Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you're right Kaboul will retire. That's been rumored for about a month now pretty heavily on SC. I'd be okay with keeping Dawson to preserve/divert funds elsewhere, as long as we a) reacquired Caulker or b) made another top quality addition. We could do worse than Dawson as a fourth choice CB, and I think he'd be humble and loyal enough to accept it at his age and use it to push the other three.

Surely he'll battle on though. He's only 28 and Jenas/Dyer have been pretty bad for injuries and kept battling on into their 30's

Surely he'll battle on though. He's only 28 and Jenas/Dyer have been pretty bad for injuries and kept battling on into their 30's

I suppose that depends on the severity of his situation.
Also, its quite possible that while he doesnt retire - we let him go all the same. He has barely played in 2 seasons, sooner or later the club will make a call on that

Jenas' injury was a bad one but while it's very difficult to recover from, it's not as much risk for reinjury or continued degradation as Kaboul's. Knee ligaments were not designed for how competitive modern sports have become. The size of the guys and the demands of sheer and stress placed on them is just not supposed to happen. So when they have a primary deterioration, it's almost entirely downhill from there.

I suppose that depends on the severity of his situation.
Also, its quite possible that while he doesnt retire - we let him go all the same. He has barely played in 2 seasons, sooner or later the club will make a call on that

Jenas' injury was a bad one but while it's very difficult to recover from, it's not as much risk for reinjury or continued degradation as Kaboul's. Knee ligaments were not designed for how competitive modern sports have become. The size of the guys and the demands of sheer and stress placed on them is just not supposed to happen. So when they have a primary deterioration, it's almost entirely downhill from there.

Well he could at least milk it for a couple more years and be a club mascot :king:
:ledley:

Less defender chit chat and more LvG

van-gaal.jpg

Vertoghen / Kaboul / Chirches / Caulker ??

I would be happy with that with Fryers, Sandro and Capoue all able to player there as a last resort.

We just need a truly class left back.

That all sounds well and done but Caulker is speculation and I highly doubt that Vertonghen will be playing at Tottenham next season. If Kaboul were to retire, which would be devastating for the player and very unlucky for Tottenham, then we have Dawson, a player I love, but removing emotion is not very good, and Chiriches, a young but extremely promising player. I won't pretend to know the enough of the youth players to make comments, if there are players of sincere potential then great. I would be concerned though that we need a left back, a right back (I'm less sympathetic to Walker's continued brain farts) and possibly two new centre halves.

That all sounds well and done but Caulker is speculation and I highly doubt that Vertonghen will be playing at Tottenham next season. If Kaboul were to retire, which would be devastating for the player and very unlucky for Tottenham, then we have Dawson, a player I love, but removing emotion is not very good, and Chiriches, a young but extremely promising player. I won't pretend to know the enough of the youth players to make comments, if there are players of sincere potential then great. I would be concerned though that we need a left back, a right back (I'm less sympathetic to Walker's continued brain farts) and possibly two new centre halves.

Agree.
Given the promising things we've heard about Veljkovic its disappointing he wasn't deemed good enough to start Thursday given we'd no CBs. Presume that means he's unlikely to be ready to be up for serious involvement/consideration next season.

Hoping Jan stays and reckon who we get in if (please god) we replace Sherwood will be a deciding factor .

Anyone see Leonardo on MOTD last night? He's clearly fishing for a Premiership job and I wonder whether he might be heading our way. He speaks English, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian so might be able to communicate with our diverse set of players.

Oh hold on, AVB spoke those languages too.

Dutch FA have confirmed Hiddink will take over LvG after the World Cup

Dan - get that man's signature pronto!

Back
Top Bottom