Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He isn't winning any aerial balls these days and his pressing looks lethargic.
Early days in the season still, but it is worrying. He should not be losing 100% of aerial challenges against Sokratis and Otamendi. They simply aren't that tall...

He's scared of that ankle going again you can tell, he's not jumping he's not committing to challenges and he's lost a yard or two of pace. He's gonna have to adjust his game or we will have to adjust how we play to suit him

I'm going to console myself knowing that if we were 2-0 down and came back to grab a point I'd probably be in a fairly decent mood right now
Blimey how can you compare that scenario with what you have just witnessed ? There is no way we would have come back from 2-0 down today. I really don't want to read what I know is going to be printed over the next couple of hours.
We simply have no Plan B when we are either trying to hold a lead or recover from being behind. Playing out from the back is pulse stoppingly embarrassing and the manager is immovable regarding substitutions and his idolising of Kane and Alli is at the expense of other players capable of changing the game.:(
Sound of taxi.....bye.

Kane didn't dive. You can see quite clearly on the slo mo replay that he was deliberately shoved to the ground
The VAR missed a clear penalty.

Second week running he decides to go for the penalty instead of actually doing something with the ball. He plays for the penalty and maybe technically it is a penalty, but the fact that he makes it so obvious he's playing for it makes the ref automatically not like it.

Woolwich are two decent defenders away from a title challenging team, we may not like to hear it or even think it, but it’s not far off the truth!

3rd is a given for them this season and we need to hope Ollie stays at the wheel up in Manc land, and Frank Lampards Chelsea don’t click......
Title challenging? Fuck that noise. Their midfield is almost as bad as ours was last year outside of Gap Year, and their defense is worse than 3 Sanchezes and a Rose. This game reassured me that they may be better then Chelsea and United, but a fully healthy Spurs is clearly better.

Woolwich are two decent defenders away from a title challenging team, we may not like to hear it or even think it, but it’s not far off the truth!

3rd is a given for them this season and we need to hope Ollie stays at the wheel up in Manc land, and Frank Lampards Chelsea don’t click......
No they aren't which is why bottling a two nill lead to them was so shit.

What? Kane hit the post at 2-1, Son and Sissoko had some big chances, potential penalty at the end. It was nothing like the City game. It was two similar teams with dodgy defences but lively players up front. Draw is the fair result IMO.

If Rose clears that ball before half time we would have won.
I’m biased but I’m not one-eyed. We had no control of midfield, our press was non existent, our response to the press was not good enough and most seriously we looked all at sea down Davinsons flank. Yes we had chances but we robbed them. Personally I’m happy because it adds to the Goon salt to know they didn’t win. Now regarding Harry’s second pen - that should have been, and had it been I would have loved it even more! Personally I thought Son looked really good and hopefully he will kick on again

That and 2 good CMs and LB....

There the same as us some great players but glaring holes in the squad, we will fight them for 3/4th, I just hope when the fixtures start coming in they fall of like always

Another horrid performance, there's no point saying otherwise.

It's only fair that some questions need to be asked of Poch tbf, because we have looked an absolute shambles so far this season...

The right back situation - I know he's nothing special, but in Aurier we do have a fully fit, international right back sitting at home. Why is he not playing? It's clear as day it's not for footballing reasons. Fucking Gazzaniga would have been better at right back than Sanchez today, who was a mess for most of the game.

The formation - It's almost laughable he hasn't learned at this stage, but WHY does Poch persistently play a two man midfield against teams that are playing 3 there? Champions League final he did it, against City he did it, and again today. It would be fine if playing on the counter and bypassing midfield was our game plan, but it clearly isn't because we constantly play the ball out from the back to our defence, who then can't move it into midfield because we are outnumbered. It's just bonkers.

The substitutions - I think this speaks for itself. We are being hemmed in, and he proceeds to take off our only outlet with a bit of pace and trickery and replaces him with a number 8/10, and puts him out wide. How Lucas didn't get a kick when we even had a spare sub left and were constantly countering them for the last 10 mins and having him at the end of chances instead of fucking Sissoko could have been the difference, only Poch can account for.

Blimey how can you compare that scenario with what you have just witnessed ? There is no way we would have come back from 2-0 down today. I really don't want to read what I know is going to be printed over the next couple of hours.
We simply have no Plan B when we are either trying to hold a lead or recover from being behind. Playing out from the back is pulse stoppingly embarrassing and the manager is immovable regarding substitutions and his idolising of Kane and Alli is at the expense of other players capable of changing the game.:(
Sound of taxi.....bye.
No. But the outcome is the same. 1 point away at a top 6 rival.
As I keep saying, far too much negativity. Take some joy from wherever you can.

Sound of taxi.....bye.
It’s absurd isn’t it.....take solace in something that didn’t happen in order to not call out the failings of the manager in the second half.

I might re watch it, turn it off at 44 minutes and call it a masterclass

Posted at 18:3918:39
Post update
The people have spoken - 1,511 of you say Harry Kane should have had a penalty, but 4,439 say he dived (18:29).
Having seen it again, I'd say he went down easily, although not a full-blown dive. He was definitely shoved.

yeah... you do realise 4,438 of them were online wank thirsty Gooners... you do know how the internet works, don't you...? It's run by ArseAnal fans...
Or do you think 4,439 votes actually COUNT for something... you fucking BBC Arseanal Sucking Twat Cunt!

Back
Top Bottom