Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope the bbc go bust.

How dare they run an article “Tottenham Hotspur it’s happening again”

Bunch of cunts

I've got butterflies already, I'm going to be a bloomin' wreck by 12.30 tomorrow. ....think I'd better make that a double vodka instead of the tea!
Not feeling good about this at all. I've been in a lousy mood all week and can't cope with another bad result, especially against this lot!

Last edited:
D0pkwnkWsAIsCQE.jpg:large

I have only dipped into the last few pages of this thread, on the train home. I honestly didn't think it was that bad a performance, and an improvement on the last two games. Plus points for me - Sissoko played really well (my MOTM); Victor had a more-than-decent game, considering he hasn't played much for nearly two seasons; Eriksen was more involved than he has been recently (and I have been a harsh critic of his).
I never felt that they had the upper hand and if it hadn't been for that double-save from their keeper, we would have been singing from a different hymn sheet.
Suppose we had a bit of luck when they didn't convert the penalty, but don't think it was a penalty in the first place, so justice was done in the end.
Referee was abysmal again, some of the fouls he let go were shocking.

Had some gooner twats in our section today.

2 celebrated their goal then got thrown out when we made it very clear they were not welcome.

Then the 3 guys in front didn’t celebrate our goal at all.

Which seemed a bit odd to me at an NLD.

So just started screaming yids and yeesssss while grabbing into their shoulders and generally going mental.

They all left immediately......
:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Well said! The time wasting a pure embarrassment, they aren’t getting top 4
Mate we have no Winks, no Dier, no Dembele, and Wanyama has played about 4 games in nearly two seasons.
We finished the game with Rose as a CM, and he was abysmal beyond recognition.
I genuinely though it was ME out there, fuck mine, LOL.

And they still couldn’t break us down and control the game. Shite team.

People need to look at our situation and as Poch says, give credit.
I’m so done with the entitlement I’ve been feeling the last week. I love this club and feel pride in the we are THIRD with no home ground and so many injuries.

NO other team would cope, not one. Fuck the lot of them. A public apology to Eriksen too.....he’s a fucking Yid until he’s somewhere else.

I can’t wait for next season already, new ground, fresh start and believe it or not, I can’t wait for VAR....we will only gain from it all.
But right now, the pressure is off, stay third, and have some fun in Europe.

The thing I love most is........

Setting out now guys. Three hour drive to Hillingdon with a couple of pick ups along the way.

Here's hoping this is place of joy and gaiety when I return this evening.

COYMFS

giphy.gif

You know exactly what I mean by quality football, you're a tottenham supporter. That was utter dross from start to finish and I fail to see the passion intensity and entertainment you speak of.
We robbed them of a point and are lucky they're crap.

We’re lucky?
They’re lucky we:
1) Have no ground
2) Have no Winks
3) Have no Dele
4) Have a recently injured Kane
5) Have to play Eriksen deep
6) Had to play Rose in midfield
7) Have an injury ravaged Wanyama
8) Have no Dier
9) Have no Dembele

If you was expecting total football that’s your problem.

It’s boring. Every week people think we are going to play like Brazil 70, yet they KNOW we don’t have the players for it with all the issues of this season.
What.....you thought Wanyama would be Roy Keane? Or Rose would suddenly be Cafu?

You saw the team, you know the situation we are in and you know what we are capable of.
If you want to compare this to Chelsea or Burnley you’re way off the mark.
Today we cared

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Winks - Sissoko - Rose
Eriksen - Son
Kane
We could really do with Alli and Dier back, but I think it’s too soon. Kane’s return has affected Son, but we need them both to be peppering their keeper with shots.

All form goes out the window here, doesn’t matter if you’re on a winning streak or a losing run, forget about it.

To dare is to do. Let’s finish them.

COYS
Asylum calling
Are you insane .
Playing Tripps after that .
A Strategy of stupidity .

I don't want to see Trippier or Eriksen ANYWHERE near the starting eleven to be honest - but I have no doubt they'll both probably start.

What can go wrong with starting KWP at right back? Spurs kid. Understands the fucking rivalry and wants to play for the shirt. He's played at the fucking Nou Camp ffs. Just give him a shot in the first team and let him play from now until the end of the season. Got to get Rose back in there too, another fighter who knows exactly what this fixture is about.

It'd be great to have Vertonghen back, but again I don't want to rush him back if he isn't 100% - Sanchez was brilliant tonight. Alderweireld less so for the first goal, but I put that down to him playing on the left side of defence where he's always been noticeably weaker. If Vertonghen is fit, I wouldn't be against going 3 at the back.

Dreading another Sissoko/Winks/Eriksen midfield 3 - mainly because both Sissoko and Eriksen leave Winks to do much on his own. Not Sissoko's fault because he's usually on the right side of the pitch babysitting whoever our fucking right back is and Eriksen just seems to do fuck all defensively - but we don't really have any options, I hope Dier is back.

Attack picks itself right? Not like we have anyone else. We have Kane back now, so please please please stop with the Llorente subs. He offers NOTHING when we already have Kane in the team, lumbering giant with the touch of a cat trying to scratch shit off a marble floor.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Walker-Peters - Sissoko - Dier - Winks - Rose
Son - Kane
Is probably how I'd go if Dier is fit enough to start. Dier being in there just provides us with someone IN midfield with Winks for when Sissoko is out covering KWP or up the field somewhere. Just get our wing backs high up the pitch to pin Woolwich back. Time for Kane to step up, like he always does against Woolwich and it'd be nice if Son showed up again since going missing a week ago.

In all honesty, I am dreading it. Woolwich will be up for this more than they were in the home game and now ALL the pressure is on us. They win and they go 1 point behind us. Don't forget Chelsea also have a game in hand over us, so they could also get within 1 point of us. Man Utd can go 2 points behind us too. We do NOT want to get dragged into a battle for fourth ffs.

It's not even a must not lose. It's simply a must win. A draw isn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom