Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
The big one, the game everyone wants to win and no one wants to lose.

If it isn’t big enough, this will have a huge say on where we finish this season.

2 poor performances against Burnley and Chelsea haven’t helped. Woolwich had a strong 5-1 win, albeit against a poor Bournemouth side.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Winks - Sissoko - Rose
Eriksen - Son
Kane
We could really do with Alli and Dier back, but I think it’s too soon. Kane’s return has affected Son, but we need them both to be peppering their keeper with shots.

All form goes out the window here, doesn’t matter if you’re on a winning streak or a losing run, forget about it.

To dare is to do. Let’s finish them.

COYS

Lloris
Trippier - Winks - Sissoko - Rose
Eriksen - Son
Kane
We could really do with Alli and Dier back, but I think it’s too soon. Kane’s return has affected Son, but we need them both to be peppering their keeper with shots.

All form goes out the window here, doesn’t matter if you’re on a winning streak or a losing run, forget about it.

To dare is to do. Let’s finish them.

COYS
Asylum calling
Are you insane .
Playing Tripps after that .
A Strategy of stupidity .

I don't want to see Trippier or Eriksen ANYWHERE near the starting eleven to be honest - but I have no doubt they'll both probably start.

What can go wrong with starting KWP at right back? Spurs kid. Understands the fucking rivalry and wants to play for the shirt. He's played at the fucking Nou Camp ffs. Just give him a shot in the first team and let him play from now until the end of the season. Got to get Rose back in there too, another fighter who knows exactly what this fixture is about.

It'd be great to have Vertonghen back, but again I don't want to rush him back if he isn't 100% - Sanchez was brilliant tonight. Alderweireld less so for the first goal, but I put that down to him playing on the left side of defence where he's always been noticeably weaker. If Vertonghen is fit, I wouldn't be against going 3 at the back.

Dreading another Sissoko/Winks/Eriksen midfield 3 - mainly because both Sissoko and Eriksen leave Winks to do much on his own. Not Sissoko's fault because he's usually on the right side of the pitch babysitting whoever our fucking right back is and Eriksen just seems to do fuck all defensively - but we don't really have any options, I hope Dier is back.

Attack picks itself right? Not like we have anyone else. We have Kane back now, so please please please stop with the Llorente subs. He offers NOTHING when we already have Kane in the team, lumbering giant with the touch of a cat trying to scratch shit off a marble floor.

Lloris
Walker-Peters - Sissoko - Dier - Winks - Rose
Son - Kane
Is probably how I'd go if Dier is fit enough to start. Dier being in there just provides us with someone IN midfield with Winks for when Sissoko is out covering KWP or up the field somewhere. Just get our wing backs high up the pitch to pin Woolwich back. Time for Kane to step up, like he always does against Woolwich and it'd be nice if Son showed up again since going missing a week ago.

In all honesty, I am dreading it. Woolwich will be up for this more than they were in the home game and now ALL the pressure is on us. They win and they go 1 point behind us. Don't forget Chelsea also have a game in hand over us, so they could also get within 1 point of us. Man Utd can go 2 points behind us too. We do NOT want to get dragged into a battle for fourth ffs.

It's not even a must not lose. It's simply a must win. A draw isn't good enough.

Lose, and this team will implode. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but I don’t see this group recovering mentally.

As good as Winks and Sissoko are as options, we are paying the price (or not, as the case may be :levywtf:) for thinking they’re good enough to anchor a squad aiming for the top.

I would bench Kane for this one. he has played 2 tough matches in a week and clearly will take longer to get back to his best. Play Llorente & Son up front. Bring Kane on as a sub in 2nd half. Not sure re rest of team until I know if Dier or Vertonghen fit. Trippier cannot play though after that fuck up.

Right now I frankly couldn't give a shit I'm so sick....donf want to watch but know I will...im an addict and cannot pull myself away even though I should...aaaggghhhh tottenham are football crack

After tonight I don't care how this sounds... I WANNA FUCKING KILL ARSEANAL... I WANT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR PLAYERS TO SUFFER AT OUR HANDS AND BEG FOR MERCY....

I FUCKING HATE THEM WITH EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING... AND ANYTHING LESS THAN A WIN (after that shitshow tonight) IS UNACCEPTABLE...

FUCKING KIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL THEM!

After tonight I don't care how this sounds... I WANNA FUCKING KILL ARSEANAL... I WANT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR PLAYERS TO SUFFER AT OUR HANDS AND BEG FOR MERCY....

I FUCKING HATE THEM WITH EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING... AND ANYTHING LESS THAN A WIN (after that shitshow tonight) IS UNACCEPTABLE...

FUCKING KIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL THEM!
i-salute-you-5b22bd.jpg

I don't want to see Trippier or Eriksen ANYWHERE near the starting eleven to be honest - but I have no doubt they'll both probably start.

What can go wrong with starting KWP at right back? Spurs kid. Understands the fucking rivalry and wants to play for the shirt. He's played at the fucking Nou Camp ffs. Just give him a shot in the first team and let him play from now until the end of the season. Got to get Rose back in there too, another fighter who knows exactly what this fixture is about.

It'd be great to have Vertonghen back, but again I don't want to rush him back if he isn't 100% - Sanchez was brilliant tonight. Alderweireld less so for the first goal, but I put that down to him playing on the left side of defence where he's always been noticeably weaker. If Vertonghen is fit, I wouldn't be against going 3 at the back.

Dreading another Sissoko/Winks/Eriksen midfield 3 - mainly because both Sissoko and Eriksen leave Winks to do much on his own. Not Sissoko's fault because he's usually on the right side of the pitch babysitting whoever our fucking right back is and Eriksen just seems to do fuck all defensively - but we don't really have any options, I hope Dier is back.

Attack picks itself right? Not like we have anyone else. We have Kane back now, so please please please stop with the Llorente subs. He offers NOTHING when we already have Kane in the team, lumbering giant with the touch of a cat trying to scratch shit off a marble floor.

Lloris
Walker-Peters - Sissoko - Dier - Winks - Rose
Son - Kane
Is probably how I'd go if Dier is fit enough to start. Dier being in there just provides us with someone IN midfield with Winks for when Sissoko is out covering KWP or up the field somewhere. Just get our wing backs high up the pitch to pin Woolwich back. Time for Kane to step up, like he always does against Woolwich and it'd be nice if Son showed up again since going missing a week ago.

In all honesty, I am dreading it. Woolwich will be up for this more than they were in the home game and now ALL the pressure is on us. They win and they go 1 point behind us. Don't forget Chelsea also have a game in hand over us, so they could also get within 1 point of us. Man Utd can go 2 points behind us too. We do NOT want to get dragged into a battle for fourth ffs.

It's not even a must not lose. It's simply a must win. A draw isn't good enough.

I think we’re already in a battle for fourth, and the team has to know how critical this match is in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom