Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday interview of Vlad Chiriches for the romanian press ("Pro Sport").
Because yesterday was Chelsea-Steaua in Champions League,the romanian journalists made a visit to Vlad in the headquarter of Tottenham,to ask him how he feels in London :)
(yesterday photo of Vlad)
yjbl.jpg

he smiled when was asked by reporter "how the Spurs fans pronounce his name"
Vlad: " it's funny,many say wrong like "Cicires" instead "Chiriches" (like "Kee-ree-Kesh") ,but many say just "Hey Vlad",it's more easier for them to say just "Vlad" :)
" I don't have any problem with my adaptation here,my fiancee living here by many years (with her parents,they all are citizens of London), when i was player of Steaua,i visit London many times in the past to visit her, before my arrival here to play for Tottenham,so, London was very known for me...we live in a rented house for the moment,but we think now to buy our house to live permanent here! i speak well the language,so,everything it's fine for me here..."
Recently he bought a car,Masseratti...

30uc.jpg

about his ex-team,Steaua, said " the most wonderful memory of me with Steaua was the match against Ajax Amsterdam" (last season in Europa League,last 16 round,2-0 for Steaua,when he scored the second goal that later eliminate the dutch team) "then when we became national champions,partying with the thousands of fans in the downtown of Bucharest,in a open bus,in the middle of the fans..."
here Chiriches in the front of the open bus ,in the first secs of the video keeping the trophy:

The he spoke about his present,Tottenham:
"Here i feel very well at Tottenham. AVB ? he's an excellent coach and the same like person,we (the players) communicate very well with him and he's relaxed (calm) person,and he's very dedicated (passionate) in what he do here..."
" I hope to play well here,to progress more in every match,and ,why not, to win a trophy with Tottenham,and to play in Champions League also..."

Seeing that the bin dippers are linked with Ilori at Sporting for a little less money than we paid for Vlad. He's 3 years younger and Portugese (as is our manager). Seems weird we didn't go in this direction (especially seeing as we like their targets;)).

Not being critical of Vlad as haven't seen him play and from what our Romanian friends tell we have a good player on our hands but just thought I'd ask those in the know (@ Jah Jah perhaps) about this kid in comparison?

Ilori is nowhere near Chiriches's level at the moment. He's played half a season for a piss poor Sporting side, and while his physical attributes are undeniable (particularly his incredible speed), he's clearly still going through the early stages of his development as a senior player. He's got horrible positioning and tactical awareness, for instance, and relies on his speed to bail him out - this worked quite well against the likes of Gil Vicente or Vitória de Setúbal, as it earned him praises for his tackles à la David Luiz, but better forward players will make him pay for it. Apart from this, he's also acted like an ungrateful twat towards the club that brought him up by refusing to sign a new contract, which doesn't exactly speak wonders about his character.
Don't get me wrong though, he's got huge potential, and I do mean world class potential. I just think this is a major step up too early in his career and that will end up stumping his development, as now he'll either be loaned out, or spend a full season splitting his time between Liverpool's bench and their reserves team. Either way, he'd be much better off at Sporting, playing regular first team football for a reborn side and under their excellent new manager.
tl;dr: Chiriches is a 23-year-old defender with 19 caps for his country and European experience, who'll be a great squad player for us and maybe even break into the first team; Ilori is a kid with huge potential, who might become better than Vlad in the long run, but right now he couldn't even make it as a squad player here. Leave him be.

These are my pics when i was inside the stadium to watch a game there,on "National Arena" Bucharest,Romania (56.000 places capacity)
a stadium ready in 2011,and he organized already Europe League Final 2012 (Atletico Madrid-Athletic Bilbao 3-0)
This is the stadium where Vlad Chiriches played from 2012-2013 for Steaua Bucuresti team and for the our national team ,also he will play this friday here in a warm atmosphere ,a decisive match like our captain, vs Hungary (6th september ,21.00 hour (here) ,19.00 hour in UK... rolling the scroll for a better view...
qnsy.jpg

or from another angle:
rzis.jpg

this is not mine ,but caption well all inside (day pic) from upper circle:
41l0.jpg

and other pic (not mine) but i liked his panoramic view (lower circle angle)
i forgot to mention that this stadium cost us 200 millions euro...what does crazy people when it's economic crisis over the world :cool:
dicq.jpg

Last edited:
Final score,2-0! (that was the score ,i predicted well! (i posted before the game, the final score, 2-0 ,in the topic "Tottenham-Norwich" ;)a beer for me!:p (i just wrong the scorers-i said Soldado and Eriksen,but was Sigurdsson -2 goals)
Second half started in the same manner ,like in the first half,with the Spurs making huge pressure on the Norwich defense,and Sigurdsson score again in the min.49 ,after another good action on the axe-Eriksen to Paulinho,who cross for a Sigurdsson secure goal,2-0.
I like the song of Spurs fans (min.52) soon after 2-0 (watched the game on PC,stream net, with headphones ,and i felt like in a cathedral atmosphere!) a beer from me for the Spurs fans!:thumbup:
Sigurdsson,good shot from distance ,min.60,Townsend min.66 good chance to score after some good passes action ,(Eriksen very good today was substitute in the min.70 with Holtby) ,Sigurdsson (key player of the day ,scoring twice was substitute in the min 78 with Sandro),debut also for Lamela min 82 in the place of Dembele.
Lloris yellow card in the min.85 was dangerous ,risking to punch the ball off the penalty area.
Overall,today i watched a very good game from the Spurs players,
Tottenham - Norwich 2-0 (1-0)
1-0: Sigurdsson (28)
2-0: Sigurdsson (49)

(my ratings,from a scale to 1 (min) to 10 (max)):
Lloris(7)
Walker (7)------Dawson(7)------Vertonghen (7,5)------Rose (8,5)
Paulinho(7,5)---Dembele (7)
Townsend (7,5)--------Eriksen(8)---------Sigurdsson(8,5)
Soldado (7)

substitutes: Holtby (6,5) min 70 for Eriksen
Sandro (6,5) min.78 for Sigurdsson
Lamela (6,5) min 82 for Dembele.

Last edited:
well deserved.

and very sad that he'll miss the play-offs for Romania, as he's their best player and now captain...
Latest news !!! a hope come today !!!
Vlad Chiriches insisted to play and delay his nose surgery,because he wants to play for the national team (the second leg,in Bucharest)! he will wear a special mask ordered for him from Italy,and saturday he will fly to Bucharest ( for the next game,second leg Romania-Greece, tuesday,19th november)!

chances to play in the first leg in Greece = 0%
chances to play in the second leg in Romania = 50% now :) (at least is not 0%) :)
kfml.jpg

Last edited:
I'm Vlad. I have the ball.

I'm taking it out of defense. I spot an obvious pass. Maybe it's too obvious.

I'll move up to midfield. Gosh its crowded here. Obvious pass is still on. I'm suspicious about it though.

I'll take it past the halfway line. There are two guys in front of me. I should probably make that obvious pass that is, surprisingly, still on.

I think I've gone as far as I can go. I'm being challenged now. Time to make that pass.

Shit. Intercepted.

I think we will see different selection depending on the team we face ( and injuries / availability of course). Each of our CBs have different attributes, strengths and weaknesses to offer. Overall our best Defender is clearly Jan.

Today big ,important match ,here, Romania-Hungary (World Cup Preliminaries 2014 Brazil)
situation in the Group "D" BEFORE this game

1. Netherlands 6 6 0 0 20 - 2 18p
2. Hungary 6 3 2 1 13 - 8 11p
3. Romania 6 3 1 2 10 - 10 10p
4. Turkey 6 2 1 3 7 - 7 7p
5. Estonia 6 2 0 4 3 - 9 6p
6. Andorra 6 0 0 6 0 - 17 0p

The game will start local time Bucharest 21.00,and in UK ,19.00 hour (London time)
Spurs fans if they are interested to watch what Chiriches does,if is not Live in TV ,SEARCH on stream net,for ex www.wiziwig.tv or other sites that you know better,if you want to see the match.

Possible teams tonight:
ROMANIA (1-4-2-3-1): Tatarusanu(GK)-Rat (LB-cpt),Chiriches(LCB),Goian(RCB),Matel(RB) -Bourceanu (DM),Pintilii (DM) - Torje(AMR),Maxim(AMC),Tanase(AML)-Marica (ST)

HUNGARY (1-4-2-3-1): Bogdan (GK) - Laczko(LB),Guzmics(LCB),Korcsmar(RCB),Vanczak(RB)-Hajnal(DM),Varga(DM)-Koman(AMR),Bode(AMC),Dzsudzsak(AML)-Szalai(ST)

ALREADY INCENDIARY GAME,big interest here ,because cold relationship between romania and hungary,during from centuries...harsh rivalry even in sport.

2500-3000 hungarians (last night) ,in the train to Bucharest:

and 50.000 romanians in the stadium,that mean explosive match:

so,no USA-SYRIA war ,is just Romania-Hungary war tonight...:parker::ninja::ninja::smesh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom