Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, and I don't like to slag the side off, but Poch gets a lot of praise for developing young players. Well, he's not developing Sanchez. In fact, he's fucking him over by moving him about and getting him to play in different positions.

Stick him in one place and let him learn his craft.

And play fucking Aurier.

Horror show from Sanchez today.

It just underlines the fact that you don't play players out of their natural position.

We tried it a couple of seasons ago playing Son as wing back. It didn't work.

Never again. City or the Scousers would have taken us to the cleaners.

Anyway, international break comes at a good time for us. Time to regroup and get players fit (although why they're crocked this early in the season is beyond me)

Got away with a draw. Can't be too upset considering our form & problems. 100% need a RB in January if we can. This break comes at a good time for us.

Off for a pint.....parting thought...

39fk2s.jpg

Today shows why the likes of Sissoko and Lamela are squad players at best. Need to get Ndombele back asap and Lo Celso up to speed because Winks is overwhelmed in there at the moment.

Lamela and Sissoko would be good at bringing some late game intensity but lack the quality we need in games like this.

Fullbacks are a God awful mess at the moment.

Remind me
Why did we pay 40 mil for Sanchez?
To replace the old first choice RB who we sold, and the new second choice RB who isn’t part of the club.
The new first choice RB is injured but instead of playing someone who is more suitable (Rose with Jan LB, or throw Davies there, or Sissoko) we went with Sanchez.

And stuck with it.

For 90 minutes.

I am really worried about Kane, it looks to me as if he'd declined greatly physically. Still getting goals and making nice passes but he is so slow, lumbersome and his balance/shielding used to be so much better.

He isn't winning any aerial balls these days and his pressing looks lethargic.
Early days in the season still, but it is worrying. He should not be losing 100% of aerial challenges against Sokratis and Otamendi. They simply aren't that tall...

Today shows why the likes of Sissoko and Lamela are squad players at best. Need to get Ndombele back asap and Lo Celso up to speed because Winks is overwhelmed in there at the moment.

Lamela and Sissoko would be good at bringing some late game intensity but lack the quality we need in games like this.

Fullbacks are a God awful mess at the moment.
I don't think Lamela played that bad...

I don’t think we bottled this match by any stretch. This is just what happens when you look at Winks and Sissoko and think “Yep, that’s my midfield” and look at Sanchez and say “Let’s play the guy struggling with CB positioning at RB!”

Seriously a draw here is great. If we’d have beaten Newcastle no one would have complained.

Back
Top Bottom