Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi guys Johnny here , I've been a lurker for too long now so I thought today I would actually join . I'm not a moaner or a grumbler ....well when Spurs lose maybe a bit .......but usually try and be constructive . I only hope I haven't joined at a bad time !

Also, and I don't like to slag the side off, but Poch gets a lot of praise for developing young players. Well, he's not developing Sanchez. In fact, he's fucking him over by moving him about and getting him to play in different positions.

Stick him in one place and let him learn his craft.

And play fucking Aurier.

Thought winks was brilliant today. More to do with his off the ball tracking back and covering runs and getting his foot stuck in to tackles.

Lamela and Eriksen were good, son too.

Ref was atrocious, could argue he fucked our game plan with the yellows and not booking their players, particularly Xhaka.
Agreed
How xhaka got away without being booked until 90 minute. The tackle on son for the pen was a yellow all day long

2 inches, that Kane shot bounces in off the post and not out off the post and we're all celebrating how Our legend Harry Kane vanquished the little gooners with a brace.

It was shite to let them off the hook. We could have played better. But perspective matters. We've take 2 points off 2 of the toughest away matches we traditionally face. It's the Newcastle debacle that's put us in such an unhappy situation. Win that and we'd be right in the thick of the title race.

Need to improve, but we've started slow before.

SouthStand Billy

🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓
This is the perfect opportunity to put today's shit show well and truly behind us. Win here and all is forgiven.

Poch must pick his best team and forget any disagreements he may or may not have.

Lucky enough to have a ticket for this. We will not let the club down so hopefully the players will do the same..

1-2 and all will seem good again.

COYS !!!!

EDYrq5rWwAAAXFD.jpg:large

Well, at least we solved the right back problem. Simply don't play one.

Blimey how can you compare that scenario with what you have just witnessed ? There is no way we would have come back from 2-0 down today. I really don't want to read what I know is going to be printed over the next couple of hours.
We simply have no Plan B when we are either trying to hold a lead or recover from being behind. Playing out from the back is pulse stoppingly embarrassing and the manager is immovable regarding substitutions and his idolising of Kane and Alli is at the expense of other players capable of changing the game.:(
Sound of taxi.....bye.

Sorry to pick on you (there have been loads of negative posters of late) . But really just fuck off with the taxi for Poch shit.
We have become an elite team under Poch and you want to gamble that away on who??? And even if you name 1 or 2 candidates, what are the chances they will come? Surely you realise that if fans run Poch out we will in all likelihood end up with someone weaker. We will still have the same transfer budgets and nothing will improve.

I am not saying Poch is perfect. He like, every manager (even Pep & Klopp) makes mistakes, but it will turn around.

Times have changed, perhaps the fans perspective should too. There's definitely a disconnect between the fans and ambition; some are happy we're even in the top 4 and some want us challenging for cups and titles. Some are happy with a draw when being 2-0 up and some feel gutted.
Like I said, perspective.
It's my honest opinion that the squad we have has over achieved these last 4 years with regards to our league position.
I don't think we've really earned the right to feel gutted at drawing away at a top 6 rival.
Disappointed at throwing away a 2 goal lead? Of course. But gutted? Nah, not for me

That is literally horrific.. As fans we deserve such better rivals..
I used to love the buzz of walking to and around a rivals ground but yesterday was so poor. They are so puny and half of them had spray tans the worst welcome committee I’ve ever seen.
They reckon they have a firm these days, I’ll be honest I’ve never ever been worried about a gooner in any capacity at any game or around the grounds. Ever.

If we do draw please don't anybody tell me it's a good point....they were there for the taking. Once again Poch and his utter fucking stubbornness over keeping Kane on and not making early substitutions will cost us dear.

Would have taken that point all day long before the game. At 2-0 up, not so sure.

Positive is that we've gone to City and Scum away this season and not lost, hopefully after the international break we get some players from injury and some improvement in performances because we still dont look at it.

Back
Top Bottom