Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seeing that the bin dippers are linked with Ilori at Sporting for a little less money than we paid for Vlad. He's 3 years younger and Portugese (as is our manager). Seems weird we didn't go in this direction (especially seeing as we like their targets;)).

Not being critical of Vlad as haven't seen him play and from what our Romanian friends tell we have a good player on our hands but just thought I'd ask those in the know (@ Jah Jah perhaps) about this kid in comparison?

Cos the rest if the family are now packing their transits and caravans and heading the trail to Enfield
i know this was a joke,sorry boys ,if you think that romanians are the same with gypsies,they are minority here (gypsies),Romania like country ,20 millions inhabitants,while 87% are native romanians (whites,caucasians type-Vlad Chiriches is romanian) and like minorities 6,5% are hungarians,and 3% gypsies,the rest are serbs,germans,ukrainians,italians et
Romania is a latin country ,and part of the same family language (romance) -italians,french,spanish,portuguese,rheto-roman (in Switzerland part)
don't take serious what your tabloids (scandal press) said about some persons with ID CARD romanian
"caravans" is their tradition of the gypsies culture,not for romanians...
More infos who want to know more,search for ROMANIA on english wikipedia...about everything...
Thanks,Dan.
Cheers,people!

i forgot to mention that Vlad Chiriches is not the first romanian player who play for Tottenham ,he's the third !
Previously ,was Gheorghe Popescu (1994-1995) ,and Ilie Dumitrescu (1994-1995)
just for the record :)

Seeing that the bin dippers are linked with Ilori at Sporting for a little less money than we paid for Vlad. He's 3 years younger and Portugese (as is our manager). Seems weird we didn't go in this direction (especially seeing as we like their targets;)).

Not being critical of Vlad as haven't seen him play and from what our Romanian friends tell we have a good player on our hands but just thought I'd ask those in the know (@ Jah Jah perhaps) about this kid in comparison?

Ilori is nowhere near Chiriches's level at the moment. He's played half a season for a piss poor Sporting side, and while his physical attributes are undeniable (particularly his incredible speed), he's clearly still going through the early stages of his development as a senior player. He's got horrible positioning and tactical awareness, for instance, and relies on his speed to bail him out - this worked quite well against the likes of Gil Vicente or Vitória de Setúbal, as it earned him praises for his tackles à la David Luiz, but better forward players will make him pay for it. Apart from this, he's also acted like an ungrateful twat towards the club that brought him up by refusing to sign a new contract, which doesn't exactly speak wonders about his character.
Don't get me wrong though, he's got huge potential, and I do mean world class potential. I just think this is a major step up too early in his career and that will end up stumping his development, as now he'll either be loaned out, or spend a full season splitting his time between Liverpool's bench and their reserves team. Either way, he'd be much better off at Sporting, playing regular first team football for a reborn side and under their excellent new manager.
tl;dr: Chiriches is a 23-year-old defender with 19 caps for his country and European experience, who'll be a great squad player for us and maybe even break into the first team; Ilori is a kid with huge potential, who might become better than Vlad in the long run, but right now he couldn't even make it as a squad player here. Leave him be.

Ilori is nowhere near Chiriches's level at the moment. He's played half a season for a piss poor Sporting side, and while his physical attributes are undeniable (particularly his incredible speed), he's clearly still going through the early stages of his development as a senior player. He's got horrible positioning and tactical awareness, for instance, and relies on his speed to bail him out - this worked quite well against the likes of Gil Vicente or Vitória de Setúbal, as it earned him praises for his tackles à la David Luiz, but better forward players will make him pay for it. Apart from this, he's also acted like an ungrateful twat towards the club that brought him up by refusing to sign a new contract, which doesn't exactly speak wonders about his character.
Don't get me wrong though, he's got huge potential, and I do mean world class potential. I just think this is a major step up too early in his career and that will end up stumping his development, as now he'll either be loaned out, or spend a full season splitting his time between Liverpool's bench and their reserves team. Either way, he'd be much better off at Sporting, playing regular first team football for a reborn side and under their excellent new manager.
tl;dr: Chiriches is a 23-year-old defender with 19 caps for his country and European experience, who'll be a great squad player for us and maybe even break into the first team; Ilori is a kid with huge potential, who might become better than Vlad in the long run, but right now he couldn't even make it as a squad player here. Leave him be.
Sounds like the next Coates for them then!

Much more about him: last season in Europe league ,he (Vlad) scored 3 goals for Steaua (1 against Molde ,that "bycicle kick 2-0 victory on home field,1 vs Ajax that "folha seca" 2-0 victory ,Steaua eliminate giant dutch team Ajax Amsterdam (Eriksen was rival of Chiriches),1 GOAL vs CHELSEA ,after 1-0 victory home for Steaua,on "Stamford Bridge" second leg ,the blues score first 1-0 ,then Steaua draw 1-1 (Chiriches min.45) ,but in the second half Chelsea scored twice for 3-1 victory...lucky bastards (LAST 8 round) :D funny after that rivalry meeting Steaua - Ajax (now Chiriches and Eriksen are team mates on White Hart Lane... :)

ohh, i see many Spurs fans didn't know to say his name correct ,it's simple:
CHIRICHES
Like "Kee-Ree-Kesh" (last part "Kesh" simmilar sound of "Marra"kesh" (remember that old song? Goombay Dance Band - Marrakesh,search on youtube the song or here)

Boa descrição
Good description!

I'd like to give a belated welcome to Dan and eXe, it's nice to hear stuff about players from guys who have actually seen them play for real, not in Football Manager...

Your second post in 8 months, were you saving your words up or something? Great post btw.

Thanks,
I'd like to give a belated welcome to Dan and eXe, it's nice to hear stuff about players from guys who have actually seen them play for real, not in Football Manager...
Thanks,but i seen every games of Steaua in the stadium or in TV,STEAUA european games is with our stadium on full capacity (over 50.000 fans) doesn't matter if guest teams are from Norway or from England or Denmark (National Arena Bucharest 56.000 places on seats),we make atmosphere ,steaua players give all their best could do in every game,like now ,qualifying in Champions League now ,group "E" ,with "Chelski" boys of Mou, (AGAIN! damn blues russians!) Schalke (Germany) and FC Basel (Switzerland)...and that's because Chiriches playing 4 games in preliminaries (vs Vardar Skopje (Macedonia) and Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia),with Legia Warsaw (Poland) in the play-off ,don't play in these 2 games ,because Tottenham said that to him to not risk an injury and the transfer to be cancelled...but Steaua qualify without him...with some emotions (1-1 home and 2-2 away) in ch.league group stage for this season...
Many Steaua fans hoping that Chiriches don't leave the team A MONTH AGO,because is that kind of the player that his team mates feeling secure with him on the pitch,and when he don't play are a little insecure,but this is evolution, made that him to leave Steaua for a next challenge of his career (23 years old),now i'm very curious on how him will play on W.H.L stadium,of course ,a better league,than LIGA1 (Romania)...

P.S. AC MILAN offer him before Tottenham, 7 millions euro ,and AS Roma ,near 5 millions ,was close to sign with him ,but Spurs offer was superior ,near 10 millions (9,5 mill) and that made decision Steaua to let him go...

Last edited:
For the record I think Vlad is great! I love him already!
he is superior than Vertonghen (his rival on the same position on the field) ,in just 2-3 weeks,they will switch position between them (Chiriches in first 11,Vertonghen his reserve on the bench) :) we will see...
and that's don't because i'm romanian,simple ,is superior of Vertonghen in skills) :;)

Friday ,6th september 2013,Romania-Hungary ,with Vlad Chiriches first game like captain...what more to say ,this guy,catch the big wave now ,surfing at high level...i hope to remain up in the top how much he can

Last edited:
Thanks,

Thanks,but i seen every games of Steaua in the stadium or in TV,STEAUA european games is with our stadium on full capacity (over 50.000 fans) doesn't matter if guest teams are from Norway or from England or Denmark (National Arena Bucharest 56.000 places on seats),we make atmosphere ,steaua players give all their best could do in every game,like now ,qualifying in Champions League now ,group "E" ,with "Chelski" boys of Mou, (AGAIN! damn blues russians!) Schalke (Germany) and FC Basel (Switzerland)...and that's because Chiriches playing 4 games in preliminaries (vs Vardar Skopje (Macedonia) and Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia),with Legia Warsaw (Poland) in the play-off ,don't play in these 2 games ,because Tottenham said that to him to not risk an injury and the transfer to be cancelled...but Steaua qualify without him...with some emotions (1-1 home and 2-2 away) in ch.league group stage for this season...
Many Steaua fans hoping that Chiriches don't leave the team A MONTH AGO,because is that kind of the player that his team mates feeling secure with him on the pitch,and when he don't play are a little insecure,but this is evolution, made that him to leave Steaua for a next challenging of his career (23 years old),now i'm very curious on how him will play on W.H.L stadium,of course ,a better league,than LIGA1 (Romania)...

P.S. AC MILAN offer him before Tottenham 7 millions euro ,and AS Roma ,near 5 millions ,was close to sign with him ,but Spurs offer was superior ,near 10 millions (9,5 mill) and that made decision Steaua to let him go...

We know all about losing star players, good luck in the Champions league.

We know all about losing star players, good luck in the Champions league.
Thanks, we will need a luck,but is hard ,first game vs Schalke (away) then home vs .CHELSEA ! (last season we won against them home 1-0 (Chiriches played that game), but was that game in Europe League ,now in Champions League seems to be more hard to beat them...not impossible!

he is superior than Vertonghen (his rival on the same position on the field) ,in just 2-3 weeks,they will switch position between them (Chiriches in first 11,Vertonghen his reserve on the bench) :) we will see...
and that's don't because i'm romanian,simple ,is superior of Vertonghen in skills) :;)

Bold statements my friend. Honestly though if he's even two thirds of the player that Vertonghen is then the fans here will adore him

Back
Top Bottom