Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have absolutely no idea what that means?:gylfi:

I've never been on GG though.
ok fella, the admin from there (Scaramanga) is always banging on about Tim's elocution, public speaking skills etc, as though most of the other PL Managers are proud owners of the Competent Communicator award at the Toastmasters International Speech Contest!

ok fella, the admin from there (Scaramanga) is always banging on about Tim's elocution, public speaking skills etc, as though most of the other PL Managers are proud owners of the Competent Communicator award at the Toastmasters International Speech Contest!
Is this Scaramanga a bit of a cunt? Reading your previous post in the context of knowing who he is now, I'm wondering if the comparison was meant to be a negative one? :dembele:

But even a cunt can be right sometimes. Timmy sounds like a fucking used car salesman. :adestare:

Is this Scaramanga a bit of a cunt? Reading your previous post in the context of knowing who he is now, I'm wondering if the comparison was meant to be a negative one? :dembele:

But even a cunt can be right sometimes. Timmy sounds like a fucking used car salesman. :adestare:

f59f5f796b4d1120fae04bd851a4f1b97e.png

:adegrin::adegrin::adegrin:

It was the mention of his public speaking skills, or lack of, which is something that the admin fella keeps harping on about. That's the common factor.
I don't know if he's a cunt...but he doesn't mind himself, does he, to be fair.

A man doesn't have to be stupid to still be highly inexperienced and unable, at this stage of his development, to see certain things that others see from having learned. He really have made some schoolboy errors, especially in his comments to the press.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that Sherwood is as intelligent as you make out. I'm not saying he's a raving idiot, but his appalling grammar and sentence structure alone tells me he's not one for book reading.

Proper diction, sentence structure, and elocution were the key to SAF's run of success. :rolleyes:

I don't necessarily disagree with your first paragraph but if you judge intelligence in football like you do in real life almost every single person involved with football would be well below average. They don't go to school or university, their life is based around football. Intelligence in regards to football has nothing to do with grammar or any traditional measures of intelligence.

Also if LVG is the one to replace Sherwood there will be no reprieve in ridiculous quotes. I'm looking forward to it personally, keeps things interesting.

"I have achieved more with Ajax in six years than Barcelona has in one hundred years."

"I hope the desire to win is greater than the tiredness. But the body is less strong than the mind. And we’ve got a few wimps in this team." (Ahead of DFB Pokal Match at Bayern)

"Am I the one who’s so smart, or are you so stupid?" (After a journalist had asked him a question.)

"Friends of the press, I’m leaving. Congratulations." (After quitting from Barcelona)

Plus the famous story where he dropped his pants during a team talk at Bayern after someone questioned his bollocks.

Having Mourinho, Van Gaal, and Wenger all in London at the same time together must being making journalists mouths water. The stories will be writing themselves.

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/08/01/i-am-the-ideal-man-15-quotes-by-louis-van-gaal/

A man doesn't have to be stupid to still be highly inexperienced and unable, at this stage of his development, to see certain things that others see from having learned. He really have made some schoolboy errors, especially in his comments to the press.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that Sherwood is as intelligent as you make out. I'm not saying he's a raving idiot, but his appalling grammar and sentence structure alone tells me he's not one for book reading.

Hence why the rest of my quote indicated that someone like LvG would do wonders for Sherwood's career, and how I believe he probably recognizes it. Also, don't think I ever made him out to be any particular 'level' of intelligent, just that he wasn't as stupid as some folks claim him to be.

Well, that assertion is uppity of you. Ever read Joyce's Ulysses? Proper grammar and sentence structure is hardly indicative of intelligence, I'd say. Again, not implying Sherwood is in any way as intelligent as one of the greatest english language writers in history, just that his particular style doesn't rely on being "proper." Nothing about him being a manager to this point has even remotely followed the "proper" managerial path.

He is what he is: a hell of a motivator who doesn't play by everyone else's stiff, unwritten rules. And one day, given both time and more experience, I think he could be a hell of a manager.

Sherwood needs to sort himself out in interviews, listening to yesterday's interview. His tone was so defeatist talking about going to Anfield as a Norwich and a Watford player and hoping to loose by 3 and not 5. WHY would you mention that? So frustrating, every interview I feel myself cringe. I'd rather Van Gaal say outragous the things he does than listen to Sherwood anymore.

Sherwood needs to sort himself out in interviews, listening to yesterday's interview. His tone was so defeatist talking about going to Anfield as a Norwich and a Watford player and hoping to loose by 3 and not 5. WHY would you mention that? So frustrating, every interview I feel myself cringe. I'd rather Van Gaal say outragous the things he does than listen to Sherwood anymore.

Didn't see the interview, but did he mention winning the title with Blackburn up there???
...surely he has better memories of Anfield to inspire the team with!!

What kind of manager starts speaking about defeat before the game even comes round,Sherwood is a fucking liability.the sooner he gets the boot the better.

What kind of manager starts speaking about defeat before the game even comes round,Sherwood is a fucking liability.the sooner he gets the boot the better.

To be fair, hasn't Mourinho publicly 'written off' the title?? I don't think for one minute he truly believes that, but he's heaping the pressure of assumption on Man City, and mabe Liverpool (FFS, if ArseAnal are still thinking they're apparently in with a shout, then Chelsea must be!!)
I think its' Timmy's version of mind games, as his words will no doubt reach Liverpool, who may well 'assume' we are already beaten before we take the field.... and as such, switch off a little, thinking the job is already done! ...and BAM we catch them while they're already planning the route for their end-of-season open top bus parade!

AND THAT'S WHY TIMMY IS A TRUE MASTERMIND OF CRANIUM GAMES!

To be fair, hasn't Mourinho publicly 'written off' the title?? I don't think for one minute he truly believes that, but he's heaping the pressure of assumption on Man City, and mabe Liverpool (FFS, if ArseAnal are still thinking they're apparently in with a shout, then Chelsea must be!!)
I think its' Timmy's version of mind games, as his words will no doubt reach Liverpool, who may well 'assume' we are already beaten before we take the field.... and as such, switch off a little, thinking the job is already done! ...and BAM we catch them while they're already planning the route for their end-of-season open top bus parade!

AND THAT'S WHY TIMMY IS A TRUE MASTERMIND OF CRANIUM GAMES!
Sherwood is a Richard Cranium.

Well yeah of course he wont commit....

I still stand by what I said months ago that Moyes will NOT be sacked in the summer.
Yer, I think they'd be jumping too soon if they sacked him this summer, he should at least be given this window and up to October/November to turn it around.

LvG still my first choice, miles ahead of Pochettino/Laudrup imo.

Back
Top Bottom