Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He really wasn't. In fact he was our best performer first half but he's the new Sissoko on here so it's easy to target him.
I don't care whether he is a target here or not , from being at the game and watching with my own eyes he was awful

In my opinion of course

We were trying loads of high balls up to nando, but every time he controlled it the ref gave them a free kick, never known anything like it

Because they were fouls.

He constantly leads with his arms. Almost begging for a free-kick to be awarded. Woolwich were also very canny at going down at every opportunity (we would have done the same)

Lumping balls up to Llorente is really not the way we play. He often gets in the way of Kane.

You know exactly what I mean by quality football, you're a tottenham supporter. That was utter dross from start to finish and I fail to see the passion intensity and entertainment you speak of.
We robbed them of a point and are lucky they're crap.

We’re lucky?
They’re lucky we:
1) Have no ground
2) Have no Winks
3) Have no Dele
4) Have a recently injured Kane
5) Have to play Eriksen deep
6) Had to play Rose in midfield
7) Have an injury ravaged Wanyama
8) Have no Dier
9) Have no Dembele

If you was expecting total football that’s your problem.

It’s boring. Every week people think we are going to play like Brazil 70, yet they KNOW we don’t have the players for it with all the issues of this season.
What.....you thought Wanyama would be Roy Keane? Or Rose would suddenly be Cafu?

You saw the team, you know the situation we are in and you know what we are capable of.
If you want to compare this to Chelsea or Burnley you’re way off the mark.
Today we cared

Do you wanna spend money or not? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Clearly Poch wanted him and Levy got him.

And to write off a CB at age 22 is lunacy. He’s been inconsistent but there’s been matches where he’s been out best player on the pitch over the past 2 seasons.
I'm not sure if this one's for me. Yes, of course I want to spend money. I am seething at the mismanagement of this squad. We used to be like an MMA fighter. We used to frighten the piss out of people with our pace and power. And now we are so flimsy. It's like a slow death.

I'm not writing off Sanchez. I am, however, wondering if we should have instead ploughed that kind of money into a new midfielder or someone who could give us more composure in the final third.

We were trying loads of high balls up to nando, but every time he controlled it the ref gave them a free kick, never known anything like it

Ref was poor

Blatant foul once in Nando from behind and he wouldn’t give it

Have we got any decent refs?

D0pkwnkWsAIsCQE.jpg:large

We’re lucky?
They’re lucky we:
1) Have no ground
2) Have no Winks
3) Have no Dele
4) Have a recently injured Kane
5) Have to play Eriksen deep
6) Had to play Rose in midfield
7) Have an injury ravaged Wanyama
8) Have no Dier
9) Have no Dembele

If you was expecting total football that’s your problem.

It’s boring. Every week people think we are going to play like Brazil 70, yet they KNOW we don’t have the players for it with all the issues of this season.
What.....you thought Wanyama would be Roy Keane? Or Rose would suddenly be Cafu?

You saw the team, you know the situation we are in and you know what we are capable of.
If you want to compare this to Chelsea or Burnley you’re way off the mark.
Today we cared

I refuse to get into absolutely anything with you tbh so I'll leave this well alone after saying this-people are perfectly entitled to their opinion, an idea you don't seem to be able to fathom because you are the best spurs supporter alive or has ever lived.
Its perfectly ok to want better football from us with Kane Eriksen Son Rose Toby and Jan on the pitch.
To say that was a horrendous game and performance doesn't make me or anyone else any less of a fan than you-this is a forum.

Back
Top Bottom