Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank you Mrs Perryman you've always been a beacon of light and positivity in a darkness of melters, trolls and inbeciles
You wouldn't have thought so if you had been standing next to me when the game was on!
However once it's over, I tend to see the game a bit more clearer. I need to get my blood pressure back to normal asap :)

2 inches, that Kane shot bounces in off the post and not out off the post and we're all celebrating how Our legend Harry Kane vanquished the little gooners with a brace.

It was shite to let them off the hook. We could have played better. But perspective matters. We've take 2 points off 2 of the toughest away matches we traditionally face. It's the Newcastle debacle that's put us in such an unhappy situation. Win that and we'd be right in the thick of the title race.

Need to improve, but we've started slow before.

2 -0 up and a defense as shit as Woolwich we should win , top sides would.
Go support one then.

I support Spurs, I cant change what happens on the pitch or behind the scenes, so I am happy to take a 2 all draw away from home at the sewer of our biggest rivals as being an OK result. With our best team and a Sissoko who didn't go to pieces in the last 30 yards of a football pitch and wed have won it.

gotta give Woolwich credit. they played well and came out to play, particularly in that second half. our defense looked shaky but i gotta say that Woolwich had some serious firepower and hustle that made it even more difficult for us. they're going to be a problem for many teams this year and they'll keep getting better. they're playing like a team with something to prove.

after kane went down last year, it seems that the spurs' success begins and ends with son's play. if he's on, we play well and win. when he's off, we fall off and struggle to find any form. today's game was no different. he was supurb that first half and Woolwich was on their back foot trying to deal with the amount of pressure he was putting on them. in the second half, i think son started to get greedy and tried to do too much hence a big fall off in form for us. if we could only find a way to get some consistency out of him...

sanchez needs to be replaced immdiately. other than that, an above average performance for us that was more a tale of two halves.

Go support one then.

I support Spurs, I cant change what happens on the pitch or behind the scenes, so I am happy to take a 2 all draw away from home at the sewer of our biggest rivals as being an OK result. With our best team and a Sissoko who didn't go to pieces in the last 30 yards of a football pitch and wed have won it.

Have a day off Mick.

God what a melt.

I'm sure at some point over the next couple of days, cooler heads will prevail and realize that Sanchez aside, our back 4 played pretty well. Woolwich dominated possession and we were under constant attack from absolutely top players, and our defense broke up LOTS of promising Woolwich opportunities with important defending. To think Woolwich were going to play with that much possession and not score is just silly. This was destined to be a game where both teams put up some goals as Woolwich pressed hard in attack but is weak on the counter.

Both of Woolwich's goals were very well worked. Melts are always looking to assign blame on every conceded goal. Sometimes the other team's attack is the primary reason they scored, not our defense.
Melt? You last paragraph is just pure wrong. A competent pair of centre halves wouldnt have conceded either.

Jan and toby of 16/17 certainly wouldnt have.

If you think centre halves losing their men is "playing well" God help us all

gotta give Woolwich credit. they played well and came out to play, particularly in that second half. our defense looked shaky but i gotta say that Woolwich had some serious firepower and hustle that made it even more difficult for us. they're going to be a problem for many teams this year and they'll keep getting better. they're playing like a team with something to prove.

after kane went down last year, it seems that the spurs' success begins and ends with son's play. if he's on, we play well and win. when he's off, we fall off and struggle to find any form. today's game was no different. he was supurb that first half and Woolwich was on their back foot trying to deal with the amount of pressure he was putting on them. in the second half, i think son started to get greedy and tried to do too much hence a big fall off in form for us. if we could only find a way to get some consistency out of him...

sanchez needs to be replaced immdiately. other than that, an above average performance for us that was more a tale of two halves.

They came out second half because we gifted them the incentive on the stroke of HT, we haven't managed games well for about a year.

A draw to Woolwich and man city away from home are decent results. If we hadnt let ourselves down against newcastle we’d be saying how good our start had been.

Its typical spurs dropping points in games we’re supposed to win. We’re notorious for it.

Another fun packed day out at the Shit bags arena.

Im coming out of that quite positive. Yes I know we were 2 up but we would have all taken a 2-2 at the start of the day.
We were ravaged with injury and let’s not forget they were going to rip us apart from the off because they were palming Pepe, Oboomerang and lack of threat, but they didn’t we created all the early chances. We have all moaned that we have started slowly but today we caused the problems. 2nd half we rode our luck and at 2-2 a defeat was quite possible.
We are only the Newcastle result away from a good start.. A villa and Newcastle win and draws away to Man City and Woolwich would have been good so one result is all we have been guilty of.
A defeat today would have been disastrous and could have resulted in a spiral of doom but we didn’t so this is what should kick start us. The team showed signs of encouragement which is good after last week.

Oh and their fans are still as thick as pig shit.. We were singing stand up if you’re champions league to which they replied stand up if you’ve won the league. We really deserve better, absolute mess of a fan base. I feel more scared doing my shopping in tescos than I do walking to that ground with there fans hanging around in little groups..

All in all a good day.. COYS!!!!!!!!

A draw to Woolwich and man city away from home are decent results. If we hadnt let ourselves down against newcastle we’d be saying how good our start had been.

Its typical spurs dropping points in games we’re supposed to win. We’re notorious for it.
It's why we won't win the league or CL because we blow up every so often.

Blimey how can you compare that scenario with what you have just witnessed ? There is no way we would have come back from 2-0 down today. I really don't want to read what I know is going to be printed over the next couple of hours.
We simply have no Plan B when we are either trying to hold a lead or recover from being behind. Playing out from the back is pulse stoppingly embarrassing and the manager is immovable regarding substitutions and his idolising of Kane and Alli is at the expense of other players capable of changing the game.:(
Sound of taxi.....bye.

Sorry to pick on you (there have been loads of negative posters of late) . But really just fuck off with the taxi for Poch shit.
We have become an elite team under Poch and you want to gamble that away on who??? And even if you name 1 or 2 candidates, what are the chances they will come? Surely you realise that if fans run Poch out we will in all likelihood end up with someone weaker. We will still have the same transfer budgets and nothing will improve.

I am not saying Poch is perfect. He like, every manager (even Pep & Klopp) makes mistakes, but it will turn around.

If you give Woolwich any kind of credit then you’re automatically a cunt in my books. They were awful and we gifted them their two goals. Ceballos is a dirty fucking cunt who brought Dele down in the box. The ref was an obvious gooner cunt who gave them calls all day.

Sorry to pick on you (there have been loads of negative posters of late) . But really just fuck off with the taxi for Poch shit.
We have become an elite team under Poch and you want to gamble that away on who??? And even if you name 1 or 2 candidates, what are the chances they will come? Surely you realise that if fans run Poch out we will in all likelihood end up with someone weaker. We will still have the same transfer budgets and nothing will improve.

I am not saying Poch is perfect. He like, every manager (even Pep & Klopp) makes mistakes, but it will turn around.
Post of the Day right here MiddxSpur

Am I being biased for thinking this is a little unfair?

uapqpUz.png

OK Newcastle, I'll give him that but bloody hell then!

Back
Top Bottom