Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are trophies to be won here. You can't fill a trophy cabinet with 4th place finishes and record points totals in the league.
Not to mention Delli Alli's "heat map of the month" award for September based on yesterdays performance...
OPTA are engraving his name onto the trophy we speak!

Not to mention Delli Alli's "heat map of the month" award for September based on yesterdays performance...
OPTA are engraving his name onto the trophy we speak!

"It is better to fail with an impressive heat map than to succeed with no distance covered. And we of Spurs demand so much ground covered, so much in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of an impressive heat map"

Bill Nicholson

he hasnt been as good because hes been dealing with a serious long term injury that has basically fucked up his last two seasons. so while it is disappointing that walker hasnt contributed all that much offensively im willing to give him time. as well imo defensively he has been outstanding so far this season
put it another way. who could we realistically get thats significantly better than walker? i personally think hes better than trippier & far more proven. i dont think u can reasonable expect trippier to be significantly better for us.

I'm sure Poch understands the 'tribal' aspect of a North London Derby and will field a strong side, nevertheless, it is an opportunity to rest some players if he feels it necessary, especially against a weakened goon squad.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Weakened goons mean we play the best team and punish them
mayow.jpg

Ok "Charge for the Gun(ner)s!" it is...with apologies to Lord Tennyson.

Gabriel is available tomorrow, FA overruled the red card. Didnt know you were allowed to kick someone off the ball.. interesting

I'm not allowed to post links yet since I'm new around here

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Same team that played Palace with Eriksen in for Chadli in my opinion. We made so many chances on Sunday and always looked the better team. Palace threatened a couple of times but we always looked comfortable. One thing about Ozil is that he hates big tackles and goes quiet in games with a tough tackler in midfield. I think Dier could have him all game. I couldn't fault Lamela's work rate on the weekend, he gets back so much. Eriksen added that little bit extra we needed on Sunday.

They'll be without Mertersacker, Gabriel and Cazorla which is big. Nothing more I'd like than a win and for Kane to open his account.

Lamela next to Eriksen is what fucked us and lost us 2 points when were were 2 goals up.

Very risky against our rivals. It will either backfire and make Dier and Walker overun or it will be a cricket score and roll to dice to see who comes out on top.

We have got to play our strongest 11 no doubt Wenger will put out a weaker team to normal starring 11 but still good players. This is a chance for us with home advantage to rip em a new one.
A win over Woolwich in the cup is more important than City at home, which we always lose nowadays.

Oh when the spurs, go marching in, oh when the spurs go marching in...

Back
Top Bottom