Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People saying that LVG is short term appointment and maybe he is but I'd take three good years from a coach who is more likely to leave the club in a better place than he found it anyway. Since Nicholson retired only Burkinshaw, Venables, and Redknapp have been at the club for three full seasons.

Also the idea that he won't be motivated is erroneous. The man is a complete psychopath and consumed only with winning everything possible, like Mourinho. He isn't coming to the Premier League because of a money grab but rather because he wants to try to further cement his legacy as one of the greatest managers of all time.

Any managerial appointment can go wrong for a litany of reasons but LVG is certainly the safest choice we could make. In his almost 25 years as a manager he's only had one failure and that was his first stint with the Dutch national team where they failed to qualify for the 2000 World Cup. Besides that he's won a league title with every club including with a traditionally smaller club AZ Alkmaar. Three time Champions League finalist as well.

On paper he would be our greatest managerial signing and it wouldn't be close.

Last edited:
th

Roman Pavlyuchenko has to be his love child.

Martinez is on to a good thing at Everton, he has a chairman that will do pretty much anything he asks and he has a young squad that obviously play for him, likely qualifying for Champions League in the process...

Why he would want to leave that to come to work under Levy is beyond me.

Hmmmm, that is an interesting point, can anyone think of any other clubs worldwide that have to put up with as much shit as us?

The problem with us is we don't realise how good we've got it, the amount of clubs that would love to be in our position; strong financially, good young squad, a new stadium in the works etc

Last edited:
I'll take a short term appointment that works over a speculative long term one.

What is a long term manager anymore even? Pardew, Allardyce, Rodgers and Hughton are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th longest tenured managers in the league currently.

If AVB had earned top 4 with us this season he probably would have been off to Barca or something. He almost left for PSG this summer as is. The mythical long term appointment doesn't exist in the same way it used to. Give me someone who can win and get us playing good football. I don't give a fuck if they are 95 years old. One good managerial appointment will begat another because it will mean the club is in a better spot and more attractive.

I may be paranoid but this just reeks of sky looking to rock our boat again.

"Sherwood is doing a pretty good job, lets run a few stories about Spurs getting rid of him."

Well yeah of course he wont commit....

I still stand by what I said months ago that Moyes will NOT be sacked in the summer.
Yer, I think they'd be jumping too soon if they sacked him this summer, he should at least be given this window and up to October/November to turn it around.

LvG still my first choice, miles ahead of Pochettino/Laudrup imo.

I don't want Pochettino, I am not really sure what he can bring to the club. Shared translation costs with Soldado? Jokes aside he might be promising but have never won anything during his [only] 3 years of coaching.

LvG, is short-term and basically only have a few weeks between national duties and the next season. How is he going have time to get involved with transfers, implement a new system and learning how the league works? Might not work out too well.

Like I said before, the best thing we could do is to aim for Roberto Martinez. He is the one that thick most of the boxes and since it is highly plausible that Everton yet again don't have any money and will miss out of CL... We might actually be able to get him

We. Are. Not. Getting. Martinez.

Back
Top Bottom