Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But what has he actually said?

We all know that Levy visited him to watch a football matach, and LVG declined the job.

All Gullit has done is reiterate that same old story with an opinion. Nothing new here whatsoever.

If anything, it's a hint to the Utd & Woolwich boards. "If you don't hire me I'll go to Tottenham....I'm serious...... Really, I'm not joking - I will...."
"I know for sure he was at Van Gaal's house, the [Spurs] chairman. I think it's a done deal.''

All I care a about whether it's LVG or De Boer or anybody of a decent calibre is that the decision is made EARLY, you often hear "after World Cup X is becoming manager of Y" why can't we for once be a big club and have that?

It would give piece of mind, for the manager, for us, for the players instead of a summer of roulette and guessing games which will be damaging to everyone

There were rumours a couple of weeks ago that there is a deal in place for a young manager to be LvG's understudy, but it was from itk on SC, so you know, pinch of salt and all that. Which is kind of what made me think Sherwood might stay on. But if it's not him I would like Ramsay to be kept on, he's highly respected and knows all the youth players. As for LvG spending, he's someone who likes to work with youth and better players, woudl love to see what he can do with what we already have. Though of course there are some areas that will need investment. Left back and Centre back for example. Aldervalderwhatever his name is wouldn't be a bad shout.
Alderweireld. Come on, it's easy to spell...
:adegrin:

I don't think that Moyes will get sacked you know. I don't think that van Gaal will go to Woolwich either. That's not to say that he will come to us though. Levy will probably dick about with some minor clause in his contract and he will get fucked off and retire.

This is not ITK just opinion. There was rumours as someone mentioned about a young manager and levy and lvg meeting. Also, before sherwood came in it was well rumoured he was being groomed to be manager in the future. Now sherwood is coming out talking about future targets hes given Levy. I wouldnt be surprised if Baldini gets the sack and sherwood learns off LVG for a couple of years, at the same time being director of football and choosing the transfers for his future team which van gall will help gel together for about 3 seasons. At the same time sherwood does his coaching badges and learns from LVG. Again all just opinion.

This is not ITK just opinion. There was rumours as someone mentioned about a young manager and levy and lvg meeting. Also, before sherwood came in it was well rumoured he was being groomed to be manager in the future. Now sherwood is coming out talking about future targets hes given Levy. I wouldnt be surprised if Baldini gets the sack and sherwood learns off LVG for a couple of years, at the same time being director of football and choosing the transfers for his future team which van gall will help gel together for about 3 seasons. At the same time sherwood does his coaching badges and learns from LVG. Again all just opinion.
Sherwood's too proud for that. Like a horse.

This has got a touch of
Chelsea-Football-Club-sign-25-year-old-Brazilian-Willian-Borges-da-Silva-2233509.jpg
about it!

Theres pride an then theres being realistic, hes an unqualified rooky manager, hes not gonna get another prem team to go manage and had avb worked out he would be doing the same job.

He had an awful lot of offers before he was even close to being our interim and then manager, I wouldn't be so sure...

Sherwood's too proud for that. Like a horse.

Idunno.. Sherwood is proud, loud and can be arrogant, but he doesn't strike me as particularly stupid. Eccentric, maybe, but not stupid. I think he's aware enough of his place to understand that he's got a few more things to learn and that his career would benefit from having someone experienced around for a few years.

Idunno.. Sherwood is proud, loud and can be arrogant, but he doesn't strike me as particularly stupid. Eccentric, maybe, but not stupid. I think he's aware enough of his place to understand that he's got a few more things to learn and that his career would benefit from having someone experienced around for a few years.
He can also say that the more he's learnt, the more he realises that he still has to learn. He can position it that it's whet his appetite for more, and these opportunities don't come round very often. Then say some bollocks about the club purposely didn't use the phrase caretaker manager, as they didn't want the players to lose focus blah blah.

People saying that LVG is short term appointment and maybe he is but I'd take three good years from a coach who is more likely to leave the club in a better place than he found it anyway. Since Nicholson retired only Burkinshaw, Venables, and Redknapp have been at the club for three full seasons.

Also the idea that he won't be motivated is erroneous. The man is a complete psychopath and consumed only with winning everything possible, like Mourinho. He isn't coming to the Premier League because of a money grab but rather because he wants to try to further cement his legacy as one of the greatest managers of all time.

Any managerial appointment can go wrong for a litany of reasons but LVG is certainly the safest choice we could make. In his almost 25 years as a manager he's only had one failure and that was his first stint with the Dutch national team where they failed to qualify for the 2000 World Cup. Besides that he's won a league title with every club including with a traditionally smaller club AZ Alkmaar. Three time Champions League finalist as well.

On paper he would be our greatest managerial signing and it wouldn't be close.

Last edited:
Sherwood is proud, loud and can be arrogant, but he doesn't strike me as particularly stupid.
A man doesn't have to be stupid to still be highly inexperienced and unable, at this stage of his development, to see certain things that others see from having learned. He really have made some schoolboy errors, especially in his comments to the press.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that Sherwood is as intelligent as you make out. I'm not saying he's a raving idiot, but his appalling grammar and sentence structure alone tells me he's not one for book reading.

A man doesn't have to be stupid to still be highly inexperienced and unable, at this stage of his development, to see certain things that others see from having learned. He really have made some schoolboy errors, especially in his comments to the press.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that Sherwood is as intelligent as you make out. I'm not saying he's a raving idiot, but his appalling grammar and sentence structure alone tells me he's not one for book reading.
yeh but the games have been coming fick and fast.. :sherwoodwtf:
.. so you must be Scaramanga from GG :sherwoodlol::levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom