Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had great hopes for Sanchez but he looks a liability now

Next season Foyth has to step up

I think Foyth has shown a lot more than Sanchez has for us - I don't think 3 at the back helps Sanchez at all, not sure why but I've never been convinced by him in a 3 at the back system, he does look a lot better with 2 at the back though.

So hopefully next season we push with 2 at the back with Sanchez and Foyth rotating with Vertonghen on the left side of defence.

Depends what you mean by quality football.
Give me passion, intensity and entertainment all day long.

Bored shitless by most big games over the last decade to be honest.

Tiki taki chess games, shove em up your arse
You know exactly what I mean by quality football, you're a tottenham supporter. That was utter dross from start to finish and I fail to see the passion intensity and entertainment you speak of.
We robbed them of a point and are lucky they're crap.

I really hope Winksy is ok for tuesday or it could be a really long night. If we play like we did today dortmund could do the unthinkable.

Absolutely delighted to not lose but fuck me that was diabolical-no response after Burnley at the racists, no reaction today in either half after Wednesday and we got really lucky to nick a point. If Woolwich had anything about them esp with the quality of those three subs coming on they would have hammered us second half.

Hope the purse strings are being loosened as we speak because we are going backwards compared to those around us and desperately need quality in and deadwood out this summer.
We need to park the fucking bus against Dortmund and attack on the counter. If ever there was a time for anti-football from this squad it’s Tuesday.

He really might be our most important player. He balances everything. He lets Kane stay where he should be and has the ability to attack down the left. We are so much wider when he plays.

Problem is Sonny

With Kane back he’s not nearly so effective

Running into cul de sacs today and control not good

For when you see a gooner at work on Monday and they’re moaning. Quote them this.

From Law 11 (offside)

- a player in an offside positions is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball is fouled before attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred prior to the offside offence.

That should end the Kane penalty debate.
Ooooh I like you, I’m going back to the pub now

Problem is Sonny

With Kane back he’s not nearly so effective

Running into cul de sacs today and control not good
Sonny hasn't played as well since Kane's return, but I wouldn't really say Sonny is the problem right now. There are so many other things that are worse right now.

Had great hopes for Sanchez but he looks a liability now

Next season Foyth has to step up

Davinson really does need to understand it isn't about being a bull in a china shop. I love his appetite to win the ball back but you can't be like a puppy chasing tail. He needs to mature into a more artful, defensive minded footballer. He's very aggressive but he needs to study the game like an Italian defender does. He needs to develop the bread and butter aspects of the defensive game.

The first goal, he's last man you simp,y cannot commit and leave the opposition goalside of you by allowing yourself to get rolled like that. There's a time to commit, a time to shepherd your opposition into areas you want them and times where you need to let your teammates gain the time required to get back and get into shape. The penalty was typical over zealous Dav. No top drawer centreback does what he did in the 89th minute he gifted them a potential match winner purely because he was too keen to win the ball back. Smart attackers will reel him in and do so too often

Last edited:
.. whose best position (in my view) is a defender

You're not wrong.

But it shows he isn't against converting players into different positions. I think Foyth has all the attributes to be a good defensive midfielder who can drop into a back three like Dier used to do in 15/16.

Though if it happens, would like to perhaps see it in pre-season first and not a competitive game.

Depends how you play Lucas
Play him up front and he disappears

At least with Coco he has an effect and makes challenges

Nandi clearly past it but generally has done well
Play him on the right, Sonny on the left and Eriksen behind Kane. Whats so difficult about that.

We need to threat and score against the opponent, making challenges can wait

I prefer to play badly and get a point, than play well and get nothing. If Woolwich had won today the pressure would have been really on.
Yeah obviously prefer to get a point but would you not prefer a better performance against our bitter rivals no?
Playing well and getting a point are not mutually exclusive things.

I'd love to know what was said at HT. I mean, how could they come out worse? Our lack of goal threat and urgency in the last two games is worrying.
Poch has bollocked them but no reaction which is also disturbing.
Bloody releived with the point and my anger is subsiding, but far from happy.

Back
Top Bottom