Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think any of our full backs are top drawer. Walker is particularly grating for me because he has absolutely no footballing braincells whatsoever, he ALWAYS makes a stupid mistake that leads to a chance or a goal, he scored an own goal in our only defeat so far, his crossing is bollocks and his decision making possibly the worst in the team-how many free kicks have you seen him (and Rose at times tbf!) give away in our own half by bundling players over, silly tackles, obstruction etc?
hes prob still a better option overall than Trippier who from what I've seen looks mediocre tho has 'good crossing stats'.
The four of them are completely interchangeable which is a bit depressing.
I think we have some of the better full backs in the league. Blaming Walker for United is just stupid, he played great game, it was Bentaleb who fucked up. Walker can't do anything right according to a lot of people on this forum, and I completely disagree. The main thing that frustrates me about Walker, is his lack of crossing. It was especially visible against Palace in the weekend...

From what I gathered from the ongoing social media trends, the Goons are hyper sensitive to the names 'Mike Dean' and 'Diego Costa' now. Perhaps a few improvised chants/taunts along those lines will really rile them up.

:smesh:

Harry sticking 3 in their net will also have that effect!

:kanewtf:

good points about burnout. that could be a big problem this season.

but im going to say play our strongest team with kane starting a MUST!

what better way to kick start his season by scoring the winner against the goons!

i think id use the europa more to rest key players. especially away games.

just out of interest.
what game would u lot prioritize most. Woolwich or city?

i think the league cup is our best chance of a trophy. & its against Woolwich! so got to be this game for me!

i guess theres a middle ground of just rotating 2 or 3 of the weaker players for both games.

id start eriksen too. get 60mins under his belt.

No brainer!

Always prioritise Woolwich!

Classless fucks!
:angryscouser:

I think we have some of the better full backs in the league. Blaming Walker for United is just stupid, he played great game, it was Bentaleb who fucked up. Walker can't do anything right according to a lot of people on this forum, and I completely disagree. The main thing that frustrates me about Walker, is his lack of crossing. It was especially visible against Palace in the weekend...
some people are blind if they thing Walker is a top full back, he hasn't even been close to the player he was that first season when Lennon had his back down the wing-constant 'brain farts', hes just not a very intelligent fella imo and that position could be improved easily but hes super quick as is Rose which will get them a bye ball probably for the rest of their careers.
The modern full back can't defend anyway I suppose.

You're right about Bentelab fucking up and that goal not being Walkers fault but like a few on here I'm not happy with any of our full backs and I don't think our goals against tally is down to them.
Probably helped by Dier's form just in front of Jan & Toby!

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Alli, Son, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane][/formation]

Kidding!:lamelashock:

Eriksen left and Lamela centre!

Along with Dier and Son our form player!

of course it was a stupid pass from Bentaleb, Walker could have got goal side of Rooney and cleared it with his left foot though IF he was a top right back that is.
totally avoidable goal even after the stray pass.

Last edited:
of course it was a stupid pass from Bentaleb, Walker could have got ball goal side of Rooney and cleared it with his left foot though IF he was a top right back that is.
Walker busted his ass to get back and had to stretch to even get the ball away from Rooney, who would have buried it if he had half a second longer. Walker had to do whatever he could and had no time to put a proper block in. How you can blame him is beyond me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't wait for this lot to walk down the High Road.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Superjan, Rose, Dier, Alli, Lamela/NJie, Eriksen, Son, Kane"][/formation]
No brainier for me. Play our strongest lineup and figure everything out for the league afterwards. Toby and Jan have been great with dier in front, you've got to play them imo. Only questions I have are mason who would be nice to have if fit and NJie could be great for countering the scum, lamela has been good though so it's a toss up for me.

of course it was a stupid pass from Bentaleb, Walker could have got goal side of Rooney and cleared it with his left foot though IF he was a top right back that is.

You've got to be joking if Walker can be blamed for that goal. He was the closest player on our team from saving it and done brilliantly to actually prevent Rooney from burying it himself.

Kidding!:lamelashock:

Eriksen left and Lamela centre!

Along with Dier and Son our form player!
Fine with either Lamela or Townsend starting tbh. I expect to see the other subbed on. I just figured there would be some small rotation for this and that seems a logical one as Townsend has been decent/good last few appearances.

You've got to be joking if Walker can be blamed for that goal. He was the closest player on our team from saving it and done brilliantly to actually prevent Rooney from burying it himself.
Absolutely. He bust his bollocks to get back & did so impressively. If he missed contact with the ball it was in the back of the net anyway. Rooney wasn't going to miss that. We got caught badly out of position with a careless ball from Bentaleb & from that point it was all hands on deck trying to close it down. Walker was bang unlucky because having got a foot to it, it could have gone anywhere. Had it rolled out for a corner everyone would have been saying "Walker back to his best". He has been guilty of some brain fart moments. That wasn't one of them.

Fine with either Lamela or Townsend starting tbh. I expect to see the other subbed on. I just figured there would be some small rotation for this and that seems a logical one as Townsend has been decent/good last few appearances.

Yes Towny looked good coming on at Sunderland and I think that shd be his role in future as an impact Sub but while Lamela keeps showing improvement play him!

some people are blind if they thing Walker is a top full back, he hasn't even been close to the player he was that first season when Lennon had his back down the wing-constant 'brain farts', hes just not a very intelligent fella imo and that position could be improved easily but hes super quick as is Rose which will get them a bye ball probably for the rest of their careers.
The modern full back can't defend anyway I suppose.
Walker is a very good player better than most of the right backs we've had in the last 20 years. Always represents tottenham in a good way a decent man who plays his best we should be proud he plays for spurs. He also does rather well in the NLD. Walker truthers you know nothing

Back
Top Bottom