkey) ,striker,his team mate ,said about Vlad ,that he "made a normal training ,like the other his team mates,and i don't see him that having a real problem",that mean Chiriches have chances to be in the first eleven for the friday decisive match vs. Hungary... 2 days ago,the manager of Romania,Victor Piturca said that he "have a little problem,we don't know if he will play..." so ,it's a false alarm...or "mist" in the eyes of hungarians,like i said,to put them on the wrong road...
(today,september,3th) Status: 90% chances that Vlad to play in this match in the first eleven...

On one leg Ledley was still twice the player of all those who got a look in in front of Dawson for a second rate england team.

Wins with/without him in the squad, bookings to goals scored, number of reds, and the good old fashioned eye test. Every single test supports the conclusion that Ledley was the most phenomenal CB of his generation.

Danny, will you stay with us during the whole Chiriches era, informing us about any Chiriches news?
yes,one condition ,i will translate what romanian press said here about him,and what he does when he will come in the country (hollidays or national team actions),and you (all) what he does under british soil,(trainings,matches or private life...) :D
what i know he signed for 5 years contract ,not 2 years + some clauses like others,that mean a lot ,i think,Spurs managers having plans, looking in the future with him, he will part soon in that Spurs family there (your 'homie'...like we done to feel comfortable for him when he was our player)...i mean if Spurs fans making him to feel like "home" then he will give everything his best could do...in every game when the coach introduce him in the pitch...

VLAD VLAD HE'LL DO YOUR FUCKN KNEES IN
VLAD VLAD HE'LL DO YOUR FUCKN KNEES IN
VLAAAAD VLAAAAD HE'LL DO YOUR FFFFFUUUUCCCKKKN KKKNNNNEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS IIINNN

:crouch:
mmmm...i don't know,maybe :) or like i said "Kasabian -Vlad The Impaler" tune song in the stadium...when he scoring a goal...:dude:

yes,one condition ,i will translate what romanian press said here about him,and what he does when he will come in the country (hollidays or national team actions),and you (all) what he does under british soil,(trainings,matches or private life...) :D
what i know he signed for 5 years contract ,not 2 years + some clauses like others,that mean a lot ,i think,Spurs managers having plans, looking in the future with him, he will part soon in that Spurs family there (your 'homie'...like we done to feel comfortable for him when he was our player)...i mean if Spurs fans making him to feel like "home" then he will give everything his best could do...in every game when the coach introduce him in the pitch...

Sounds good, mate. I might watch that Romania - Hungary game to see him play. Think he's the only one of our new players I haven't actually seen playing.

tp09.jpg
(Chiriches,no.6 on t-shirt also in the national team)
Friday,Romania-Hungary, World Cup Preliminaries Brazil 2014.today,4th september,over 45.000 tickets are already sold ,remained just 8.000 tickets that will be sell today or tomorrow, was announced 2.000 hungarians ultras to come for this game,a crucial for romanians must to win this game to remain with chances,having 10 points in the group stage (third in the rank) while Hungary is the second with 11 points, first in the group stage is Netherlands (18 points) the will qualify direct,while the second place in the group in the end, goes that team to the play-off in november...
Friday,here in the stadium will be the hell landing on Earth...Chiriches & Co ,must to win,otherwise...bye bye Brazil...
0gdc.jpg

Last edited:
Romania-Hungary, World Cup Preliminaries Brazil 2014.today,4th september,over 45.000 tickets are already sold ,remained just 8.000 tickets that will be sell today or tomorrow, was announced 2.000 hungarians ultras to come for this game,a crucial for romanians must to win this game to remain with chances,having 10 points in the group stage (third in the rank) while Hungary is the second with 11 points, first in the group stage is Netherlands (18 points) the will qualify direct,while the second place in the group in the end, goes that team to the play-off in october...
Friday,here in the stadium will be the hell landing on Earth...Chiriches & Co ,must to win,otherwise...bye bye Brazil...
0gdc.jpg

Guys, i don't say that i know the all the truth,but this i want to present for you all,what i saw in a year and a half (winter 2012-summer 2013) in the stadium Live,or from TV (i don't missed any Steaua game last season,or present preliminaries Ch.League 2013) about Vlad Chiriches.
These are my qualificatives (unofficial) ,trying so much possible to be objective about Vlad Chiriches,what he played for Steaua this time,I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL BE with him in England from now on (i hope to play like he did for Steaua the same thing),this data base of mine judging him like scouter... (if ,but i don't have diploma on this,just playing like i was scouter)
Football manager PC game style of judging him , possible error: + or - 1 point,in giving him qualificatives with him in full fit on the pitch.
So,that's being said ,this is my list about him (Steaua his games 2012-2013),Not what he will do for Tottenham (attention!),Steaua played always 1-4-2-3-1 system in this period of time.

Preferred Moves:
Gets Forward whenever Possible
Gets into opposition area (he’s crazy with that!)
Likes to play with the ball down,at his feet,not much aerial style (he’s style of playing,for sure,not aerial style of playing)

Feet:
Left foot-Strong
Right foot-Very Strong

Positions:
Central defender-left (Natural)
Central defender-right (Competent)
Right-Back (Accomplished) –just in case of emergency
Defensive Midfielder (Accomplished)- just in case of emergency
Left-Back –Unknown(I don’t see playing here in any Steaua game,maybe AVB find something…)

Born 14.11.1989 (23 years old and 10 months)
Height:1,84 metres
Weight:75 Kg
Earn: 1.200.000 euro on year (Tottenham)
5 years contract with the Spurs (expiring summer 2018)

on a scale from 1 to 20 (maximum):

Technical Attributes:
Corners-(Unknown,never had corners kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Crossing-12
Dribbling-16
Finishing-13
First touch-15
Free Kicks-12
Heading-10
Long Shots-15
Long Throws-12
Marking-15
Passing-15
Penalty Taking-(Unknown,never had penalty kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Tackling-16
Technique-16

Mental Attributes:
Aggresion-13
Anticipation-16
Bravery-18 (without fear!)
Composure-15
Concentration-16
Creativity-16
Decisions-17
Determination-18 (good on that,wants to give maximum what he could during the match)
Flair-15 (remember that his goal bycicle kick vs.Molde (Europa League)?,need"balls" to do that like defender in the penalty opposition area!)
Influence-18 (Steaua team mates said that Vlad influence was big inside the team)
Off the Ball-15
Positioning-16
Teamwork-18 (good on that ,help his team mates in defense or in attack!)
Work Rate-17

Physical Attributes:
Acceleration-16
Agility-14
Balance-15
Jumping-12
Natural Fitness-14
Pace-17
Stamina-15
Strenghts-14

Like i said before: error + or - 1 point...
it's about Vlad matches in Steaua t-shirt vs.other romanian teams in our first league,NOT PREMIER LEAGUE,he played just 2 games in his life vs a brittish team,Chelsea in Europa League ,Last 8 round in march 2013,1-0 victory home ,and 1-3 on Stamford Bridge (he scoring the only goal of Steaua in Chelsea stadium!) just thinking about his morale when he play on Stamford Bridge again,probably Cech will fear with Chiriches presence on the pitch...)
Thanks! for your attention

Last edited:
Guys, i don't say that i know the all the truth,but this i want to present for you all,what i saw in a year and a half (winter 2012-summer 2013) in the stadium Live,or from TV (i don't missed any Steaua game last season,or present preliminaries Ch.League 2013) about Vlad Chiriches.
These are my qualificatives (unofficial) ,trying so much possible to be objective about Vlad Chiriches,what he played for Steaua this time,I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL BE with him in England from now on (i hope to play like he did for Steaua the same thing),this data base of mine judging him like scouter... (if ,but i don't have diploma on this,just playing like i was scouter)
Football manager PC game style of judging him , possible error: + or - 1 point,in giving him qualificatives with him in full fit on the pitch.
So,that's being said ,this is my list about him (Steaua his games 2012-2013),Not what he will do for Tottenham (attention!),Steaua played always 1-4-2-3-1 system in this period of time.

Preferred Moves:
Gets Forward whenever Possible
Gets into opposition area (he’s crazy with that!)
Likes to play with the ball down,at his feet,not much aerial style (he’s style of playing,for sure,not aerial style of playing)

Feet:
Left foot-Strong
Right foot-Very Strong

Positions:
Central defender-left (Natural)
Central defender-right (Competent)
Right-Back (Accomplished) –just in case of emergency
Defensive Midfielder (Accomplished)- just in case of emergency
Left-Back –Unknown(I don’t see playing here in any Steaua game,maybe AVB find something…)

Born 14.11.1989 (23 years old and 10 months)
Height:1,84 metres
Weight:75 Kg
Earn: 1.200.000 euro on year (Tottenham)
5 years contract with the Spurs (expiring summer 2018)

on a scale from 1 to 20 (maximum):

Technical Attributes:
Corners-(Unknown,never had corners kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Crossing-12
Dribbling-16
Finishing-13
First touch-15
Free Kicks-12
Heading-10
Long Shots-15
Long Throws-12
Marking-15
Passing-15
Penalty Taking-(Unknown,never had penalty kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Tackling-16
Technique-16

Mental Attributes:
Aggresion-13
Anticipation-16
Bravery-18 (without fear!)
Composure-15
Concentration-16
Creativity-16
Decisions-17
Determination-18
Flair-15
Influence-18 (Steaua team mates said that Vlad influence was big inside the team)
Off the Ball-15
Positioning-16
Teamwork-18
Work Rate-17

Physical Attributes:
Acceleration-16
Agility-14
Balance-15
Jumping-12
Natural Fitness-14
Pace-17
Stamina-15
Strenghts-14

Like i said before: error + or - 1 point...
Thanks! for your attention

Blatant 'I play FM' post :avblol:

Without, admittedly, having seen the player previously, i have to suggest you've been slightly generous with those ratings. For a CB, especially with physical attributes as good as those (e.g Pace=17), he would be one of the top 5 CB's in the world!

Great insight though, thanks @ Dan D Dan D

Does anyone think he will be playing in the prem? Just wondering whose place he will take, when Kaboul is fit, I'm sure it will take a lot to shift him or Vertonghen of their perch.

Blatant 'I play FM' post :avblol:

Without, admittedly, having seen the player previously, i have to suggest you've been slightly generous with those ratings. For a CB, especially with physical attributes as good as those (e.g Pace=17), he would be one of the top 5 CB's in the world!

Great insight though, thanks @ Dan D Dan D
i said that he played in the games in romanian league for Steaua! (domestic games,not champions league,he played just in preliminaries ch.league and europa league 3 goals last season) ,i don't know if he maintain the same level for Tottenham,obviously a hard league for any player in the world,and better than romanian league, i hope to maintain his skills ,if he don't progress much more,still good even with these skills (like i said + or - 1 point)

Back
Top Bottom