Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need our strongest, paciest, most powerful team possible:
Lloris
Walker
Toby
Jan
Rose
Dier
Dembele
Lamela
Eriksen
Son
Kane

I disagree. We need the strongest team out there. Got to go with Alderweireld & Vertonghen at the back with Dier in front of them.

Imo it's lesser club mentality to think that we should play our best 11 in a very congested period in the least important of too many tournaments just because we meet a certain intolerable team of cunts in red.

The league cup and the EL should be used solely to keep our squad as match fit and motivated as possible. That should always be our main concern in those tournaments, untill the semi of the league cup and the quarter final of the EL, if we can get that far, no matter who we are up against.

Thus, the tournaments that are a potential drain of resources and energy can actually be beneficial.

The team I proposed to play against Woolwich is a team I'd trust to do a good job, and there are plenty of players there whom I think will benefit from being trusted and picked for a game like that, and who needs chances like that to prove themselves.

Who cares if it's the red cunts. If they want to brag about beating our backups in the league cup, after we beat the twice in the league and finish above them, let them*.

* A hypothetical scenario. We will probably beat them in the league cup, twice in the league, and finish above them.

Imo it's lesser club mentality to think that we should play our best 11 in a very congested period in the least important of too many tournaments just because we meet a certain intolerable team of cunts in red.

The league cup and the EL should be used solely to keep our squad as match fit and motivated as possible. That should always be our main concern in those tournaments, untill the semi of the league cup and the quarter final of the EL, if we can get that far, no matter who we are up against.

Thus, the tournaments that are a potential drain of resources and energy can actually be beneficial.

The team I proposed to play against Woolwich is a team I'd trust to do a good job, and there are plenty of players there whom I think will benefit from being trusted and picked for a game like that, and who needs chances like that to prove themselves.

Who cares if it's the red cunts. If they want to brag about beating our backups in the league cup, after we beat the twice in the league and finish above them, let them*.

* A hypothetical scenario. We will probably beat them in the league cup, twice in the league, and finish above them.

Who cares if they get beaten by them? Are you fucking kidding me? I'd rather be a dead pig laying around David Cameron's house than play any sort of "weakened" team against those cunts. :bentalebscream::dembelefingers:

Oh dear..Time to move on my friend.

This game is win at all costs and to think anything else means you know nothing about this club or its fans..
Congested fixture list or not, we HAVE to play our strongest 11 and go all out to smash these Cunts..to think anything else is unacceptable..

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

There are trophies to be won here. You can't fill a trophy cabinet with 4th place finishes and record points totals in the league.

Vorm, Trippier, Toby, Rose, Alli, Dier, Kane, Lamela will all play is my suspicion.

If we can beat them, regardless of the tournament it continues our form into a difficult Saturday match, and continues to destabilise them. I suggest we play a side that is more than capable of doing so.

Interestingly, I agree we need to rotate, but for completely different reasons.

We have players such as Trippier and Rose who are pretty much equal in quality to Walker/Davies so considering they are fresh they are a perfect option for a game that could easily go 120 minutes.

Against Giroud I think we need to rotate because you need physical, strong centre backs that won't give him any room to breathe. I think Fazio and Wimmer are perfect for this. This isn't like a few years ago when we threw in Caulker for his debut, they are two internationals with a great deal of experience and quality.

This also has the advantage of keeping Vertonghen's legs fresh for Aguero. Imagine if Jan has been in a physical battle for 90 or 120 mins with Giroud and then has to play the early kick off on Saturday against a rested Aguero.

People seem to think rotation is about throwing the game, it's really not. I think making changes would give us an advantage tomorrow as well as Saturday.

Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen says he would be willing to sit out his side’s Capital One Cup meeting with Woolwich. The north London rivals play at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night in the third round of the competition. Both Arsene Wenger and Mauricio Pochettino are expected to rotate their squads for the clash with gruelling domestic and European campaigns ahead. And Belgian defender Vertonghen, who is one of Tottenham’s key players in the back four, says he would not kick up a fuss if he was left out of the starting line-up. “I don’t know who’s going to play (against Woolwich) but whoever does, everyone knows how important those games are for us and for the fans. We will play a strong team, I guess, and hopefully get the same result. “I think I lost only once or twice (to Woolwich) and I’ve won a couple so my record (against them is) not too bad. “I want to play every game because I like to play football (but) sometimes it’s better for me to rest. I think it’s good that the medical staff and technical staff make that decision for you. “You can still be fresh in March or April that way.” Tottenham are coming off the back of two wins in a week. They beat Qarabag FK 3-1 in the Europa League with two goals from summer signing Son Heung-Min, and the Korean international found the net again as Spurs beat Crystal Palace 1-0 in the Premier League. Woolwich, meanwhile, will be looking to shake off defeats to Dinamo Zagreb and Chelsea in the past week.

They beat Qarabag FK 3-1 in the Europa League with two goals from summer signing Son Heung-Min, and the Korean international found the net again as Spurs beat Crystal Palace 1-0 in the Premier League. Woolwich, meanwhile, will be looking to shake off defeats to Dinamo Zagreb and Chelsea in the past week.
Anyone who says negative spiral will be put in one...

Who cares if they get beaten by them? Are you fucking kidding me? I'd rather be a dead pig laying around David Cameron's house than play any sort of "weakened" team against those cunts. :bentalebscream::dembelefingers:

It bothers me that anyone on this forum could disagree with wanting to beat Woolwich at all costs in any type of game without even justifying their reasons. Really does.

It's the start of the season, surely we can play our strongest for Arse and City. If we have to rest players Id rather Monaco away.

Against Monaco give the likes of Trippier, Nije, Wimmer, Carroll, Townsend the chance to impress. Arse and City are big games, I know Arse is the league cup but it's Arse, I wouldn't care if it was a friendly, cos it will never be a friendly with them.

We haven't finished above them in years.
There is a good chance they wont win the league.
So.... They will be looking at the cup competitions.
If we can stop them in one of them in September all well and good.
Play a strong team. Go for the throat

Against Giroud I think we need to rotate because you need physical, strong centre backs that won't give him any room to breathe. I think Fazio and Wimmer are perfect for this. This isn't like a few years ago when we threw in Caulker for his debut, they are two internationals with a great deal of experience and quality.

Do we think Giroud will play? I'd say this game has Walcott written all over it. The horrid little turd.

Back
Top Bottom