Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely. He bust his bollocks to get back & did so impressively. If he missed contact with the ball it was in the back of the net anyway. Rooney wasn't going to miss that. We got caught badly out of position with a careless ball from Bentaleb & from that point it was all hands on deck trying to close it down. Walker was bang unlucky because having got a foot to it, it could have gone anywhere. Had it rolled out for a corner everyone would have been saying "Walker back to his best". He has been guilty of some brain fart moments. That wasn't one of them.
It was bentalebs error of course I'm not denying that, Walker was 40 yards out of position to begin with as were all our defenders though tbf.

He does make silly mistakes all the time though, thats undeniable.

Walker is a very good player better than most of the right backs we've had in the last 20 years. Always represents tottenham in a good way a decent man who plays his best we should be proud he plays for spurs. He also does rather well in the NLD. Walker truthers you know nothing
So I take it the Walker lovers think he has played at a good level for the last cupla years then??
He has been nowhere near that first full season he had in 11/12, not even remotely close to the player I thought we had.
Bale, VdV, Lennon and modric all helped making him look good though in hindsight-especially Lennon.

So I take it the Walker lovers think he has played at a good level for the last cupla years then??
He has been nowhere near that first full season he had in 11/12, not even remotely close to the player I thought we had.
Bale, VdV, Lennon and modric all helped making him look good though in hindsight-especially Lennon.
agree. I think Trippier will be our 1st choice rb by the end of the season

Walker didn't fuck up against United. It was Bentaleb. People want to blame him for everything.
AGREE can we go now
701213.gif

he hasnt been as good because hes been dealing with a serious long term injury that has basically fucked up his last two seasons. so while it is disappointing that walker hasnt contributed all that much offensively im willing to give him time. as well imo defensively he has been outstanding so far this season

Wish this wasn't in the middle of the blasted day here in California. Told work I have a doctor's appointment though, so I'll still be watching at the pub with multiple drinks in my hands.

Wish this wasn't in the middle of the blasted day here in California. Told work I have a doctor's appointment though, so I'll still be watching at the pub with multiple drinks in my hands.

Glad you have your priorities straight. I used a sick day to watch the Qarabag match....might catch some heat for doing it again this Wednesday.....:walkercry:

----------------------------Lloris---------------------------
Trippier-----------Fazio--------Vertonghen-----Rose
-------------------------Dier---Mason--------------------
--Lamela------------------Alli----------------Townsend-
------------------------------N'Jie---------------------------

I would rest Toby, Walker, Son and Kane (would have rested Dier too if we had a replacement). Would also leave Eriksen out until City game.

Thought about this a little more yesterday and i've changed my mind..

------------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------
Trippier---------------Alderweirld----Wimmer---------Rose
----------------------------------Dier----Alli--------------------------
------Townsend-------------------Eriksen-------------Son-------
---------------------------------------Kane------------------------------

Last edited:
Lloris
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose
Carroll - Alli
Townsend - Lamela - N'Jie
Kane

We should use this opportunity to give our subs a real test, a motivating, highly competitive game that really means something for the fans. Leave our two captains out there with them to Spur them on, with Lamela and Alli included to see if they can keep going from their performance(s) lately. Our midfield might be a bit weak/soft, but will be a good test of Carroll' and Alli's ability to step/man up and grab the game by it's balls. For Kane this might kickstart his season for us, as I hope his desire to smesh Woolwich trumphs his panic over not scoring goals.

Then, for the City game, rest Kane, Alli and Lamela, and go:
Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Mason
Dembele - Eriksen - Son
Chadli

Would be a well utilised squad, giving us the best chances of results while maintaining a happy bunch of match fit players.

Lloris
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose
Carroll - Alli
Townsend - Lamela - N'Jie
Kane

We should use this opportunity to give our subs a real test, a motivating, highly competitive game that really means something for the fans. Leave our two captains out there with them to Spur them on, with Lamela and Alli included to see if they can keep going from their performance(s) lately. Our midfield might be a bit weak/soft, but will be a good test of Carroll' and Alli's ability to step/man up and grab the game by it's balls. For Kane this might kickstart his season for us, as I hope his desire to smesh Woolwich trumphs his panic over not scoring goals.

Then, for the City game, rest Kane, Alli and Lamela, and go:
Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Mason
Dembele - Eriksen - Son
Chadli

Would be a well utilised squad, giving us the best chances of results while maintaining a happy bunch of match fit players.

I disagree. We need the strongest team out there. Got to go with Alderweireld & Vertonghen at the back with Dier in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom