Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi Dan, it seems Vlad's knee is holding up better than you and the Romanian medics feared. Do you think he'll be okay today, or is this the dreaded 'one game too far'.

I think he has to play, but I'm very worried he won't last the pace and intensity of it all.
he look ok now (fitness),was more obvious in the last game he made a really good match,(not romanian medics,was about Spurs medic staff) if they stop to make injections before the match ,in the present, it is a sign that everything going well,i know that he have big morale now...he's a player of morale...and he always play well when he have high morale...
yes, it's a little worry about this rhythm,with playing every game at every 3 days,one after another,knowing that in the romanian first league (a feeder league for west) don't exist this (no league cup here) ,here the rhythm is one game at every 5-7 days ,excepting just Steaua (his ex-team) where he played every game at every 4 days (first league,romanian cup,national team and european competition)

Get Super Jan back and then Vlad can get a bit adventurous!
from my point of view,will be a show with these 2 players in as centre backs,the team increase more attack skills,because both defenders (Vlad and Jan) have creativity in their pockets to show, they are that type of players =continental style ,with the ball at their feet ,less aerial style playing, Dawson play old brittish school, "kick and run",superior on aerial duels,but less technical skills that Jan and Vlad... a mixture of this kind of players (Dawson,Jan,Kaboul and Vlad) always is good for the team... Jan and Dawson have the advantage that they played more matches together,while Vlad is a newcomer ,just 4 months has passed after his arrival on WHL...

When Jan will make comeback ,that doesn't mean that Vlad will stay on the bench permanent,what some fans from this forum believe,will come a rest time even for him,impossible to play all the matches until the end of the season ,in my opinion, will be a"rotation" mode , 2-3 matches in a row for each one,then maybe 1-2 rest (pause) ,because here is also the 4th centre back Kaboul,who will play when he will be back on fit, the season is long in Premier League,Europa League,could be a target for the Spurs ,if the team will eliminate Dnepr ,then maybe Benfica Lisabon (ex-team of Chiriches =youth time, 2 years there)

he look ok now (fitness),was more obvious in the last game he made a really good match,(not romanian medics,was about Spurs medic staff) if they stop to make injections before the match ,in the present, it is a sign that everything going well,i know that he have big morale now...he's a player of morale...and he always play well when he have high morale...
yes, it's a little worry about this rhythm,with playing every game at every 3 days,one after another,knowing that in the romanian first league (a feeder league for west) don't exist this (no league cup here) ,here the rhythm is one game at every 5-7 days ,excepting just Steaua (his ex-team) where he played every game at every 4 days (first league,romanian cup,national team and european competition)
cheers for info, here's hoping he does the business today.

Spurs lost freshness after the game with Man.Utd 3 days ago, hard to play at such intensity with hard teams (2 matches in their home pitch!) one won ,the second game lost... now 7 days until the next match ,with Crystal Palace home (Premier League) ...all the best in Premier League and then with Europe League ,to try something there ,maybe a final...who knows...

fine piece of political incorrectness you are
romanian press is on fire after what said english commentators on tv ... i don't want to comment more,no politics for me here... just football

eeehh, what the fuck ,i'm on fire now myself :
i just want to add that Prince Charles of England stay during the summer every in Romania (especially in Transylvannia area ,he buy 8 houses (mansions) here ...lovely weather here in the summer,fresh air,forests,mountains,birds singing,sunny breeze ,peacefully silence far away from british paparazzi :D... and many english pensioners come here for the lovely weather ,far away from UK foggy always rainy weather...in more number ,and nobody are upset, free travel for anyone ,that's for me ,if you like to stay ,stay here, in Romania you will find ,orthodox monasteries, catholic churches,muslim mosques and jewish synagogues one near other in the same city ,and nobody complaint about that, not even one problem about religions or other issues...
after that tabloids from UK start an incredible brutal campaign vs romanians and bulgarians (absolutely political) ...
In the meantime romanian press start a campaign
INVITING PEOPLE FROM UK to come here ,offering job places for brittish citizens and other stuff etc with humour :)
http://whydontyoucomeover.gandul.info/

Last edited:
i just want to add that Prince Charles of England stay during the summer every in Romania (especially in Transylvannia area ,he buy 8 houses (mansions) ...lovely weather here in the summer,fresh air,forests,mountains,birds singing,sunny breeze ,peacefully silence far away from british paparazzi :D... and english pensioners come here for the lovely weather ,far away from UK weather...

Dan, are you saying that Prince Charles is a fine advert for English eccentricity and an inability to avoid an imperialist and generally wanky attitude towards peoples, foreign and domestic, in general?

Dan, are you saying that Prince Charles is a fine advert for English eccentricity and an inability to avoid an imperialist and generally wanky attitude towards peoples, foreign and domestic, in general?
what i know he love to come here, every time he wants that ,i will post some videos soon

Reasons (all real) why brittish citizens should choice Romania:
click here:http://whydontyoucomeover.gandul.info/
:))
2ehn.jpg

v6jh.jpg

48c8.jpg

lfr2.jpg

1jb2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a student from Romania studying at the university of Hertfordshire (first year). Since I've been here I have never once stumbled on the topic of the Romanian immigrants in conversations. As any topic the press exaggerates everything (yeah 25 mill Romanians and Bulgarians will conquer GB!!) Anyone that wanted to work in the UK before managed just as easily to get a work permit so I dont see what the fuss is about:)
Tbh anyone that has read a book or knows the reality of things wont be bothered by this.

Got a leaflet through my door earlier from a Romanian offering to provide cleaning services at £10 per hour

Looked them up on Facebook and they had a couple of hundred friends, mostly Romanian, also living here

Not sure why we need hundreds of unskilled Romanian's, or how working for £10 an hour, CASH IN HAND, is going to benefit the country

Last edited:
I want to take time out to explore Eastern Europe. It seems like a beautiful place with beautiful women.

And if I can already say 'biscuit' then I'm not far off sorted, am I?

I'm a student from Romania studying at the university of Hertfordshire (first year). Since I've been here I have never once stumbled on the topic of the Romanian immigrants in conversations. As any topic the press exaggerates everything (yeah 25 mill Romanians and Bulgarians will conquer GB!!) Anyone that wanted to work in the UK before managed just as easily to get a work permit so I dont see what the fuss is about:)
Tbh anyone that has read a book or knows the reality of things wont be bothered by this.

Exactly this. It is the agenda of our press. Not the people. On the whole, we really couldn't care. If you come to work / learn then fine by me no matter who you are.

Back
Top Bottom