Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A win for us will send that lot into a frenzy of "Wenger out" meltdown. That will be almost as satisfying as a win itself. Bollocks to all this rotation shit. Play the strongest XI every time possible. Change it when it has to be changed due to poor form, fatigue or injury. Then give someone else the opportunity to make the spot their own. Chadli is the only one who should be in danger of losing his starting place on Wednesday IMO because frankly he has been a bit of a passenger this season so far. A short spell on the bench should buck his ideas up & get him hungry again. Hope Eriksen is ready for 90 mins. When they are already making excuses, you know they are running scared.
Ar5ena1 will do very nicely

Last edited:
A win for us will send that lot into a frenzy of "Wenger out" meltdown. That will be almost as satisfying as a win itself. Bollocks to all this rotation shit. Play the strongest XI every time possible. Change it when it has to be changed due to fatigue or injury. Then give someone else the opportunity to make the spot their own. Chadli is the only one who should be in danger of losing his starting place on Wednesday IMO because frankly he has been a bit of a passenger this season so far. A short spell on the bench should buck his ideas up & get him hungry again. Hope Eriksen is ready for 90 mins. When they are already making excuses, you know they are running scared.
Ar5ena1 will do very nicely
Fuck 'em then lets hope Leicester do a number on them.

I'm generally in favour of rotation when sensible, but at this early point in the season the players should be at peak fitness and shouldn't have any trouble playing Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday. Strongest team possible please to smash the cunts - then we can rotate in further rounds and in the EL.

They will be thinking about how they can play it down as it's only the Carling Cup and what they are going to write on Twitter or how they can troll us..
They really are the most predictable and pathetic fans in the country..

As always when we play them in this comp. He'll pick a lineup that is 85% first team with an odd few second string in. That way he can still put out a competitive enough side but can blag that they weren't taking the competition seriously if they lose.

Talk of resting players and burnout 7 games into a season before a game against THEM is madness, i understand it's a long season and we need to be pre-emptive, but i would rather rest players on the weekend than on Wednesday.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies, Dier, Alli, Son, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane"][/formation]

Bench: Vorm, Mason, Fazio, Rose, Chadli, Trippier, Clinton

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies, Dier, Alli, Son, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane"][/formation]

Bench: Vorm, Mason, Fazio, Rose, Chadli, Trippier, Clinton
That team should be good enough to turn them over. It's exactly the team I'd like to see play. Put Clinton on early second half & watch Mertesacker huff & puff his guts out trying to get within 5 yards of him. I'd just love to see Eric snap Walcunt in half.

I don't believe that the youngsters need resting and some like Kane/ Lamela need to go straight into the next game to find/maintain form.

Strongest available team out for every game imo.

Woolwich and then ManC. I guess I will upset a few - as a club need to place more importance on the League (ManC) and then following week Monaco away.

Players who have tripled up need to rest - Lloris, Toby, Dier, Alli. Then Son, Kane then most played should be a subs.

I would gamble as Arse lost both CL and League, they need to ensure the following week CL and League are more important. So expect them to heavily rotate.

For me.
............Vorm
Trippier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose
......Winks or Dembele, Mason
Townsend, Lamela, Chadli
..........N'Jie

Subs that could play - Carroll, Wimmer, Pritchard, Onomah

This team should have a strong shot a winning.

Woolwich and then ManC. I guess I will upset a few - as a club need to place more importance on the League (ManC) and then following week Monaco away.

Players who have tripled up need to rest - Lloris, Toby, Dier, Alli. Then Son, Kane then most played should be a subs.

I would gamble as Arse lost both CL and League, they need to ensure the following week CL and League are more important. So expect them to heavily rotate.

For me.
............Vorm
Trippier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose
......Winks or Dembele, Mason
Townsend, Lamela, Chadli
..........N'Jie

Subs that could play - Carroll, Wimmer, Pritchard, Onomah

This team should have a strong shot a winning.
That's all good and well, but, you're missing one thing. It's Woolwich. All form, succession of games and everything goes out the window.

We need to win this game, regardless of what is coming up after. They need to win this game regardless of their recent form.

It's the biggest derby in the world, a hateful rivalry that is only quenched with a win.

If you don't feel this, then you're supporting the wrong club.

COYFS :walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream:

I don't believe that the youngsters need resting and some like Kane/ Lamela need to go straight into the next game to find/maintain form.

Strongest available team out for every game imo.

full strength team, lets rip them apart, keep the momentum going into Saturday against City. 3-1 Spurs, Kane x2 and Sonny.

This. The extra confidence that a win over them will give us will easily outweigh a one game rest.

I want a team full of players that will be absolutely fuming if they get benched for Wednesday.

:bentalebscream::bentalebscream::bentalebscream:

Back
Top Bottom