Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not seen any of the game tbh. But this seasons performances have been piss poor, so was this game as bad or a bit of a step up ?
Not sure which like i said i have not seen the game, but obviously saw we were 2 up...any balanced match perspectives are appreciated, please..
Hope I can summarise:
  1. 3 Centre Backs named in the line up - everyone expecting 3-5-2
  2. Poch confirms 4-4-2 with Sanchez as RB. Fingernails start being bitten.
  3. [10 mins] Sanchez given the complete run around for 10 mins then they're done on the counter and Eriksen taps in. So far, so good - the lads look up for this. Xhaka kicking everbody in a white shirt (no cards shown). Promising counter attacks continue.
  4. [40 mins] Son drives into the box and Xhaka arrives about 1 min too late with his studs around the knee area (no card shown). Kane nearly takes the net off with the perfect penalty. I'd say we're fairly happy at this point. Lamela booked for not having is side parting straight enough
  5. [45 mins] Hugo makes his first save of the day.
  6. [45 mins +1] Hugo makes his second save of the day and Danny decides to play out from the back while the full Woolwich press is on. We lose the ball and Lacazette skips past a challenge and thumps it in. Bastard. That's a lifeline we've given them. Xhaka kicks 4 ball boys as the teams head down the tunnel (no cards shown)
  7. [55 mins] Woolwich dominating and the tackles are flying in. Xhaka pulls a stanley knife on Eriksen (no cards shown). Spurs chant "stand up if you're Champions League". Gooners retort "stand up if you've won the league". Everyone stands up.
  8. [59 mins] Best move of the match as we play through their back four only to see Harrys effort thump the inside of the post. Alli comes on to replace the walking red card that is Lamela.
  9. [70 mins] Woolwich players throwing themselves to ground in and around the box. Lots of pressure on Spurs but we're holding firm.
  10. [71 mins] Our defensive midfield decide not to press the ball because that seemed to work well in the last game and PEA nips in to get his studs on it. 2-2. Double Bastards. Polite applause ripples around the Library - Sshhh!
  11. [80 mins] Its pretty frantic stuff but we're getting the odd chance. Lo Celso comes on to replace Sonny and while we're excited to see the new boy there's audible head scratching as our main counter threat disappears.
  12. [82 mins] Lo Celso is clotheslined by Xhaka and Ceballos rugby tackles Alli in the area as the free kick comes in. No penalty and certainly no cards shown.
  13. [85 mins] Sanchez is so tired and dizzy, he needs an IV and this inhibits his heading ability as he does his best to setup their third.
  14. [87 mins] Sokratis starts a fight with Winks and the handbags swing. He's a tough one that defender of theirs.
  15. [90 +2] Martin Atkinson mistakes Xhaka for another player and books him for what seems the 20th card worthy foul. He immediately apologises and invites him and his Mum round for tea.
  16. [90+4] Kane goes down under challenge from Sokratis and its probably not a penalty, but it sure as shit is more of one than PEA got last season.
  17. [95 mins] Full Time.

Fuck me, people are talking about the cunts like they're some sort of hybrid of the Invincibles (sic) and 1970 Brazil while we have apparently morphed into 76-77 Spurs meets the Gross era team.

Some of you need to get a fucking grip on yourselves

We are in crisis .
Hope poch or lavy acknowledge it
Crisis!!!! Get a grip Bury is a crisis, Bolton is a crisis hurricane Dorian ripping people’s lives apart is a crisis losing a two nil lead in a football match or playing dogshit for a few games whilst still having a half decent squad is not a crisis.....

Look at the amount of replica shirts, absolute joke of a club.

The embarrassment of London

That is literally horrific.. As fans we deserve such better rivals..
I used to love the buzz of walking to and around a rivals ground but yesterday was so poor. They are so puny and half of them had spray tans the worst welcome committee I’ve ever seen.

Not sure why some are melting, yeah it’s a killer to lose a 2 goal lead but we’ve now played basically our 2 hardest away games this season and got 2 points. Once everyone is fit and firing I think we’ll a fucking excellent side this season. Lo Celso looked bright when he came on, very composed. Bring Ndombele in and get everyone up to match fitness and im excited.

The Newcastle game was an anomaly. Really liked the 4-4-2 in the first half as well

I don’t know what you were watching or drinking while you were watching.We were saved by VAR and but for VAR that would have been two consecutive seasons - two up at the @rsenal only for them to comeback and us to to lose again. I went nuts at that final whistle - very happy for a point rather than a defeat. We have no killer instinct and when they step up to the plate we flap - yes they had the last laugh again!
We weren't saved by VAR - the linesman spotted and flagged the offside, which was clear - but VAR did nothing about Dele Alli's penalty claim. If anything, we were let down by VAR.

I couldn't give a rat's snatch about the line up or formation. I just want to see

Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero, Hero

beat

Cunt, Cunt, Cunt, Cunt, Cunt, Cunt, Cunt, Cunt, Cunt, Cunt.

The eagle-eyed among you will notice that they only have 10 Cunts playing for them. That's because Cunt gets sent off early doors

I don't know
He's not really earning it. Sanchez has been poor in every position. I think we should sell him while he's young and fit and use that money more wisely
I too react and slag players from time to time and especially after Newcastle, but can’t today.

Sanchez was played at RB in a premier league match for the first time ever and had to face premium ( arguably world class ) players away from home @ a stadium that is really hard to get anything from.

No wonder he looked rocky, but facts are facts he never cost us a goal. Never gave up, never moaned and did as much as anyone would do in the circumstances.

Give the guy a pat on the back and say well done, selling him or slagging him is simply not reasonable.

Trying to ponder the situation heading into the intl break.

The table looks shitty but gooners away and city away now done. Got a result in both. A couple weeks to get Lo Celso up to speed and hopefully sessegnon and ndombele back (and maybe foyth). An optimistic run of games coming up. We’re in better shape than I initially think with how I’ve perceived the start of the season.

We need to get healthy though, and soon.

Would've taken a point before the game.
Bit frustrating after being 2-0 up but that's football, improvement on last year's result so reasonably content.

My main gripe is the standard of officiating in the 'best league in the world'.
Ignoring the penalty at the end (which was stone wall and no different to the one Aubameyang got a Wembley in the last minute last year). Ceballos rugby tackling Alli to the floor and no one even comments on it. Yellow cards to us for nothing challenges yet Xhaka gives away a penalty and makes 7 fouls before he’s booked in the last minute. Even the 50/50 tackles you want to see in a derby were classed as free kicks for Woolwich until it went 2-2 and we suddenly get 3 of them in a minute.

Everyone goes on about VAR ruining the game etc (different story!) but when will we actually take a step back and question whether the bloke in the middle of the pitch is up to the job? Not just in our game yesterday which was one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen for a long time, but in games throughout the league already this season the standard of referees has been called into question.

That was daylight fucking robbery - but we should have had a second pen. We robbed them blind to get a point today and they will be broken-hearted by it. We need to improve but when our lads are all fit we can

What? Kane hit the post at 2-1, Son and Sissoko had some big chances, potential penalty at the end. It was nothing like the City game. It was two similar teams with dodgy defences but lively players up front. Draw is the fair result IMO.

If Rose clears that ball before half time we would have won.

If you’d have told me before the season started that we’d have drawn at City and at Woolwich I’d have been more than fine with that. That fucking Newcastle loss just taints everything.

Off for a pint.....parting thought...

39fk2s.jpg

I'm not normally one for making predictions and so on on, but my good friend Mystic Madrid has just entered the room and foreseen the following...

1) At least one David Luiz comedy brainfade
2) The Guardian and/or other media outlets to bring up the banana incident from last season
3) Gap Year to do something half-skillful in the first 15 minutes to sycophantic cooing from the commentator, followed by 75 minutes of invisibility
4) Héctor Bellerín to make me feel physically sick, either before, during or after
5a) If they score, the goal to be celebrated in some pathetically contrived and cringe-inducing manner
5b) The goal to be accompanied by a cunt pundit pondering on whether "normal service has been restored to North London" or somesuch fuck-trumpeting
6) My wife to complain bitterly about the infantile abuse pouring from my mouth. "Why can't you just enjoy the match normally?"

0a79e8730e1031bf7021a26c7014013e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom