Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm signing off for a couple of hours. I really do not wish to read posts that tell me we earned a good point today. As far as I am concerned we tactically threw away 2 and were lucky to come away with anything.
Catch you all later... :(

Another horrid performance, there's no point saying otherwise.

It's only fair that some questions need to be asked of Poch tbf, because we have looked an absolute shambles so far this season...

The right back situation - I know he's nothing special, but in Aurier we do have a fully fit, international right back sitting at home. Why is he not playing? It's clear as day it's not for footballing reasons. Fucking Gazzaniga would have been better at right back than Sanchez today, who was a mess for most of the game.

The formation - It's almost laughable he hasn't learned at this stage, but WHY does Poch persistently play a two man midfield against teams that are playing 3 there? Champions League final he did it, against City he did it, and again today. It would be fine if playing on the counter and bypassing midfield was our game plan, but it clearly isn't because we constantly play the ball out from the back to our defence, who then can't move it into midfield because we are outnumbered. It's just bonkers.

The substitutions - I think this speaks for itself. We are being hemmed in, and he proceeds to take off our only outlet with a bit of pace and trickery and replaces him with a number 8/10, and puts him out wide. How Lucas didn't get a kick when we even had a spare sub left and were constantly countering them for the last 10 mins and having him at the end of chances instead of fucking Sissoko could have been the difference, only Poch can account for.

2-2 before kick off would have been a good result, but after going 2-0 up it’s a little disappointing. Still a good result though, we were holding on a bit. Think if we didn’t concede before half time we’d have gone on to win it.

I thought everyone played well today, no real passengers. But why in 2 big matches vs Woolwich and Liverpool does the chance to win it in the last minute have to fall to Sissoko?!

Another fun packed day out at the Shit bags arena.

Im coming out of that quite positive. Yes I know we were 2 up but we would have all taken a 2-2 at the start of the day.
We were ravaged with injury and let’s not forget they were going to rip us apart from the off because they were palming Pepe, Oboomerang and lack of threat, but they didn’t we created all the early chances. We have all moaned that we have started slowly but today we caused the problems. 2nd half we rode our luck and at 2-2 a defeat was quite possible.
We are only the Newcastle result away from a good start.. A villa and Newcastle win and draws away to Man City and Woolwich would have been good so one result is all we have been guilty of.
A defeat today would have been disastrous and could have resulted in a spiral of doom but we didn’t so this is what should kick start us. The team showed signs of encouragement which is good after last week.

Oh and their fans are still as thick as pig shit.. We were singing stand up if you’re champions league to which they replied stand up if you’ve won the league. We really deserve better, absolute mess of a fan base. I feel more scared doing my shopping in tescos than I do walking to that ground with there fans hanging around in little groups..

All in all a good day.. COYS!!!!!!!!

No It's not weird, we have been talking about our poor form since last season, the excuse was CL distractions. But we still not playing well. No body would have cared about the table if we were playing well in the first 3 matches, even if we had lost to city but beaten newcastle and on 6 points. This would have meant we have turned the corner but we haven't and this is a continuation from last season.

Play well and lose happens but play poorly and loose attracts criticism.

No one would have given a shit about that ridiculous table if we hadn't played well and managed to win. Kane rightly gets given his penalty and we salvage a draw, stay unbeaten and move up to 4th heading into next week and no one gives a toss mate.

The table is as pathetic as the one that used to get posted when we would "WIN THE CALENDAR YEAR PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE"

This place and social media is an absolute cancer whenever we lose. Regardless of performance and regardless of who we lose to.Just the way it is now. The price you pay when you're now considered big time.

The thought of the players all being pissed during the game is throwing up some amusing(to me) scenarios.
Imagine Woolwich have just scored their 3rd after 8 minutes of play,but the game cant restart because the Spurs players all sat in a column on the floor doing "opps upside your head"

I am actually chuckling at work .
And we could have Hugo attempting to park the bus but mounting the kerb and ploughing into the corner flag...

Monday morning: fuck the NLD, we are a shambles and will probably lose, might even get smashed

Friday evening: very interesting game on Sunday, reasonably confident that we can get some kind of result

Last edited:
I know this is a normal state of mind for a Spurs fan but this is the least confident I've been going into a NLD since the Redknapp years. Let's hope I'm totally wrong and we finally get our season going!

Not today spurs not today please
giphy.gif

Seriously, if I was Lucas Moura I would be handing in my transfer request straight after this game. It's an absolute insult to the lad. The Alli and Kane show will always come first as long as Poch is boss.
Very,very sad,

Back
Top Bottom