Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we can still rotate slightly for this and give a couple a rest for a very important game against city and Monaco a few days after. I know its that lot but we have to be sensible-EL and the league are the priorities, don't get me wrong I'd love another wembley final and have been to three but what does it really do for us as a club to get there in the league cup? fuck all except extra midweek games and a mind boggling fixture list till feb thats what.
Its no coincidence that the two seasons we finished 4th, the first we played the minimum amount of games possible in the cups and 11/12 we were knocked out 3rd round of the lge cup and the groups in europe. Those extra midweek rests are vital when you're not a top team imo.

I would put Trippier and Rose in if possible, Hugo starts forget about Vorm for this game at least, Mason, Eriksen and Dembele would get starts for me too if fit enough and get N'Jie on as well-I think any team he fields should be enough to beat these cunts tbqh, they aren't as good as they think they are and are in shit form as well with players missing-you can be guaranteed they wont field their strongest 11 so fuck them, we'll beat them regardless.

You lot that want players rested are off your head. How can u rest players against this lot? I'd take a 5-0 loss against City if it meant turning them over Wednesday
Fuck that mate, small mentality bullshit. We don't need our strongest 11 to beat them wankers.
A little rotation with Mason and Dembele gettings minutes at least.

we can still rotate slightly for this and give a couple a rest for a very important game against city and Monaco a few days after. I know its that lot but we have to be sensible-EL and the league are the priorities, don't get me wrong I'd love another wembley final and have been to three but what does it really do for us as a club to get there in the league cup? fuck all except extra midweek games and a mind boggling fixture list till feb thats what.
Its no coincidence that the two seasons we finished 4th, the first we played the minimum amount of games possible in the cups and 11/12 we were knocked out 3rd round of the lge cup and the groups in europe. Those extra midweek rests are vital when you're not a top team imo.

I would put Trippier and Rose in if possible, Hugo starts forget about Vorm for this game at least, Mason, Eriksen and Dembele would get starts for me too if fit enough and get N'Jie on as well-I think any team he fields should be enough to beat these cunts tbqh, they aren't as good as they think they are and are in shit form as well with players missing-you can be guaranteed they wont field their strongest 11 so fuck them, we'll beat them regardless.

I disagree. This is a huge game and a win in it will kick start the winners season. Woolwich have a strong side, even with injuries and suspensions and you're being a bit foolish if you think it will be an easy match. I don't see either side fielding weak teams. It's too big a fixture early in the season.

Fuck that mate, small mentality bullshit. We don't need our strongest 11 to beat them wankers.
A little rotation with Mason and Dembele gettings minutes at least.
I wanna beat them, our best chance at beating them will be if we go full strength. There's not much more I can say... we can worry about rotating in future games

I think we will beat them and theres absolutely no reason not to put the 3/4 players I've mentioned in-two of them are pretty much guaranteed starters anyway sure, they've just had knocks!

I said keep Hugo and the cb pairing, Dier Son and kane as well-hardly a 'weakened team'.

I think we will beat them and theres absolutely no reason not to put the 3/4 players I've mentioned in-two of them are pretty much guaranteed starters anyway sure, they've just had knocks!

I said keep Hugo and the cb pairing, Dier Son and kane as well-hardly a 'weakened team'.

If we play well we will beat them, but so far a win against sunderland, palace and qarabag doesn't make us world beaters. We need to push on with this momentum, not stagger it. If our players are exhausted after 7 games then they are pretty terrible excuses for athletes.

of course it doesn't but putting Rose, Eriksen and Mason back in where they have been for a year is hardly a bad thing or wholesale changes to the team! They're all first team players and Trippier possibly for walker, I just don't think it should be the exact same 11 for yesterday, Woolwich city then monaco all within a week and a half even at the start of the season!

I said Dembele at least to get some minutes and yeah I'd be inclined to put N'Jie on instead of Lamela to see what he can do with his pace.
The core of the team stays the same with Hugo, the belgians, kane and our strongest mid pairing in Mason and Dier, am I being mental here or something??
Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing a couple of players back in who should be there anyway!

I said Dembele at least to get some minutes and yeah I'd be inclined to put N'Jie on instead of Lamela to see what he can do with his pace.
The core of the team stays the same with Hugo, the belgians, kane and our strongest mid pairing in Mason and Dier, am I being mental here or something??
Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing a couple of players back in who should be there anyway!
id probably do your team for monaco away

You're suggesting making 6 changes from the team that picked apart palace for 65 minutes. Yes you are being mental. We should be playing our strongest most on form team. At best I'd make 2 changes. Chadli and maybe Walker.

and city? Same as yesterday for arse and city?
Eriksen and Mason at the very very least go in for wednesday, which is actually making the team stronger!

I'd have Rose over Davies all day long as well btw, didn't play well last week but still a far more accomplished player than Davies and one of our best last season-that position is his until he turns into Walker.

Back
Top Bottom