Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's fair comment. I'm just saying that until van Gaal decides, let's not bust a blood vessel.

Yeah United can only have one manager - we will still get a good upgrade

I honestly think he will go to United given the chance, a tidy 2 years before Pep or Martinez or whoever on top of their game at that time takes over seems to make sense.

The one to avoid for me is Pochettino, 3 points between them and "clowns" Newcastle/Pardew, amazing how perception in media skews things

Indeed. The guy has only been managing fir 3 and a half years.

So that probably means we'll get him.....

#project

Its the gamble again, at least this time he has managed in the prem, has played football and his connection might get us a few Saints players not to mention put some life into Lamela.

I don't want Pochettino, I am not really sure what he can bring to the club. Shared translation costs with Soldado? Jokes aside he might be promising but have never won anything during his [only] 3 years of coaching.

LvG, is short-term and basically only have a few weeks between national duties and the next season. How is he going have time to get involved with transfers, implement a new system and learning how the league works? Might not work out too well.

Like I said before, the best thing we could do is to aim for Roberto Martinez. He is the one that thick most of the boxes and since it is highly plausible that Everton yet again don't have any money and will miss out of CL... We might actually be able to get him

Its the gamble again, at least this time he has managed in the prem, has played football and his connection might get us a few Saints players not to mention put some life into Lamela.

It's more than a gamble in his case. Some of his traits are in direct opposition of what this squad's weaknesses going forward. Such a hire would be like a physician removing a patient's knee meniscus, and then telling him to stand up and run about a bit.

It's more than a gamble in his case. Some of his traits are in direct opposition of what this squad's weaknesses going forward. Such a hire would be like a physician removing a patient's knee meniscus, and then telling him to stand up and run about a bit.

When you look at all the options they are all a gamble. LvG, genius but hot tempered, Pochettino inexperienced, De Boer Prem inexperienced. I don't know but whoever we get I just want us to keep for a while and build a team long term, who do you think will be suitable?

I don't want Pochettino, I am not really sure what he can bring to the club. Shared translation costs with Soldado? Jokes aside he might be promising but have never won anything during his [only] 3 years of coaching.

LvG, is short-term and basically only have a few weeks between national duties and the next season. How is he going have time to get involved with transfers, implement a new system and learning how the league works? Might not work out too well.

Like I said before, the best thing we could do is to aim for Roberto Martinez. He is the one that thick most of the boxes and since it is highly plausible that Everton yet again don't have any money and will miss out of CL... We might actually be able to get him

We. Are. Not. Getting. Martinez.

Im far from his biggest advocate, but I wouldnt be against it. I think he has something about him.

He did fantastically to improve (immediately) upon Adkins work, with a young team new to the league. SCBC are a good side to watch. He has done very well to bring youth through. I think he is interesting, and would actually be attainable.

Also I believe his english is fine, he just goes through the translator on press duties to avoid being misinterpreted IMO.

Two worries I have with LVG.
1) His abbrasive style - its either going to make or break him here. My gut says break...
2) He wont be with us until mid July at the earliest, which is far from ideal

Otherwise Im happy to accept he will only be short term, and will likely leave us stronger than when he joined us (assuming he doesnt have a full meltdown!)

Not a chance, IMHO. Martinez has been very considered in his career choices, he tirned Liverpool down because they were a circus and lets be honest we arent much better most of the time. He is at Everton for the forseeable, until he gets a real next level offer IMO.

Roberto Martinez would never leave Everton for us. Zero chance of that happening.

Looks like De Boer has committed himself to Ajax for the next couple of years too though things can always change.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of Mancini. Seems likely he would want to leave Turkey and he has won 9 trophies in his career including a couple in the EPL. I know he melted down a little bit at the end but he did put in four pretty good years at City.

Im far from his biggest advocate, but I wouldnt be against it. I think he has something about him.

He did fantastically to improve (immediately) upon Adkins work, with a young team new to the league. SCBC are a good side to watch. He has done very well to bring youth through. I think he is interesting, and would actually be attainable.

Two worries I have with LVG.
1) His abbrasive style - its either going to make or break him here. My gut says break...
2) He wont be with us until mid July at the earliest, which is far from ideal

Otherwise Im happy to accept he will only be short term, and will likely leave us stronger than when he joined us (assuming he doesnt have a full meltdown!)

Not a chance, IMHO. Martinez has been very considered in his career choices, he tirned Liverpool down because they were a circus and lets be honest we arent much better most of the time. He is at Everton for the forseeable, until he gets a real next level offer IMO.

Yes, I guess you are quite right on all your comments. It is just that I want the club to experience some sustained stability as I think that would enable future success

Yes, I guess you are quite right on all your comments. It is just that I want the club to experience some sustained stability as I think that would enable future success

Im resigned to the fact we will only ever have 2 or 3 seasons out of a manager, things seem to conspire to keep it that way.

Id love stability, but every move we make designed to provide it fails. Im now more inclined to look for a short term win and hope we stumble upon a long term solution!

Back
Top Bottom