Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whoever was complicit in selling Trippier without a replacement is guilty for the current situation

If Walker started ahead of Sanchez today we would 100% have won the game.
If our centre halves could mark attackers we might have won all four games.

First goal today Toby leave Lacazette free, second goal Jan lets their striker run straight across him.

We may need 3 new centre halves come next season. Surely Tanganga gets a go soon.

Second week running he decides to go for the penalty instead of actually doing something with the ball. He plays for the penalty and maybe technically it is a penalty, but the fact that he makes it so obvious he's playing for it makes the ref automatically not like it.
I'm happy you know what's going on in his mind. If he hadn't been fouled he would have taken the shot. He really didn't have much option.

Not sure why some are melting, yeah it’s a killer to lose a 2 goal lead but we’ve now played basically our 2 hardest away games this season and got 2 points. Once everyone is fit and firing I think we’ll a fucking excellent side this season. Lo Celso looked bright when he came on, very composed. Bring Ndombele in and get everyone up to match fitness and im excited.

The Newcastle game was an anomaly. Really liked the 4-4-2 in the first half as well

Another horrid performance, there's no point saying otherwise.

It's only fair that some questions need to be asked of Poch tbf, because we have looked an absolute shambles so far this season...

The right back situation - I know he's nothing special, but in Aurier we do have a fully fit, international right back sitting at home. Why is he not playing? It's clear as day it's not for footballing reasons. Fucking Gazzaniga would have been better at right back than Sanchez today, who was a mess for most of the game.

The formation - It's almost laughable he hasn't learned at this stage, but WHY does Poch persistently play a two man midfield against teams that are playing 3 there? Champions League final he did it, against City he did it, and again today. It would be fine if playing on the counter and bypassing midfield was our game plan, but it clearly isn't because we constantly play the ball out from the back to our defence, who then can't move it into midfield because we are outnumbered. It's just bonkers.

The substitutions - I think this speaks for itself. We are being hemmed in, and he proceeds to take off our only outlet with a bit of pace and trickery and replaces him with a number 8/10, and puts him out wide. How Lucas didn't get a kick when we even had a spare sub left and were constantly countering them for the last 10 mins and having him at the end of chances instead of fucking Sissoko could have been the difference, only Poch can account for.
I sometimes get the feeling he wants the sack!

Fucking buggers have wound me up. Scum were there for the taking. Not even gonna think or debate Spurs for a week now. Need to shake that bullshit out my system.

So frustrating.

Out.

yeah... you do realise 4,438 of them were online wank thirsty Gooners... you do know how the internet works, don't you...? It's run by ArseAnal fans...
Or do you think 4,439 votes actually COUNT for something... you fucking BBC Arseanal Sucking Twat Cunt!
That was a clear penalty. If anyone doesn't see that, then they know next to nothing about the game. That is not an opinion. It's a fact.

The result is fine it’s the fact that we feel like playing with one hand behind our back all year.

Poch is 0/4 this season on tactics in my view. It frustrating as fuck.

Sissoko is the best player at getting in positions that he is ill-suited for. I appreciate all he did last year but if everyone’s fit he should never start a league or CL match.
Yeah that’s a unwanted irony. I mean just hit the target. Once. The law of averages suggests the balk should occupy that space some of the time

Back
Top Bottom