Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would suggest for balance, that not being able to play on Saturdays would limit opportunities.

You have to be religious so-as- to adhere to that custom so my friend you are wrong.

It’s clear to me that you are “ very maybe” a multi; that you are merely trying to stimulate debate as regarding the religion based comments on my prior to red card banning postings. If you wish to discuss the former MP George Galloway comments re Israeli flags I suggest you bump that thread and discuss it there.

Otherwise maybe start a thread relating to religion and it edicts!

I will. And that's a promise. As a Jew, I have no tolerance of any intolerance towards others beliefs, religious or otherwise.

Nor should you have. That said - let it be proven that intolerance has been spouted and if it has I agree ban them for life! I speak freely and honestly where my perception of religion is concerned and I don’t discriminate be the issue Christianity, Islam, or any Chinese doctrine you might name... nor do I fear the collective fobia pertaining to Judaism merely being mentioned in a discussion!

You have to be religious so-as- to adhere to that custom so my friend you are wrong.

It’s clear to me that you are “ very maybe” a multi; that you are merely trying to stimulate debate as regarding the religion based comments on my prior to red card banning postings.
At the risk of taking this even further off topic than you've already managed I don't think that pointing out that the observance of a religious day that occurs on a Saturday is being "very maybe a multi".

It might be, but I don't understand it because it's incoherent. My lack of religious beliefs have no place on here, so let's agree not to derail this any further.

At the risk of taking this even further off topic than you've already managed I don't think that pointing out that the observance of a religious day that occurs on a Saturday is being "very maybe a multi".

It might be, but I don't understand it because it's incoherent. My lack of religious beliefs have no place on here, so let's agree not to derail this any further.

I hear you old chap and concur 👍

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Nice point. Unexpected and surprised, given the recent form and lack of possession by Spurs. However, we played some nice football when we did have possession.

2. Could of easily had all three points, missed a lot of opportunities as per the usual. See Sissoko

3. Sanchez is lost, is Serge that far off Pochettino’s radar? WTF?

4. Kane has the best PK in the League, and perhaps Europe.

5. Jan and Toby were solid.

6. Hugo had some top shelf saves, but his distribution is terrible. Clearances are wounded ducks or over the touch line.

7. Per usual, the Spurs’ opponent’s keeper has an off the charts performance.

1. Nice point. Unexpected and surprised, given the recent form and lack of possession by Spurs. However, we played some nice football when we did have possession.

2. Could of easily had all three points, missed a lot of opportunities as per the usual. See Sissoko

6. Hugo had some top shelf saves, but his distribution is terrible. Clearances are wounded ducks or over the touch line.

Jan was at fault in the first goal. Let his guy slip by him and score.

I rewatched the game. Sanchez was not that bad.

Agree with all of that except 7. Leno was pretty poor for the first goal. Not sure what it was, but it wasn’t goalkeeping. Good save from Eriksen freekick though. I’ll give you that.

For me, Lacazette was Toby’s mark, but it all transpired off a shitty clearance from Sanchez. He has to send it to the other box or out.

I rewatched the game. The clearance wasn’t that bad. Many things happened after that prior to the goal. Many things happened prior to the clearance - what was Rose doing?

Vert was at fault for the second goal.

People are talking about lack of energy, when will the light go off that Poch exhausts them every year in July/August.

It's mad he hasn't developed this part as a change, to wind it off earlier. Humans are finite in vibrance, you start making them run on adrenaline too long you will have a squad of Danny Roses...

Which I do think is part of the moral issue presently, the older squad must hate being run into the ground (I bet).

People are talking about lack of energy, when will the light go off that Poch exhausts them every year in July/August.

It's mad he hasn't developed this part as a change, to wind it off earlier. Humans are finite in vibrance, you start making them run on adrenaline too long you will have a squad of Danny Roses...

Which I do think is part of the moral issue presently, the older squad must hate being run into the ground (I bet).

They look mentally tired as much as anything. The way poch plays is win or bust, this team has to win something soon or there will be an exodus. He can have another go at it in my opinion, beats 90 percent of my experiences as a spurs fan.

They look mentally tired as much as anything. The way poch plays is win or bust, this team has to win something soon or there will be an exodus. He can have another go at it in my opinion, beats 90 percent of my experiences as a spurs fan.

Possibly, didn't see Sunday. Just reading the posts.

Not anti-poch at all, he's my man, until he wants otherwise.

But the issue with Vertongen is very troubling "conditioning" or essentially saying he didn't put enough in pre-season (I honestly think a set have spoken out to him), just spitballing of course.

Back
Top Bottom