Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Melt? You last paragraph is just pure wrong. A competent pair of centre halves wouldnt have conceded either.

Jan and toby of 16/17 certainly wouldnt have.

If you think centre halves losing their men is "playing well" God help us all
How do you defend that second goal? Not many defenders woulda stopped that.

Poch is building his second team, it's new territory for him and the club. Poch and the club have never been 6 years at same club or in clubs case 6 years with the same manager. Think because it's new ground for both a strategic plan was lacking leading to frustration from both sides. Poch prob wanted more players sold to create a better environment and poss more players in. Its very difficult moving players out of clubs in London and the ones like toby eriksen to name a couple prob only wanted moves that were a level above spurs. Alot of talent in this squad and even with us having problems we have drawn at both city and the gooners in a month.

Think I'm gonna re-watch the whole game again tomorrow, without the emotion and incredible insights of Jamie twatface Redknapp (why he isn't a top level manager is a mystery). I can properly digest it then as perhaps we did better than I thought...

Just too fucking tense at the time so everything gets magnified. One thing I can't fault is the effort which was badly lacking last week

Not happy with it. But not suicidal either.
Yes being 2-0 makes it seem worse than it is. But at the end of the day, a point away at Woolwich is a point away at Woolwich. However it comes.
And a point away at any top 6 team shouldn't be made out to be the catastrophe some on here calling it.
A decade ago we'd be celebrating.
Christ dude you changed your pic thought it was some new guy I’d agree with than I realized it was you!

Seriously though I like it, the old pic creeped me out even if I understood what you were going for.

Poch is building his second team, it's new territory for him and the club. Poch and the club have never been 6 years at same club or in clubs case 6 years with the same manager. Think because it's new ground for both a strategic plan was lacking leading to frustration from both sides. Poch prob wanted more players sold to create a better environment and poss more players in. Its very difficult moving players out of clubs in London and the ones like toby eriksen to name a couple prob only wanted moves that were a level above spurs. Alot of talent in this squad and even with us having problems we have drawn at both city and the gooners in a month.

Exactly. As it stands we have an excellent nucleus that needs evolving and it's the first time a manager in modern era has been in his 6th year and needed to do this with our club.

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Foyth, Sanchez, Winks, Ndombele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dele, Son, Kane we have plenty of depth and decent quality. My issue is a lot of the new guard aren't pulling up trees just yet which is an area of concern as we will need to replace the first teamers with new first teamers.

Davinson is the biggest concern as I really want to like him and see him come good but the flaws in his game leave us so exposed that it may hurt us more than I'm prepared to see. That header today when he gifted it to them instead of just letting it go for a goal kick over the top of him was the biggest moment yet this season that's shown me he simply ain't at the required mindset for what we need. He adds great depth, but will that be enough for him and is it enough for us? Tough call to make on him if he doesn't learn his surroundings more.

Exactly. As it stands we have an excellent nucleus that needs evolving and it's the first time a manager in modern era has been in his 6th year and needed to do this with our club.

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Foyth, Sanchez, Winks, Ndombele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dele, Son, Kane we have plenty of depth and decent quality. My issue is a lot of the new guard aren't pulling up trees just yet which is an area of concern as we will need to replace the first teamers with new first teamers.

Davinson is the biggest concern as I really want to like him and see him come good but the flaws in his game leave us so exposed that it may hurt us more than I'm prepared to see. That header today when he gifted it to them instead of just letting it go for a goal kick over the top of him was the biggest moment yet this season that's shown me he simply ain't at the required mindset for what we need. He adds great depth, but will that be enough for him and is it enough for us? Tough call to make on him if he doesn't learn his surroundings more.
There is scope for Poch to rebuild a team. I think you’ve highlighted enough in the middle and forward areas to be excited about .

It’s the defence that’s going to be the hardest part by far

Not seen any of the game tbh. But this seasons performances have been piss poor, so was this game as bad or a bit of a step up ?
Not sure which like i said i have not seen the game, but obviously saw we were 2 up...any balanced match perspectives are appreciated, please..

Son hasn’t converted anything in a longgggg time

Yeah it’s a little bit worrying and gone under the radar that Son has been firing blanks for a long time now. He had that insane game against City, but he has been rather ineffective in front of goal since that match. We have some easier games coming up, so lets hope he can score some goals soon.

1 min 45 sec on here and you really don't think our defenders did anything wrong ? 3 of them around the scorer but just did not anticipate the incoming ball....Aubameyang did though :(

Because, of course, the correct way to deal with a ball into the box is to stand still and hope everyone else does the same.

Back
Top Bottom