Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When I was watching the Hull game at the Lane there was a couple guys sat behind me slating Chiriches all game long, saying he was absolute shit and that he was the worst defender we had ever signed.

Some people shouldn't be allowed in the stadium.

So we got £9m if I recall for Caulker and managed to get Vlad for £8.5m

That's a class transfer. Especially for a player we were all apprehensive about at first. Making a £500k-ish profit and getting a player that's a whole lot better (Vlad just oozes class) than Caulker in the process. Could turn out to be the bargain of the season, Levy really is fantastic at times.

Don't forget that Dan D was included in the deal. I think that was a treat aimed directly at us from the good baldie.

Great first day to start an year! isn't it? Vlad after the match...:dwi:

zomc.jpg

Premier League,season 2014/2015,16th august,weekday 1:
Woolwich - Crystal Palace
Burnley - Chelsea
Man Utd - Swansea
West Ham - Tottenham
Newcastle - Man City
Leicester - Everton
Liverpool - Sothampton
QPR - Hull
Stoke - Aston Villa
West Brom - Sunderland

:) away first match ,at our "friends" :D let's make 3-0 revenge victory on their pitch

You are allowed to post in other threads you know dan

See its transfers like this that prove beyond doubt how little these ITKs know. Did one single one call it?

Too busy giving out false info about the stories that are currently in the papers and therefore common knowledge

Last News: Vlad Chiriches comeback today in Romania some hours ago,he still wait for work permit in England (hard beauracracy there in England more than european continent,i think is too much rainy days there :)),despite he sign all of thing of papers,he don't make debut today because of that.
Being free of that ,AVB send him to Romania to join national team ,next game home ,in Bucharest, 6th september (5 days remaining) vs. Hungary ,a decisive game for us,Romania MUST win this match to keep the chances up for a qualification to WC 2014 (Brazil),a failure (losing) send OUT Romania for WC 2014,CRUCIAL GAME for Romania ,much more on 10 th september (Home again) vs. Turkey... so until 11th september ,Vlad Chiriches play for the national team,like captain,his new role, receiving credit by manager of Romania,Victor Piturca.
Anyway ,Vlad Chiriches will return in London just on 11th september (and until that date ,i hope will receive the work permit to play in Premier League... here click to see pics with him today on Bucharest Airport...
http://www.sport.ro/nationala/chiri...pe-becali-daca-l-vedea-gigi-nu-mai-pleca.html
and he make declaration to the press,i translate for you what he said:
"i had big emotions before because i wanted to much to realyse this transfer (for Tottenham), it's normal to think at my ex-team mates (Steaua players) but this is life ,even in football,every player should follow his way...AVB said to me when i signed for the Spurs ,that he's very glad because this transfer was perfected and to be in his squad..."
"... Will be hard for me to impose in the team in the beginning,very good players there, must to work hard to impose myself in my new team,i hope soon" (Tottenham)

Something like that he said ,in an interview for the romanian press ,today 1th september ,18.00 hour (16.00 hour in UK) on the airport of Bucharest...now he's in the romanian headquarter of the national team.
i will translate for you everything he will say in this time when he will stay for the national team 1th september-11th september) ,just sorry for my bad english...i hope you understand what i writte here,and hollywood movies teach me (for a little) when i download them free on net :p if you don't understand anything,blame them (hollywood actors) not me! :)

Last edited:
Guys, i don't say that i know the all the truth,but this i want to present for you all,what i saw in a year and a half (winter 2012-summer 2013) in the stadium Live,or from TV (i don't missed any Steaua game last season,or present preliminaries Ch.League 2013) about Vlad Chiriches.
These are my qualificatives (unofficial) ,trying so much possible to be objective about Vlad Chiriches,what he played for Steaua this time,I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL BE with him in England from now on (i hope to play like he did for Steaua the same thing),this data base of mine judging him like scouter... (if ,but i don't have diploma on this,just playing like i was scouter)
Football manager PC game style of judging him , possible error: + or - 1 point,in giving him qualificatives with him in full fit on the pitch.
So,that's being said ,this is my list about him (Steaua his games 2012-2013),Not what he will do for Tottenham (attention!),Steaua played always 1-4-2-3-1 system in this period of time.

Preferred Moves:
Gets Forward whenever Possible
Gets into opposition area (he’s crazy with that!)
Likes to play with the ball down,at his feet,not much aerial style (he’s style of playing,for sure,not aerial style of playing)

Feet:
Left foot-Strong
Right foot-Very Strong

Positions:
Central defender-left (Natural)
Central defender-right (Competent)
Right-Back (Accomplished) –just in case of emergency
Defensive Midfielder (Accomplished)- just in case of emergency
Left-Back –Unknown(I don’t see playing here in any Steaua game,maybe AVB find something…)

Born 14.11.1989 (23 years old and 10 months)
Height:1,84 metres
Weight:75 Kg
Earn: 1.200.000 euro on year (Tottenham)
5 years contract with the Spurs (expiring summer 2018)

on a scale from 1 to 20 (maximum):

Technical Attributes:
Corners-(Unknown,never had corners kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Crossing-12
Dribbling-16
Finishing-13
First touch-15
Free Kicks-12
Heading-10
Long Shots-15
Long Throws-12
Marking-15
Passing-15
Penalty Taking-(Unknown,never had penalty kicks for Steaua,others was responssible with that)
Tackling-16
Technique-16

Mental Attributes:
Aggresion-13
Anticipation-16
Bravery-18 (without fear!)
Composure-15
Concentration-16
Creativity-16
Decisions-17
Determination-18 (good on that,wants to give maximum what he could during the match)
Flair-15 (remember that his goal bycicle kick vs.Molde (Europa League)?,need"balls" to do that like defender in the penalty opposition area!)
Influence-18 (Steaua team mates said that Vlad influence was big inside the team)
Off the Ball-15
Positioning-16
Teamwork-18 (good on that ,help his team mates in defense or in attack!)
Work Rate-17

Physical Attributes:
Acceleration-16
Agility-14
Balance-15
Jumping-12
Natural Fitness-14
Pace-17
Stamina-15
Strenghts-14

Like i said before: error + or - 1 point...
it's about Vlad matches in Steaua t-shirt vs.other romanian teams in our first league,NOT PREMIER LEAGUE,he played just 2 games in his life vs a brittish team,Chelsea in Europa League ,Last 8 round in march 2013,1-0 victory home ,and 1-3 on Stamford Bridge (he scoring the only goal of Steaua in Chelsea stadium!) just thinking about his morale when he play on Stamford Bridge again,probably Cech will fear with Chiriches presence on the pitch...)
Thanks! for your attention

Last edited:
OFF-TOPIC
What the hell! ,i'm drunk as f...k now ,almost 04:30 AM ,yesterday was my birthday,i was with my mates and our girls in the town,in a nightclub ,was fun ,music and drinks ...girls asses dancing up on the tables...anyway, this is my gift for you, 2 VIDEO music and images from nightclub in Romania,and a big cake from me to you all,DJ put the music on...LOUDER! let the girls going crazy,for us!

continue...

I SHARE THIS big cake with you all,thanks!
c3zo.jpg

Last edited:
Happy new year! to all Spurs fans around the world...Good Bye all! and have all of you a great night ,see you... in the next day ,tomorrow game Man.Utd - Spurs !

luy4.jpg

stjm.jpg

690 posts in a thread about a player who has played once for Tottenham.

Gotta love and admire Dan's enthusiasm.

:bae:
I wonder if on some godforsaken message board in a dusty corner of the internet there's a epic three year old thread started by a South African Dan D about our exciting new CB signing Bongani Khumalo. I'd like to think he's still out there posting breathless updates like a Japanese WWII holdout...

Chiriches started as right centre back this match.
Penalty for Romania min.9 !
Marica 1-0!
Half Time: Greece – Romania 0-1 (Marica min.9 – penalty kick)

Chiriches good intervention min 35, eliminating a dangerous situation in our box.
Not many to say ,Greeks won possession ball,but romanians stayed well in defence…searching for the counter-attacks,and was close to score another 2 goals…one was a head after a corner cross in min 41…the greeks don’t had a situation to score in the first half ,just a possession ball.
…waiting now for the second half
Red card for Marica (2 yellow cards) ,min 52 ,Romania play in 10 men….damn it.
Romania parking the bus now in hard defence,in 10 men,hoping to do everything could ,the greeks make pressure…
Manolas (Greece hit the post min 88!) :adeohshit:
it’s like Verdun ,romanians resist in trenches until now…stoppage time now (+4 minutes ,still 1-0 for Romania)
huge bombardment in our half of the pitch,Romania won this match away In Greece! :adebaehug::adegrin2::adegrin::ade: with 1-0 ,being in 10 men almost 40 minutes (Marica- red card min 52)
Chiriches perfect all 90 minutes !!! was under pressure in the second half ,but don’t mistake nothing !!! he played all the match as right centre back!

Last edited:
Cos the rest if the family are now packing their transits and caravans and heading the trail to Enfield
i know this was a joke,sorry boys ,if you think that romanians are the same with gypsies,they are minority here (gypsies),Romania like country ,20 millions inhabitants,while 87% are native romanians (whites,caucasians type-Vlad Chiriches is romanian) and like minorities 6,5% are hungarians,and 3% gypsies,the rest are serbs,germans,ukrainians,italians et
Romania is a latin country ,and part of the same family language (romance) -italians,french,spanish,portuguese,rheto-roman (in Switzerland part)
don't take serious what your tabloids (scandal press) said about some persons with ID CARD romanian
"caravans" is their tradition of the gypsies culture,not for romanians...
More infos who want to know more,search for ROMANIA on english wikipedia...about everything...
Thanks,Dan.
Cheers,people!

now the group stage "D" ,after tonight results
Romania-Hungary 3-0;Estonia-Netherlands 2-2;Turkey-Andorra 5-0
1. Netherlands 7 6 1 0 22 - 4 19p
2. Romania 7 4 1 2 13 - 10 13p
3. Hungary 7 3 2 2 13 - 11 11p
4. Turkey 7 3 1 3 12 - 7 10p
5. Estonia 7 2 1 4 5 - 11 7 p
6. Andorra 7 0 0 7 0 - 22 0p

i find the video ,one fresh on YT,about Romania-Hungary 3-0
(Steaua scoring "twice"; tonight ,the goal no.2 ,and no.3,ex-team mates of Chiriches.
1-0: Ciprian Marica min.2 (free player,striker,still without team)
2-0: Mihai Pintilii min.30 (Steaua defensive midfielder player)
3-0: Cristian Tanase min 87 (Steaua playmaker,or AML)

and a pic of Chiriches (left) as captain,happy,for a MAXIM result tonight,3-0.
7vdd.jpg

first game as new captain! Lucky??? i hope so (Vlad Chiriches face was like "you,buddy,smile now,you will cry later,we impaling you all, tonight!")
3hw3.jpg

Last edited:
He is the very model of a centre back Romanian,
His skills are more akin of being west mediterranean,
He'll catch a flying winger and then own him like a minion,
Making the kind of tackle that draws positive opinion,
He strides forward, and his opponents feel inconsequential,
And when he scores a blinder his fans get all reverential,
He's Tottenham Hotspur's number six, he redefines the role afresh,
He's captain of his national team. Nomenclature: Vlad Chiricheș.

Back
Top Bottom