Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trying to avoid being a bit of a bellend but Ruud Gullit is generally a reliable source of information. Has the ear of many a geezer in Holland. I'm willing to get excited by what he says as he's known to know LvG quite well and wouldn't get public with something like that willy nilly.

WE'VE GOT LVG MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

p.s. wanted to use 'willy nilly' on this forum for ages.

I reckon this is being done to hold onto Vertonghen. As well as the fact he is a decent manager. Bad timing though to come out in the press.
I still believe Sherwood deserved more time as his results really haven't been that bad, as most on here would lead you to believe. Yes, most games we haven't been playing as a unit, but who could after only a 1/3 of a season.

Agree with JDK JDK about Hughton as assistant but I believe LVG will be given his choice to name a coach this time after it being picked for AVB by the man up top.

Don't get too excited, sounds like the exact same thing Gullit was saying in December that we all know, followed by 'I think it's a done deal'

I reckon this is being done to hold onto Vertonghen. As well as the fact he is a decent manager. Bad timing though to come out in the press.
I still believe Sherwood deserved more time as his results really haven't been that bad, as most on here would lead you to believe. Yes, most games we haven't been playing as a unit, but who could after only a 1/3 of a season.

Agree with JDK JDK about Hughton as assistant but I believe LVG will be given his choice to name a coach this time after it being picked for AVB by the man up top.

I was reading or watching an interview with LvG where he was basically saying that he always keeps someone on from the previous team that knows the club. As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be surprised to see Sherwood as an assistant, despite what he has said in the past about not wanting that role. He would be mad to pass up the chance to learn from LvG and become part of a legacy.

I was reading or watching an interview with LvG where he was basically saying that he always keeps someone on from the previous team that knows the club. As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be surprised to see Sherwood as an assistant, despite what he has said in the past about not wanting that role. He would be mad to pass up the chance to learn from LvG and become part of a legacy.

Thats interesting. Sherwood, Freund, or Ferdinand then...

I still don't know enough of what Freund exactly does within the club. I love the bloke but his role to me is a mystery.

I don't think we will see Sherwood as a number two now. I believe he has made the first step he can continue as manager elsewhere. Norwich or Blackburn where he played before are options?

Do we think we will get another rebuild in the summer or just a couple of investments under LVG?
I heard that Alderveld (Spelling?) is unhappy at the Spanish club he went to. Cheeky bid?

Thats interesting. Sherwood, Freund, or Ferdinand then...

I still don't know enough of what Freund exactly does within the club. I love the bloke but his role to me is a mystery.

I don't think we will see Sherwood as a number two now. I believe he has made the first step he can continue as manager elsewhere. Norwich or Blackburn where he played before are options?

Do we think we will get another rebuild in the summer or just a couple of investments under LVG?
I heard that Alderveld (Spelling?) is unhappy at the Spanish club he went to. Cheeky bid?

There were rumours a couple of weeks ago that there is a deal in place for a young manager to be LvG's understudy, but it was from itk on SC, so you know, pinch of salt and all that. Which is kind of what made me think Sherwood might stay on. But if it's not him I would like Ramsay to be kept on, he's highly respected and knows all the youth players. As for LvG spending, he's someone who likes to work with youth and better players, woudl love to see what he can do with what we already have. Though of course there are some areas that will need investment. Left back and Centre back for example. Aldervalderwhatever his name is wouldn't be a bad shout.

You know i am feeling a bit sentimental about these "rumours".
Tim has grown on me, I have screamed at him for making naive decisions, errors of judgement but then i am applauding his love of THFC, his frankness, his willingness to rev up the players.
I want him to stay, learn and be successful but can we afford to be a club that caters for managers growing into the role - probably not. I want to say yes and it may only take two or three years.
My heart says Tim my head says LVG.
LVG, someone hard, experienced, a winner. He will have attraction to incoming players, be of a status to attract sponsorship respect, will stir players and media.
He will maintain a THFC tradition of playing football, he will observe Daniel's youth HGP model. He will have contacts with clubs/managers to attract topline candidates as well as being able to convince existing topline players to stay.
LVG make it a good one and I hope Tim is wise to accept reasons for the change.

He's ours mate - the internetz said so

It's like anyone in football could say something about it, Tim is adament he's staying, yet one Dutch bloke who by all means is nothing to do with any football club (so much so, he does a John Terry with Chelsea in cup finals) says "I think...."

and everyone is like

excited-gif_zps074b56e8.gif

tumblr_mm0dy7UU6f1r8swqdo1_500.gif

tumblr_m1slkld6xp1qf2gl0.gif

It's like anyone in football could say something about it, Tim is adament he's staying, yet one Dutch bloke who by all means is nothing to do with any football club (so much so, he does a John Terry with Chelsea in cup finals) says "I think...."

You mean Sherwood actually believes a Levy managerial contract means something?

:adewtf:

Honestly don't want Louis Van Gaal, people failing to realise while he is about a million times better than Timmeh van Gilet he's also one of those part time fixer managers who's constantly on the verge of retiring and always looking to jump ship. I can see him coming in next season making us top 4 contenders again then somehow decides he's had enough and pisses off to Ac Milan or some shit.

Not a clue, but if it were the case, the fact we're hearing about it says more that it's a media tactic than being true
Yer, that's a fair point. But being so certain in the public domain when you're such a predominant figure only opens you up to criticism. It's not like he's Adrian cunting Durham looking to get hits or viewing figures up.

For that reason, I think he's being genuine and knows LvG's plans. I'm not one for hype, but this seems pretty legit to me.

If United sack Moyes, LvG will go there. If they don't, we have a shot.

Still not keen on him as he's not a long term replacement. He clearly doesn't have the desire that we require from a manager - "If I don't get a job in the Premier League I will retire in Portugal". So he wants a final pay day.

No thanks.

But I know someone that will oblige :levyeyes:

Yer, that's a fair point. But being so certain in the public domain when you're such a predominant figure only opens you up to criticism. It's not like he's Adrian cunting Durham looking to get hits or viewing figures up.

For that reason, I think he's being genuine and knows LvG's plans. I'm not one for hype, but this seems pretty legit to me.

But what has he actually said?

We all know that Levy visited him to watch a football match, and LVG declined the job.

All Gullit has done is reiterate that same old story with an opinion. Nothing new here whatsoever.

If anything, it's a hint to the Utd & Woolwich boards. "If you don't hire me I'll go to Tottenham....I'm serious...... Really, I'm not joking - I will...."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom