Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fellow Spurs fans,

I know, I'm asking the impossible here, but just for today, let's please stop the petty bitching, the slanging matches and arguments about players, tactics, formations etc. etc. none of which we have any control over. Instead, let's all just get behind the team ahead of the big match tonight, as all previous form goes out the window come derby day and our lads need us to unite.

I've been looking forward to this match since the draw was made, so everyone whose going tonight (I'll be in Block 33), sing your hearts out loud and proud, and let's all make WHL an atmospheric cauldron of noise and hatred, so Woolwich really shit themselves. I hate Woolwich and their pathetic, whingeing, plastic supporters more than any other team and tonight we are going to smash those cunts on and off the pitch.

In the words of my mate SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy :

We are a proper football club, with proper football fans, who get behind the team and making some fucking noise. Whatever the result tonight, no-one can ever take this away from us and North London will always be ours.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!

Last edited:
I fucking love cup games. And I fucking love NLDs.

Combine them both ... Fuck yeah!!! :walker-scream:
And under the lights the lane will be rocking. Skive off work in the pub at 4. Then blast those soft cheese eating cappuccino quaffing beard stroking skinny Jeans wearing multi media platforms poll addicted shit marks of the face of the planet.

Imo it's lesser club mentality to think that we should play our best 11 in a very congested period in the least important of too many tournaments just because we meet a certain intolerable team of cunts in red.

The league cup and the EL should be used solely to keep our squad as match fit and motivated as possible. That should always be our main concern in those tournaments, untill the semi of the league cup and the quarter final of the EL, if we can get that far, no matter who we are up against.

Thus, the tournaments that are a potential drain of resources and energy can actually be beneficial.

The team I proposed to play against Woolwich is a team I'd trust to do a good job, and there are plenty of players there whom I think will benefit from being trusted and picked for a game like that, and who needs chances like that to prove themselves.

Who cares if it's the red cunts. If they want to brag about beating our backups in the league cup, after we beat the twice in the league and finish above them, let them*.

* A hypothetical scenario. We will probably beat them in the league cup, twice in the league, and finish above them.

Oh dear..Time to move on my friend.

This game is win at all costs and to think anything else means you know nothing about this club or its fans..
Congested fixture list or not, we HAVE to play our strongest 11 and go all out to smash these Cunts..to think anything else is unacceptable..

Not to mention Delli Alli's "heat map of the month" award for September based on yesterdays performance...
OPTA are engraving his name onto the trophy we speak!

"It is better to fail with an impressive heat map than to succeed with no distance covered. And we of Spurs demand so much ground covered, so much in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of an impressive heat map"

Bill Nicholson

In ten years time I will remember this game and be angry at Pochettinos for his selections. Don't ever play a weakened side against the scum, you absolute moron.

Lloris played against Qarabag for fucks sake, and he puts him on the bench for our biggest game so far this season? No excuses!

AND IN ONE MOMENT, TRANSFERS AND DEALS WENT TO THE BACK BURNER

OUR SEASON IS SAVED!!! SAVED!!

htPnvFI.gif

Imo it's lesser club mentality to think that we should play our best 11 in a very congested period in the least important of too many tournaments just because we meet a certain intolerable team of cunts in red.

The league cup and the EL should be used solely to keep our squad as match fit and motivated as possible. That should always be our main concern in those tournaments, untill the semi of the league cup and the quarter final of the EL, if we can get that far, no matter who we are up against.

Thus, the tournaments that are a potential drain of resources and energy can actually be beneficial.

The team I proposed to play against Woolwich is a team I'd trust to do a good job, and there are plenty of players there whom I think will benefit from being trusted and picked for a game like that, and who needs chances like that to prove themselves.

Who cares if it's the red cunts. If they want to brag about beating our backups in the league cup, after we beat the twice in the league and finish above them, let them*.

* A hypothetical scenario. We will probably beat them in the league cup, twice in the league, and finish above them.

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

of course it was a stupid pass from Bentaleb, Walker could have got ball goal side of Rooney and cleared it with his left foot though IF he was a top right back that is.
totally avoidable goal even after the stray pass.
Walker busted his ass to get back and had to stretch to even get the ball away from Rooney, who would have buried it if he had half a second longer. Walker had to do whatever he could and had no time to put a proper block in. How you can blame him is beyond me.

Tomorrow night shall be my first outing since suffering a bunch of panic attacks and a month and a half of lingering anxiety. Not entirely sure that putting my mental health in the hands of a North London Derby is the wisest idea but I'm looking forward to it immensely. Let's do this! COYS!

Lloris
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose
Carroll - Alli
Townsend - Lamela - N'Jie
Kane

We should use this opportunity to give our subs a real test, a motivating, highly competitive game that really means something for the fans. Leave our two captains out there with them to Spur them on, with Lamela and Alli included to see if they can keep going from their performance(s) lately. Our midfield might be a bit weak/soft, but will be a good test of Carroll' and Alli's ability to step/man up and grab the game by it's balls. For Kane this might kickstart his season for us, as I hope his desire to smesh Woolwich trumphs his panic over not scoring goals.

Then, for the City game, rest Kane, Alli and Lamela, and go:
Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Mason
Dembele - Eriksen - Son
Chadli

Would be a well utilised squad, giving us the best chances of results while maintaining a happy bunch of match fit players.

I disagree. We need the strongest team out there. Got to go with Alderweireld & Vertonghen at the back with Dier in front of them.

As much as i despise him as a human being, i would probably prefer him to play because he's been mostly dogshit for years now. Plus it would give Alli a chance to piss all over him and show the world who's really gonna be pulling the strings for England for the next ten years.

A proper role model rather than some cunt with the IQ of a slug who smokes 20 Mayfair a day and likes spitting at taxi drivers.

GRRRRRRRRR!
1411839796968_lc_galleryImage_Arsenals_English_midfield.JPG

CS69984404Arsenals-Jack-Wil.jpg

wilshere_3053946a.jpg

I'm still trying to get my head around it this morning...

Playing Woolwich... bring in 3 replacement defenders. Playing Woolwich... bring in 3 replacement defenders. Playing Woolwich... bring in 3 replacement defenders...

It's beyond stupidity. How often do we see even one change in the central defensive unit result in mixed fortunes for even the wealthiest clubs - Utd when Vidic was out, City when Kompany is out, Scum when Koscielny is out, Terry for Chelsea etc. Yet Poch thinks it's OK to swap out both CB and RB for a London Derby?

Idiot.

Who cares if they get beaten by them? Are you fucking kidding me? I'd rather be a dead pig laying around David Cameron's house than play any sort of "weakened" team against those cunts. :bentalebscream::dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom